Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2012, 08:20 PM |#11  
reflecting on Indra's net
Thanks Meter: 5,486

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iesvs

This method works for quite a few system images, not just the lockscreen. The problem is knowing which images to change in which folders. I would love to have some kind of annotated list from a handy website. I found something similar for editing Windows resource files where everything was numbered and mapped for convenience, but I haven't found anything like it for Android. Does it exist?

That would be great, but locations and file names can vary between devices/carriers/builds... it would be a massive list.

---------
Note to OP: Nice and simple write-up - thanks! - but GIMP should work just as well as Photoshop (for us free-loaders)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alteredlikeness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alteredlikeness Ad-Free

22nd July 2012, 08:26 PM |#12  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 101,454

More
Quote:

How do I switch out the files with 7zip?

Just right click on framework-res.apk and select open archive with
7zip. Then what I do is delete the res folder and replace it with the edited one.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Ichigo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ichigo Ad-Free
22nd July 2012, 10:10 PM |#13  
Flag Nowhere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randolph2000

can i have a copy of your image?

Bleach - Ichigo - Hollow?

http://animewallpaperss.webs.com/pho...-1600-1280.jpg
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Ichigo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ichigo Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 12:04 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Awesome guide, thx alot. Worked like a charm.

Btw where would i go to change the home, back and recent apps color?
23rd July 2012, 02:35 PM |#16  
Flag Vaughan, Canada
Thanks Meter: 706

Donate to Me
More
Hey Josepho1997, I want to thank you for this tutorial and I'll definitely give this a try once I have CM10 Early Build on my SIII. I also have a YouTube channel and if anyone wants, I can definitely make a video on How to Edit the PNGs and how the final product looks like
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllAboutAndroids For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AllAboutAndroids Ad-Free
23rd July 2012, 04:39 PM |#17  
Flag Nowhere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutAndroids

Hey Josepho1997, I want to thank you for this tutorial and I'll definitely give this a try once I have CM10 Early Build on my SIII. I also have a YouTube channel and if anyone wants, I can definitely make a video on How to Edit the PNGs and how the final product looks like

Thanks. And you should make that video for anybody who may need help.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Ichigo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ichigo Ad-Free
24th July 2012, 05:26 AM |#18  
Flag Wetumpka
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Wicked good tutorial!

The Following User Says Thank You to devilot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilot Ad-Free
24th July 2012, 10:59 PM |#20  
Flag Nowhere

More
I think I messed up on this one:
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to Ichigo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ichigo Ad-Free
25th July 2012, 02:33 AM |#21  
Flag Vaughan, Canada
Thanks Meter: 706

Donate to Me
More
Quick Update:

Turns out that on my Galaxy SIII, with the Jelly Bean based CM10, while over writing the Framework-res.apk, it causes the ROM to crash. I tried this same method on the Ice Cream Sandwich CM9 and it worked like a charm. I have a feeling that the ROM, since it's still in an Alpha stage caused the crash. Once a better and more stable version is released, then I'll test it out again

I'll try to make the tutorial either this weekend or the next for the ICS based CM9.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)