By ghanafirst, Member on 23rd June 2012, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2012, 02:09 PM |#41  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmace4

With the older version I could not read the NV Items. I could only write to them. I believe this has been fixed in the newer versions.

Same in Newer Version 3.8.7 You won't be able to back up NV through ws, or read them 1194 was the only readable item, but you can write..

19th July 2012, 02:53 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmace4

With the older version I could not read the NV Items. I could only write to them. I believe this has been fixed in the newer versions.

Sweet. I just ordered 3.8.7 a few hours ago...wish I would get the info from them so I can download. I hate waiting...

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo3000

Same in Newer Version 3.8.7 You won't be able to back up NV through ws, or read them 1194 was the only readable item, but you can write..

As long as I can write them that will be fine.
19th July 2012, 03:08 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 945

More
I think I was able to accomplish in DFS 4.0.0.4 what was done using QPST 3.8.0...entering the HDR info, and Mobile IP Profile 0 and 1 info.

Those who got 3G working, can you go on your S3's settings, More Settings, Mobile networks. What do you have selected for Network mode?

Also, do ##3282#, (enter your MSL), Edit, Others, HDR/1X Selection. Which mode is selected?
19th July 2012, 04:26 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Those running it on boost can u talk and surf the web at the same time

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using xda app-developers app
19th July 2012, 06:27 PM |#45  

More
I finally got 3G working using DFS 4.0.0.4.

1) Go to the Programming tab.

2) Click on the Data sub tab.

2a) Click on Read button.

3) Under PAP:
UID: samsung01@sprintpcs.com
Pwd: samsung

4) Under HDR AN:
NAI: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com
Pwd: (checked) enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password

5) Under HDR AN Long:
UID: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com

6) Put a check mark on "Authentication require password encryption"

7) Click on the Write button

8) Goto the Mobile IP sub tab.

8a) Click on Read button.

9) Right click on the first Profile radio button (that's Profile 0), and enable it.

10) Click on the Write button

11) On the Selected Profile settings section:
Home address: 0.0.0.0
Prim HA address: 68.28.15.12
Sec HA address: 68.28.31.12
AAA Shared Secret: enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password (put check mark on "Enter value in HEX")
HA Shared Secret: secret (remove check mark on "Enter value in HEX"

12) Click on Write current profile settings.

13) Reboot the phone. Then run the Update Profile and Update PRL on your Galaxy S3.

14) Done.

The settings above is to activate the Galaxy S3 on a legacy Sprint account like SERO. I believe it will also work for Boost. I left Profile 1 alone since the Update Profile automatically takes care of this for you...and so it doesn't matter if you're activating this on SERO or Boost.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AlpineMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlpineMan Ad-Free
19th July 2012, 09:54 PM |#46  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan

I finally got 3G working using DFS 4.0.0.4.

1) Go to the Programming tab.

2) Click on the Data sub tab.

3) Under PAP:
UID: samsung01@sprintpcs.com
Pwd: samsung

4) Under HDR AN:

5) Under HDR AN Long:
UID: MEID@hcm.sprintpcs.com

6) Put a check mark on "Authentication require password encryption"

7) Click on the Write button

8) Goto the Mobile IP sub tab.

9) Right click on the first Profile radio button (that's Profile 0), and enable it.

10) Click on the Write button

11) On the Selected Profile settings section:
Home address: 0.0.0.0
Prim HA address: 68.28.15.12
Sec HA address: 68.28.31.12
AAA Shared Secret: enter your 32 digit HEX AAA password (put check mark on "Enter value in HEX")
HA Shared Secret: secret (remove check mark on "Enter value in HEX"

12) Click on Write current profile settings.

13) Reboot the phone. Then run the Update Profile and Update PRL on your Galaxy S3.

14) Done.

The settings above is to activate the Galaxy S3 on a legacy Sprint account like SERO. I believe it will also work for Boost. I left Profile 1 alone since the Update Profile automatically takes care of this for you...and so it doesn't matter if you're activating this on SERO or Boost.

Some of the settings I can get to stick and some I can't. In the pic below, what are your settings there? In preferred mode setting, the only one I can get any data is with CDMA_IS2000 setting and from what I have read thats 1xrtt. If its set to anything else I get the circle with the line through it and then the signal bars will pop up briefly and then go back to the circle. I am in fear that I have messed up something trying to flash the ways I have done in the past. I have flashed many phones to Boost and Straight Talk but I may have this one on eBay for parts... I have to step out for a bit but will be back soon. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFS Nam.jpg
Views:	2334
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1209040  
19th July 2012, 11:49 PM |#47  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnova1

Some of the settings I can get to stick and some I can't. In the pic below, what are your settings there? In preferred mode setting, the only one I can get any data is with CDMA_IS2000 setting and from what I have read thats 1xrtt. If its set to anything else I get the circle with the line through it and then the signal bars will pop up briefly and then go back to the circle. I am in fear that I have messed up something trying to flash the ways I have done in the past. I have flashed many phones to Boost and Straight Talk but I may have this one on eBay for parts... I have to step out for a bit but will be back soon. Thanks

I didn't touch those settings. But my settings are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preferred setting.jpg
Views:	1985
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1209292  
20th July 2012, 01:15 AM |#48  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMan

I didn't touch those settings. But my settings are attached.

Yea thats what mine goes to..I think I messed mine up. I get nothing with that except the circle of death and an occasional signal bar for a second.... Are you on CDMA only or LTE-CDMA?
20th July 2012, 02:32 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
what is a 16 digit password to retrieve the msl from galaxy s3
Quote:

please pm me the 16 digit password to retrieve the msl on sprint galaxy s3 using cdma workshop. because standard samsung code doesn't work.

thank you
20th July 2012, 02:41 AM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirs10000

please pm me the 16 digit password to retrieve the msl on sprint galaxy s3 using cdma workshop. because standard samsung code doesn't work.

thank you

I just rooted the SIII and downloaded terminal emulator and did the "getprop ril.MSL" without quotes to get the MSL.
20th July 2012, 02:46 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
there is a different way to retrieve msl.
Quote:

I just rooted the SIII and downloaded terminal emulator and did the "getprop ril.MSL" without quotes to get the MSL.

pls reply back the 16 digit password that i can use in cdma workshop to retrieve the msl and do the other important part because without the 16 digit password it won't let me do the important part of it to flash this phone to boost mobile.

thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)