FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP/FRAMEWORK] NOGAPPS Project (NetworkLocation, MapsAPI, Blank Store)

496 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,276

By MaR-V-iN, Senior Member on 17th June 2012, 05:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th July 2012, 01:41 PM |#81  
Flag 'schland
Thanks Meter: 35

More
c:geo puts me right in the sea before africa so maybe this is the location 0/0. And osmand cant figure out my position as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
20th July 2012, 02:21 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza123

c:geo puts me right in the sea before africa so maybe this is the location 0/0. And osmand cant figure out my position as well.

Which android version are you using and could you please do a logcat of the boot process and when trying to retrieve the location? Thanks.
20th July 2012, 03:16 PM |#83  
Flag 'schland

More
ok, i will try to do this later...but i figured out now, that it works fine if i am connected to an wifi network. But it doesnt work if im running wifi but i'm not connected to one (of course having mobile data on)
edit: i am running cm9 rc2
21st July 2012, 07:01 PM |#84  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
As promised: here is a public testing release for Play Store Client (alias BlankStore)
Download in OP
On Android 4.4 replace /system/app with /system/priv-app in the following instructions!
Installation instructions Requires Android 4.0.4+:
  1. Remove old PlayStore/Market files if needed (using adb shell or as you like):
    • /system/app/Vending.apk
    • /system/app/Phonesky.apk
    • /system/app/com.android.vending.apk
    • /data/app/com.android.vending-*.apk
    • /data/data/com.android.vending (folder)
  2. Copy new com.android.vending.apk to /system/app with permission 644 or rw-r--r--
  3. Reboot
  4. Generate an Android ID
  5. Create an "Google Play Store for BlankStore"-Account via Settings/Accounts&Sync
  6. Launch BlankStore from your Launcher.
If you get fc while searching, you propably used non-working login data. Delete the account and retry or post a logcat.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
24th July 2012, 09:26 PM |#85  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
NetworkLocation 0.8.12 is out. Now JellyBean compatible (I hope ICS/GB is not broken. Please report!)
Also started on location retrieval via phone network - Thanks to all who pm'd me links to database providers!
The Following User Says Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
24th July 2012, 10:28 PM |#86  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 61

More
great, will have a look at it
24th July 2012, 10:50 PM |#87  
Flag Stavropol, Russia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Wink
Very interesting! Thanks
25th July 2012, 01:16 AM |#88  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Hm it seems that I cant install play store. I've deleted all relating to te old one and coped the one from here to system/app and nothing showed. Even did a full wipe and copied the file again and still nothing.

Forgot to mention that I'm on cm7 and apk does not even have an icon but tried it on cm10 and there is an icon. So is it not compatibile with cm7?
25th July 2012, 07:14 AM |#89  
Flag 'schland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macia10

Hm it seems that I cant install play store. I've deleted all relating to te old one and coped the one from here to system/app and nothing showed. Even did a full wipe and copied the file again and still nothing.

Forgot to mention that I'm on cm7 and apk does not even have an icon but tried it on cm10 and there is an icon. So is it not compatibile with cm7?

Same problem here, can me make a flashable zip? So I can be sure its not because i am to stupid to delete / copy Files

25th July 2012, 11:30 AM |#90  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macia10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonanza123

Same problem here, can me make a flashable zip? So I can be sure its not because i am to stupid to delete / copy Files

Sorry guys, forgot to metion it currently only works on ICS 4.0.4 and above.
I'll use ActionBarSherlock soon so it will be useable for earlier versions.

I planned to make a aroma installer containing all parts of this project and the ability to remove installed gapps when more components are in beta - by now this would be to much to do with every update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
2nd August 2012, 07:43 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
NetworkLocation BETA 2
New version 0.9.3 / BETA 2 of NetworkLocation is now available. It now supports gsm cell location.
You must grab one of the provided cell databases for now to use it, rename it to cells.db and put it in the ".nogapps"-folder (create if not exists) on the sdcard. In a future version this will be possible directly from opencellid.org servers. (however current method will still leave available so you may locate you without an data connection)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaR-V-iN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaR-V-iN Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
you are limited to 8 thanks per day

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)