Originally Posted by droidoso
I have tested the simplewebcam apk on the following
rooted Nexus 7 running 4.2 = works
unrooted Nexus 7 running 4.2.1 = works
unrooted Galaxy SIII running 4.1 = works
All tests used the SSK Driver-Free 1.3 Mega Pixel USB Webcam with Microphone & Clip - Black + Orange and the Creative Webcam nx Pro Vista / 7 ( I think both are knock-offs, I can not find model numbers). The SSK stated it was UVC compliant and the Creative box says “NO CD Driver”
I am interested in being able to record from the webcam or send the feed to other apps. I do not have the expertise to work the code to make this happen.
It's easy to get the USB device info from the Windows Device Manager as follows:
- right click on "my computer" on the desktop
- select Device Manager
- Doubleclick Imaging Devices
- doubleclick on your camera device - it might just say "USB Video Device" or something like that
- select Details
- copy the VID and PID numbers: eg: USB\VID_1e4e
- reference the VID and PID numbers on the http://www.ideasonboard.org/uvc/#devices
NOTE - if it works but it's not on the list, it just might be newer than the info on the list - please submit it to the list's maintainer.