127 posts
Thanks Meter: 383

By ZeroNull, Senior Member on 1st July 2012, 07:34 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
19th July 2012, 05:41 PM |#61  
Flag Москва
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Add your post, I installed it on my A701.
In general, the theme of A700 dies. Alone: thanks and flat humor
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusikxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rusikxxx Ad-Free
20th July 2012, 12:23 PM |#62  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 172

More
I successfully tested Rusikxxx recovery on my A701 and it works just fine. I was able to backup and restore without any issue. Thanks a lot man !
20th July 2012, 01:16 PM |#63  
Newquay, UK
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Brave ! Might give this a go later

Edit - Maybe not !

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
20th July 2012, 05:33 PM |#64  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,971

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paugustin

I successfully tested Rusikxxx recovery on my A701 and it works just fine. I was able to backup and restore without any issue. Thanks a lot man !

Give her a good workout Mate. Data apps, etc. Make sure she's a solid recovery. I'm still waiting mine from the repair shop. Next week I hope.

Want to test a modified kernel I have from EZ Terry?

MD
20th July 2012, 05:34 PM |#65  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 172

More
I just send a PM to Rusikxxx, I tried to wipe data, the process didn't complete and now my tab cannot boot and won't even restore my backup or flash a new ROM !

I'm wondering if it comes from recovery or from something in the tablet itself...
20th July 2012, 05:47 PM |#66  
Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paugustin

I just send a PM to Rusikxxx, I tried to wipe data, the process didn't complete and now my tab cannot boot and won't even restore my backup or flash a new ROM !

I'm wondering if it comes from recovery or from something in the tablet itself...

It's the recovery. They don't have the /Data right. It's the same issue everybody else had when these guys published it.

Well, you can always see if they can get a better recovery that handles /Data correctly, then flash the updated recovery via current CWM.

That's "if" they can fix the issue.

Sorry it happened Mate.

MD
20th July 2012, 07:00 PM |#67  
Recognized Developer
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 3,596

Donate to Me
More
Those recovery was build manually from source or they was autogenerated from http://builder.clockworkmod.com/ ?re is

Edit : If it can help, here is the original recovery.fstab from stock recovery :

Code:
# mount point   fstype          device

/recovery       emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS
/boot           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX
/system         ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP
/cache          ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC
/misc           emmc            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/MSC
/data           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA             length=-1048576
/flex           ext4            /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FLX
/mnt/sdcard     vfat            /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vache For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2012, 09:06 PM |#68  
Flag Москва
Thanks Meter: 5

More
paugustin
Reply to your letter:
Format battery dalvik and cache runs without any problems. Date have not tried, as yet there is no need.
I have other problems: I can not collect the framework-res.apk other through arktuls to change resources.
It is still very raw and buggy.
I am going away on vacation for two weeks and hope for the arrival of what that change will occur ...
20th July 2012, 09:44 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearn

OK, full disclaimer that I am not responsible for any bricked units or partial working systems !

This was from a WORKING A700 EU edition running the 028FR firmware.

Backup everything on your internal storage as it will get wiped during the recovery.

Download the current relevant firmware for your device and put it on your SD card renamed to update.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1729692

I used root explorer to rename /system/etc/install-recovery.old back to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Download the A701 recovery image from http://download.acer-club.ru/uploads...1/recovery.img

The using adb :

adb reboot-bootloader

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot boot recovery.img

fastboot reboot

It should then go back to the old OS with the A701 recovery image in place. Next is the recovery using update.zip. Fully power off the device then hold power button + volume [with the 2 black knobs] and confirm with the volume button again, this should run the recovery, wipe everything and install the A700 recovery image.

As I mentioned before, if you aren't happy with any of this, don't do it !

Hi, need some help. I followed your instructions and everything with ADB went correctly, but the issue I have is when I try to install update zip I get an android laying down with an exclamation point? It wont instal the stock recovery image?
21st July 2012, 09:17 AM |#70  
Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusikxxx

paugustin
Reply to your letter:
Format battery dalvik and cache runs without any problems. Date have not tried, as yet there is no need.
I have other problems: I can not collect the framework-res.apk other through arktuls to change resources.
I am going away on vacation for two weeks and hope for the arrival of what that change will occur ...

And once again, a recovery is pushed to the users, without testing it fully. And 'you' have a 70x and you didn't test it. Just flashing it does not mean it was tested. You knew where the problem was, as it's the same recovery as the others which bricked tabs. Now you run on vacation. Nice job mate.
21st July 2012, 03:48 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusikxxx

paugustin
Reply to your letter:

If you knew there were issues, you should of stated them clearly and let the user decide to install the recovery or not. You made it seem that there were no issues and now people have bricked there tablets. Not a good move on your part, enjoy your vacation, just know you have upset a lot of people on this forum.

Sent from my Acer A700 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread