FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jscott30, Guest on 22nd April 2012, 07:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2012, 06:36 AM |#211  

More
Smile Thanks for this rom ... really!!!
just wondered ... does enabling lagfix from recovery actually help with speed ... don't totally understand it, but I'm curious about it because voltage control only allows me to max out at 1200 (I was used to getting 1600 in other roms).

22nd July 2012, 08:09 AM |#212  
Haddonfield, IL
Thanks Meter: 3,440

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiddinmeright

just wondered ... does enabling lagfix from recovery actually help with speed ... don't totally understand it, but I'm curious about it because voltage control only allows me to max out at 1200 (I was used to getting 1600 in other roms).

lagfix in recovery converts your file systems to ext4 from the default of rfs. ext4 can be faster, especially with some of the more popular tweaks applied.

You can get 1600 via a kernel that implements over clocking.. Check my sig for some options there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zen Arcade Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 08:20 AM |#213  

More
Just saw this (wondering why xda app didn't notify me ... LOL). Will check this out from a computer later today when I wake up. Thanks for the heads up tho.

By the way ... what "other tweaks" do you find most useful in terms of speed (can't see your full signature from the app, so disregard this part if they are included there).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2012, 01:35 PM |#214  
Haddonfield, IL
Thanks Meter: 3,440

More
I usually run the level 1 tweaks from the Infuse Toolkit, which are based on Adrenaline Shot tweaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zen Arcade Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 02:20 PM |#215  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Im getting really bad battery life since updating to this.
I followed the instructions to the letter, only caveat to that is Kies wasn't connecting to my phone so I couldn't use Kies. The icon just spun and spun.
Any suggestions?
jscott30
27th July 2012, 05:03 PM |#216  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSModel-101

Im getting really bad battery life since updating to this.
I followed the instructions to the letter, only caveat to that is Kies wasn't connecting to my phone so I couldn't use Kies. The icon just spun and spun.
Any suggestions?

Try going to Settings / Privacy and do a factory reset. This will wipe anything that you have leftover from your previous setup. These packages are just stock AT&T Gingerbread (nothing different really than what you would have received from Kies), and generally get pretty decent battery life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 02:31 PM |#217  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

Try going to Settings / Privacy and do a factory reset. This will wipe anything that you have leftover from your previous setup. These packages are just stock AT&T Gingerbread (nothing different really than what you would have received from Kies), and generally get pretty decent battery life.

That seemed to have worked!! Phone was on this morning when I woke up!!
28th July 2012, 08:01 PM |#218  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Is this a safe method to revert back to gb coming from cm9 with blue cwm ? Or heimdall would be the best way to go?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app
jscott30
28th July 2012, 08:03 PM |#219  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leortez

Is this a safe method to revert back to gb coming from cm9 with blue cwm ? Or heimdall would be the best way to go?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Either this or Heimdall would work fine. They both do the same thing, and the Heimdall packages are good too, so your choice really.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
30th July 2012, 11:09 PM |#220  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks a lot for posting this. Had been waiting for sometime for this. Time for GB upgrade of course with root
6th August 2012, 04:33 PM |#221  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Is there a way to safely disable the CRT Animation in the Option C ROM? From what I can see from some of the mod threads, this mod is implemented in 'settings.jar' in Framework. Could I replace this file with settings.jar file from one of the other rooted builds?

Thank you for posting all of these. I really appreciate the work you've put into the Infuse!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)