Is there a GPS PRIMER? and What does the GPS photo function on the camera do?

Search This thread

christian15213

Jan 2, 2007
I set up my GPS to be active. Mind you, first I had to activate it via live search... sort of like a primer to get the GPS active and then I went to the camera and the GPS was activated and I took pictures.

Oddly, when I look at the pictures on my phone, not through wm but rather TF3d they come up. don't tell me where they were taking or have a GPS notification otherwise. Or, am I able to look for them anywhere else when I download them and or see them thrugh WM's photo viewer?

lastly, a program to leave GPS on all the time or a GPS primer would be an awesome program. Anything like that out there?

christian15213

Jan 2, 2007
bump? I have read a lot and I can get my gps working just would like a kick starter program that pre loads the gps so when you load your program it is active...

HHumbert

Dec 16, 2006
San Francisco, CA
bump? I have read a lot and I can get my gps working just would like a kick starter program that pre loads the gps so when you load your program it is active...

Not sure if this is exactly what you were hoping for, but many chefs on the Tilt baked in GPS Test. Running this program sort of "primed" the GPS for other programs, such as TomTom. It also gives you better visibility of the warm up status of the satellites, so you can tell when you're going to start getting real signal.

There are a number of posts here that have the cab. I'd try that.

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
thanks this should help... LMAO... CC.

any word on how the GPS picture taking stuff works?

It adds the actual position (Geotag) you took the picture from to the exif info embedded into the picture.

Quite a few picture viewing apps now are seeing the geotag info embedded into the picture, and using it to display a link to other programs, like googlemaps.

Probably be pretty cool for your vacation shots, to zoom into the exact spot you took the picture from... I don't know about using your TP as your travel camera though.

christian15213

Jan 2, 2007
It adds the actual position (Geotag) you took the picture from to the exif info embedded into the picture.

Quite a few picture viewing apps now are seeing the geotag info embedded into the picture, and using it to display a link to other programs, like googlemaps.

Probably be pretty cool for your vacation shots, to zoom into the exact spot you took the picture from... I don't know about using your TP as your travel camera though.

I guess the geotag program as much what the problem is I can't actually find the pictures. LOL, they are in my viewer but not in the folder... I can't find them.

christian15213

Jan 2, 2007
AWESOME... a GPS kickstarter program...

just run this program, hit the home key and this will make sure all your programs that use GPS instantly obtain a signal in less than a second because it is pre-locked on a signal.

Why is this important? because certain programs, like shozu or other geotag picture program won't necessarily work unless the gps is already preloaded.

so it is cool to have this little proggy.

oh an just so ou know the GPS program on the camera has a different folder it puts the pictures into but furthermore the tags don't even work in fliker... I know that shozu does but this native program on the device is not working in fliker... hmmm.

When you set up your gps...

***make sure you set AGPS to disable...

***Set up the program GPS setting to Comm 1 or above... don't do comm 0 because the program I am about to give you won't work with com 0 so I set mine to Comm 1...

The program is GPS TEST...

***first run it, and I use livesearch for my gps stuff and make sure that is set to Comm 1 as well, and then hit the HOME key to not exit the program but rather leave it running in the background.

***Then, pull up your favorite GPS app and BAMMMM it locks onto the signal that the GPS Tester already found.

PERFECT...

Last edited: