Star I9220 DPAD, firmware and rom

Search This thread

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Hello

I flash and root my N9000 but there is a problem with all rom find here.

I use flashtool for install stock rom or custom rom and i don't have beautiful colors

one is washed, other is very darkness. Now with the may UBOOT, it's seem with too much dark and contrast very high... Any photo is good to see, too dark and not natural...

I don't make a backup with my first and original ROM (what a idiot I am !!!)

So, if somebody have a backup of the original rom, I would like to have if you want... For now, I don't love my phone because of the colors...

Very big thanks for the persons who give me a link to the original one...

best regards

Patyan

BEST THING TO DO IS RE FLASH WITH THIS.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1695218&page=12

ROM http://www.mediafire.com/?o7na5mm6hfasjt7 this is june stock modified rom it has the correct uboot to sort out the display problems plus a custom recovery included in rom.
re flash with this rom all your problems over.

Last edited:

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
hello

I use this link and it's after the flash that my display is very dark...

I wait for the official ROM the shop in China will send me soon...

thank you

Patyan

Just read the post above how can you miss it it was last post before you.....

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

what link did you use?if stock rom use the post above.

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

what link did you use?if stock rom use the post above.
If you still have problems with graphics after flashing with NEW STOCK ROM JULY 03/07/12...USE ROM IN MY POST...it is for modified stock rom from june with uboot fixes for your grapics and custom recovery all in....read it page 12

Last edited:

patyan38

Sep 8, 2011
Isère
patyanradio.net
hello

thank you Kyrie1965 and sas007... Now it's working...

1- I flash the stock rom (Kyrie1965)
2- With flashtool I flash the uboot (sas007)

and :
I have the good colours...

bye and thanks

pat

Last edited:

shotfac

Jan 28, 2011
Say hello and great job to u all !

Hi All,

i have ordered my 19220 PAD and it is on the way, eagerly waiting for it.
Specs looking great compared to my old win mobile 6.5 phone. Now i am making a new turn to the Android world

specification
Model: i9220 pad
Phone Style: Bar, 5.08 inch Capacitive touchscreen
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 OS
Built-in Memory: 4GB ROM / 512MB RAM,
Memory Card: support to extend TF card to 32GB maximally
Processor: Qualcom MTK MT6575 1GHz
Display Screen Size: 5.08" Capacitive touch screen, 5 point multi-touch
Display reulotion: WVGA screen, 800*480
Color Support: 16 million colors
Screen Technology: Multi-touch Screen
Camera
Camera Resulotion: 5.0MP back camera, 1.3MP front camera
Connectivity
Connectivity Technology: GSM & 3G WCDMA network
Network Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz & 3G WCDMA 2100 MHz
Data Technology: GPRS, HSPDA
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1
WLan: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/a
USB: USB 2.0
GPS: GPS / A-GPS
Features
Video Player: AVI MP4 3GP MOV MKV FLV
Audio Player: FLAC APE MP3 OGG AMR AAC
Image: JPG PNG BMP GIF
Ringing Tones: Downloadable
Phone Book: More than 10000 contacts
Browser: HTML
Game: Downloadable, Google Market
Radio: FM Radio
G-sensor: Yes
Interface/Port: 3.5mm earphone jack / mini USB
Battery
Battery: Built-in Li-on battery, 3200mAh
dby Time: 180-240Hours
Dimensions: 147.2x79.5x9.7mm
Weight: 175g
Multi-language: English, French, Italian, Deutsch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Indonesian, Turkey, and more

I am a newbie and i have read all topics in this thread. I hope i will managed to flash it with a custom rom. Thanks for writing all your experience about the phone and custom roms.

Many thanks for these users who have gain much respect by me reading this thread: angelobiz :fingers-crossed:,Resquer :good:,sas07 :good: !!!,Spawn24fr ;),Scorpion1983 :good:,Kyrie1965 :fingers-crossed:

When my phone has arrived i will write my experience. For so far many thanks for your efforts

Shotfac

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2012
Got my one the other day, my first ever android phone (!)

I followed the guide in the OP of this thread, steep learning curve for me but I got there, the phone is now looking and running superb.

The only thing that isnt working is the screen rotation which I dont really care about, all the apps I want landscape mode on for has the option anyway (gameboid, comicrack etc).

Just wanted to register to say thanks to the guys who put these roms and guides together, its appreciated.

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Hi All,

i have ordered my 19220 PAD and it is on the way, eagerly waiting for it.
Specs looking great compared to my old win mobile 6.5 phone. Now i am making a new turn to the Android world

specification
Model: i9220 pad
Phone Style: Bar, 5.08 inch Capacitive touchscreen
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 OS
Built-in Memory: 4GB ROM / 512MB RAM,
Memory Card: support to extend TF card to 32GB maximally
Processor: Qualcom MTK MT6575 1GHz
Display Screen Size: 5.08" Capacitive touch screen, 5 point multi-touch
Display reulotion: WVGA screen, 800*480
Color Support: 16 million colors
Screen Technology: Multi-touch Screen
Camera
Camera Resulotion: 5.0MP back camera, 1.3MP front camera
Connectivity
Connectivity Technology: GSM & 3G WCDMA network
Network Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz & 3G WCDMA 2100 MHz
Data Technology: GPRS, HSPDA
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1
WLan: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/a
USB: USB 2.0
GPS: GPS / A-GPS
Features
Video Player: AVI MP4 3GP MOV MKV FLV
Audio Player: FLAC APE MP3 OGG AMR AAC
Image: JPG PNG BMP GIF
Ringing Tones: Downloadable
Phone Book: More than 10000 contacts
Browser: HTML
Game: Downloadable, Google Market
Radio: FM Radio
G-sensor: Yes
Interface/Port: 3.5mm earphone jack / mini USB
Battery
Battery: Built-in Li-on battery, 3200mAh
dby Time: 180-240Hours
Dimensions: 147.2x79.5x9.7mm
Weight: 175g
Multi-language: English, French, Italian, Deutsch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Indonesian, Turkey, and more

I am a newbie and i have read all topics in this thread. I hope i will managed to flash it with a custom rom. Thanks for writing all your experience about the phone and custom roms.

Many thanks for these users who have gain much respect by me reading this thread: angelobiz :fingers-crossed:,Resquer :good:,sas07 :good: !!!,Spawn24fr ;),Scorpion1983 :good:,Kyrie1965 :fingers-crossed:

When my phone has arrived i will write my experience. For so far many thanks for your efforts

Shotfac
Hope you really enjoy your new device and it serves you well...

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Got my one the other day, my first ever android phone (!)

I followed the guide in the OP of this thread, steep learning curve for me but I got there, the phone is now looking and running superb.

The only thing that isnt working is the screen rotation which I dont really care about, all the apps I want landscape mode on for has the option anyway (gameboid, comicrack etc).

Just wanted to register to say thanks to the guys who put these roms and guides together, its appreciated.

This may sound daft but in display settings enable auto rotation...it may do it...

krysiek

Jun 5, 2012
For everyone that has a rotating-display problem !
You need to enter the factory menu (during pwr up press down)
Enter to the g-sensor and choose a calibration.
I have found that from time to time my phone just gets stupid and recalibrate.
I have tried mass of diffrent firmwares untill i got this solution.
Let me know if it worked for You also
Regards
kr.

contemptx

Dec 29, 2007
I bought a couple of Star Note i9220 (N9000) phones and have flashed it with both the latest STOCK & MODIFIED images, however the colours on the phone are all wrong, either image is washed our or too dark.

I have noticed that another user also had this problem, but was able to rectify this issue by flashing the Stock image and then flashing the uBoot.

I have done this which solves the washed out colours on boot, however once the phone boots up the display is still very dark.

I have a couple of these phones that I have not modified, so I was wondering if there is a way that I can extract the system from them to re-flash back to the phone I have modified?

Or if anyone has a link to a correct N9000 image.

Other user:

@patyan38
Link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29084384&postcount=180

Also if it helps this is the link where I purchased the phone from: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...6575-Android-4-0-3-512MB-4GB-wholesalers.html

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
i bought a couple of star note i9220 (n9000) phones and have flashed it with both the latest stock & modified images, however the colours on the phone are all wrong, either image is washed our or too dark.

I have noticed that another user also had this problem, but was able to rectify this issue by flashing the stock image and then flashing the uboot.

I have done this which solves the washed out colours on boot, however once the phone boots up the display is still very dark.

I have a couple of these phones that i have not modified, so i was wondering if there is a way that i can extract the system from them to re-flash back to the phone i have modified?

Or if anyone has a link to a correct n9000 image.

Other user:

@patyan38
link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29084384&postcount=180

also if it helps this is the link where i purchased the phone from: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...6575-android-4-0-3-512mb-4gb-wholesalers.html
did you see page 12

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
use SP_MDT (sp multiport flash) and define the driver for your display start ,no conect your phone,close spmdt(this procedure charge the driver you define for display in uboot) now open sp flash tool and select your scater and flash your phone.

If the driver you use in spmdt don't work repeat the proces with other driver for display

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver with SP Flash Tool is less preferable than using firmware SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject (SP_MDT). But sometimes, this method saves when there are any problems with SP_MDT. method described here is slightly different from almost all other guides to flashing SP Flash Tool. It is more correct, since it is possible to select the correct driver for the camera and the display controller. This is achieved through a program SP_MDT, which stores the selected values ​​in uboot firmware. We will need: 1). Program SP Flash Tool . 2). The program SP_MDT . 3). Drivers MT6575 USB VCOM for the firmware. 4). She firmware for your device. To take the firmware section of firmware in this topic. 5). ( Optional ) Modified recovery.img for your smartphone when you want it to be on your smartphone. For every smart phone has his own. modified recovery for If you do not know what it is Instructions: 0). Unpack the archive SP_MDT, SP Flash Tool, MT6575 USB VCOM and an archive of the firmware. ( Optional ) If you have a modified recovery, then the file in the folder recovery.img replace the firmware on your modified. 1). Turn off your smartphone. The cable is not connected to the computer. 2). We take out the battery and insert it back. 3). Connect phone to computer cable. The operating system will detect a new device - enter the system folder with the driver MT6575 USB VCOM (for your OS). If something goes wrong with the installation of drivers, then use this method to install drivers . 4). Turning off the cable from your computer. 5). Run the program SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject. 6). Select Menu Factory database> Setup data source file and specify a file MTK_DATABASE.mdb (it lies in your SP_MDT). 7). Select the menu File> Open Download Agent File and specify a file MTK_AllInOneDA.bin (it lies in your SP_MDT). 8). Click Scatter File and select the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (he is in the folder with the firmware). 9). ( The most important point ). Many people complain that after flashing the phone based on MT6575 "fall off" the camera (front or rear), the display does not work (nothing shows skewed, incorrect brightness, incorrect color, etc.). The fact is that the manufacturer changes the device over time. In different batches of devices can be installed different matrix cells, different controllers display. To account for these situations in the uboot flash file made ​​all possible drivers (at the time of the firmware) for the cameras and the display device-specific. All you need to do - is to specify the correct sensors front and rear chambers and the right display controller (see screenshot). Do not prescribe NAMES BY HAND SENSORS ONLY CHOOSE THE RIGHT BUTTON THROUGH THE INSTALLATION OF SENSORS. 99% of the cases have to choose one of two options: mt9p017_raw (rear camera), hi704_yuv (front), RX_50RM_392A (display) or 0v5640_yuv (rear camera), hi704_yuv (front), RX_50RM_392A (display) It's okay if you make a mistake in these parameters. Just ask one more time with the right parameters. If both options will not work, then ... If the display does not work - try to trim the right of the display controller available for selection. If you do not work front or rear camera (or both), pick the right sensor for the respective chambers. The efficiency of cameras is easy to check by running a standard camera program. 10). After you specify all the data for the cameras and the display controller close the program SP_MDT. It is we no longer needed, since SP_MDT program has already made ​​the necessary data to flash uboot. 11). Open the program SP Flash Tool. 12). Click on the button Scatter-loading, and select the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (he is in the folder with the firmware.) 13). Push the button Download. 14). Connect phone to computer cable. The program should see it and start the firmware. If your phone is not detected, then unplug it from the computer, remove and insert the battery and reconnect to your computer. 15). After completing the firmware disable the phone. 16). Done.

In short basicly in the ???????? Settings of MDT change the display driver until it is right'it may need a few flashes'i have done this a few times

Sent from my ONDA MID using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: bjustin

contemptx

Dec 29, 2007
After testing multiple phones and stock / custom firmware I have compiled the latest images with CWM Recovery and stable uBoot for both the i9220 PAD & NOTE Versions & created an easy to follow flash guide.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?qew4j6o4fz6qlw2

1. Driver Install

1a.Remove the Battery from the phone and connect to your PC with the USB cable.
1b. Your computer should then try and locate the drivers for the device, you may have to direct your PC to the drivers which are located in: 1. Driver Install
1c. Disconnect Phone once complete.

2. Flash Firmware to Phone
Phone must be disconnected with the battery removed before proceeding:

2a. Run flash_tool.exe located in 2. Flash Tool
2b. click Scatter-loading, then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

2c. Press "Download" on flash tool.
2b. Connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable. (battery must be removed)
2e. flash tool should now flash the phone, once complete unplug the phone.

4. Advanced - Firmware Driver Update

If the Display has issues (scrambled or very dark) then you need to change the Display Driver which is flashed to your phone.

4a. Run SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe located in 4. Firmware Driver Update
4b. Click scatter file and then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

4c. click the box marked: ??????? then click Unlock.
4d. Click bottom drop down box then select an alternative display driver.

NOTE Driver: RX_50NT_401B
PAD Driver: RX_50RM_401A
PAD Driver: RX_50RM_365A

4e. exit SPMulti software
4f. re-flash the modified firmware as in step 2.

Note: if you have problems with your front or rear camera, you can also try loading different drivers for those which are the first and second drop down boxes.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here the official post of STAR I9220 DPAD
    it is a different phone with different firmware of haipai Noble i9220 e Star N8000. For this phone you must see right topic.

here a photo of Star I9220 DPAD
    the led is under the camera.

For flashing with Flashtool see the good guide of Bruno martins:
    http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.it/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html#comment-form

firmware stock:
    http://files.china-iphone.ru/51I92220PAD_20120428_e1809c_v75_gq1008_9p017.rar

Custom firmware:

thanks to Resquer
    custom recovery :
    http://forum.china-iphone.ru/download/file.php?id=35337
    Script repartiton of MBR,= memory for App 2.gb
    http://forum.china-iphone.ru/download/file.php?id=35036
    root:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wvb2v914y0uddtj

thanks to Johnny hung
    Taiwan101 STAR-i9220 Custom ROM V.03

CWM Recovery download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ro5d62qifqdgt99
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd7cicaf5r786ix/CWM_recovery_I9220PAD(BM)_v0.4.rar
    Custom ROM download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6p63a7w257i4vpa

CHANGELOG:
    1) Base on the Firmware 05-19-2012
    2) root permission
    3) Mei /ICS Launcher
    4) DATA partition become 2GB
    5) SDCARD become external TF card
    6) Taiwan101 splash image
    7) Taiwan101 default Wallpaper- ICS Launcher
    8) Full Google service
    9) AGPS issue fixed
    10) Home key wake up
    11) Battery % display
    12) Pop Windows color change
    13) SONY Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
    14) Internal storage -512MB lose.....
    11) all h/w working

Flash process:
    1. flash back to official firmware
    2. flash the custom recovery
    3. into recovery mode
    4. wipe data/factory reset & Wipe cache & Wipe Dalvik cache
    5. Install ZIP from sdcard ->choice custom rom zip file -> OK
    6. reboot
    MT6575 Driver Installtion Step by Step jpalpano
    I have experienced so much frustration installing the drivers for the first time, in order to use it with SP-Flash Tool and SP-MDT Tool.
    It took a lot of research, trial and error, and hair-pulling activities before I was able to finally do it.

So to help our newbies out there, I hope this guide may help you.

This is for you if your problem is:
    The Flasht Tool or SP-MDT Tool cannot detect your phone.
    When you plug your phone, you hear it connecting, and disconnecting immediately in Windows.
    Your phone goes into connecting and disconnecting state.
    Your phone can be flashed via the SP-Flash Tool, but not through the SP-MDT Tool

The Basics:
    There are actually 2 different types of drivers for this phone:
    1. The USB driver
    - You need to have this installed in order for you to use it via ADB Devices, USB Debugging mode, TPSparky Root tool, etc.
    - This driver is needed for activities where the phone remains turned on.
    - The component of this driver will appear as MT65xx ADB Interface device
    2. The Preloader driver
    - You need to have this installed in order for you to use it with the Flashing Tool and SP-MDT Tool
    - This driver is needed for activities where the phone is turned off.
    - There are two components of this driver: The Meditatek USB VCOM driver and the Mediatek USB DA VCOM driver

The Tools:
    There are two types of tools you can use for updating this phone:
    1. The SP-Flash Tool
    - This is easier to use as long as you have correctly installed the device drivers
    - This is recommended for flashing only a few parts of the ROM, like for example, changing only the recovery, uboot, and boot images.
    2. The SP-MDT Tool
    - This is an advanced tool which allows you to set the display drivers
    - The installation of the driver is a little more complex for this tool in order for your phone to be detected
    - If you are able to successfully flash using the SP-Flashtool, but then your display is black, wrong color, twisted, etc, this tool is what you need.

There are a lot of people who are able to successfully install drivers and flash using the SP-Flashtool,
    but to no success when using the SP-MDT tool.
    In my experience, once I got to make the SP-MDT tool work, I had no use for SP-Flashtool anymore.

The Procedure
    First of all, if you have installed the drivers already, and think it doesn't work, I recommend to clear out all
    Android drivers you have installed using the USB Deview tool.
    Delete all those drivers there that starts with MT.
    Also delete any other drivers you might have installed for your old or other Android Devices.

ADB Interface Device
    Turn your phone on and switch on the USB Debuggin mode under Settings>Developer Options.
    Plug your phone to your computer
    On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
    Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
    On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some of you may not see this screen)
    Click the Have Disk... button.
    On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the android_winusb.inf driver in your hard drive (link below).
    Open it then Click OK.
    Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
    You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
    Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
    Check if you phone can be detected now via the ADB Devices.

You can now use the TPSparky root tool to root your phone and install SuperUser.

USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers
    Launch your Device Manager and Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
    Resize the screen ofyour Device Manager in a way that you see the Ports section without having to scroll down the window.
    Make this window always visible. Do not minimize it.

PART 1
    Turn off your phone and remove the battery.
    Plug your phone into your PC and wait for it to be detected.
    Windows should automatically bring up the Hardware Update Wizard.
    If it did not, that means you have not totally deleted the old drivers using the USB Deview tool.
    On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
    Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
    On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some may not see this screen)
    Click the Have Disk... button.
    On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the driver in your hard drive. Open it then Click OK.
    Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
    You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
    Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
    The device manager should refresh and you should see the driver in the Ports section.
    But then you will notice it will disappear, and you will hear the USB disconnected sound right away. This is alright.

PART 2
    Disconnect your phone from USB
    Insert the battery back
    Plug your phone into the computer again.
    You should be prompted for the drivers again.
    Follow the same steps above and use the same driver file.
    Once installed, the phone will disappear from Device Manager again. That is alright. Do not worry.

After Parts 1 and 2 above, you should have been able to install both the USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers.
    You should now be able to flash using both of the flash tools.

SP-Flashtool can detect it but not SP-MDT tool
    In order for SP-MDT tool to work, your driver should be installed between COM1 and COM16.
    If not, then SP-MDT cannot flash your phone.

To solve it, you must force assign the COM port for your phone.
    These steps are a little tricky so you must have quick hands.
    Turn off your phone and disconnect from your computer
    Remove battery for a few seconds, then put it back. Don't turn on.
    On your device manager, focus your eyes on the Ports section
    Connect your phone to the USB.
    The device manager shall refresh and you should see your phone under the Ports section with the COM# in parenthesis (ex: COM8).
    If the COM# of your phone is COM17 and up, then we have to change it.
    Your eyes should be quick because this will disappear in a few seconds.
    Disconnect again the phone from USB.
    Remove battery again, then put it back.
    Now, position your mouse over the part where you saw your phone in the Ports section.
    Connect your phone to the USB.
    When the Device Manager refreshes and shows your devices, immediately double click it before it disappears again.
    The properties of the device should now pop-up.
    Click the Port Setttings tab and click the Advanced.. button.
    On the bottom of the new window is a COM Port Number drop-down menu, showing the current port # assigned to your phone.
    Click the drop-down and select any available COM ports between COM1 and COM16. (I used COM8 with mine).
    Click OK, then OK again.
    Disconnect and Reconnect your phone again and make sure that device manager already show it under the COM# you assigned.
    Your device should now be detected by the SP-MDT Tool.

If this steps have helped you, I will really appreciate if you thank me using the Thanks button, before just replying to my post and saying thanks.

*********************http://www.mediafire.com/?kma1bj39ackke4a
    ROMs for Star Note i9220

Hi Sas,

thanks for the links. I found the uboot 0526 on the russian forum. It is true that the problem with the very bright display is a uboot-problem which can be solved by the uboot from may.

So I did only 2 things: I took the latest stock-firmware from merimobiles 20120607 and copied the CWRM-recovery and the uboot from 20120526 inside. You can flash it with the flash-tool and after you have to root it with "TPSparkyRoot_ haipai _noble_I9220" from page 1.

Step 1:
    Here is the link for the stock-rom modified with CWRM and uboot:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o7na5mm6hfasjt7

Step 2:
    And the link from page 1 for the root-script:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wvb2v914y0uddtj

a) As an alternative for step 1 and 2 you can install CWRM only or the complete firmware with step 1.
    b) Download and copy a russian modified stock-rom to the root of your sd-card:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eas7ztidnn996wo
    c) Go into recovery-mode by keep holding the left volume-rocker when turning on the phone.
    d) Select the following steps:
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe cache
    - wipe Dalvik cache (Advanced)
    - install ZIP from sdcard
    - choose the modified rom "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip"
    - confirm twice
    - after installing is complete reboot device

This russian modified rom runs very nice on my device:
    - It is rooted already
    - It has the correct uboot
    - It has deleted chinese apps
    - It has a nice battery circle in the top-bar
    - It seems to have some optimization which I don't know
    - It has the original partition size of 500mb for system, which I recommend so you can backup your system with CWRM or go back to stock-rom-backups without problems.

There is the same modified rom on the russian forum availabe which has a changed partition of 2GB for system, but if you want to go back from this rom to a stock-rom with the original system-size you have to flash with the flashtool first - restore with CWRM would fail.

These 2 modified roms were already posted in post no. 73 by djwohls.

I will go on testing the "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip" and if I don't have any issues I will keep that rom.

But until now I recommend this russian mod-rom (seems to be a small piece of a super-rom).

Have phun.
    After testing multiple phones and stock / custom firmware I have compiled the latest images with CWM Recovery and stable uBoot for both the i9220 PAD & NOTE Versions & created an easy to follow flash guide.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?qew4j6o4fz6qlw2

1. Driver Install

1a.Remove the Battery from the phone and connect to your PC with the USB cable.
    1b. Your computer should then try and locate the drivers for the device, you may have to direct your PC to the drivers which are located in: 1. Driver Install
    1c. Disconnect Phone once complete.

2. Flash Firmware to Phone
    Phone must be disconnected with the battery removed before proceeding:

2a. Run flash_tool.exe located in 2. Flash Tool
    2b. click Scatter-loading, then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

2c. Press "Download" on flash tool.
    2b. Connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable. (battery must be removed)
    2e. flash tool should now flash the phone, once complete unplug the phone.

4. Advanced - Firmware Driver Update

If the Display has issues (scrambled or very dark) then you need to change the Display Driver which is flashed to your phone.

4a. Run SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe located in 4. Firmware Driver Update
    4b. Click scatter file and then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

4c. click the box marked: ??????? then click Unlock.
    4d. Click bottom drop down box then select an alternative display driver.

NOTE Driver: RX_50NT_401B
    PAD Driver: RX_50RM_401A
    PAD Driver: RX_50RM_365A

4e. exit SPMulti software
    4f. re-flash the modified firmware as in step 2.

Note: if you have problems with your front or rear camera, you can also try loading different drivers for those which are the first and second drop down boxes.
    Rotation issues and display on June Firmware

I had issue with my rotation not working. Here is how I fixed:

Factory data reset.
    Boot into recovery.
    Wipe data/Factory reset.
    Wipe Cache Partition.
    Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    Power off.
    Flashed June ROM.
    Flashed Clockwork recovery.

Now my rotation was working. However, I had the display issue with static/washed out colors. Here is how I fixed that:

Flashed UBOOT from May firmware, and only the UBOOT.

Works great now!

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

UPDATE FROM RESQUER on CHINA-IPHONE.RU

forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19264&start=980#p622242

Below is translation from Google Translate. I have not tested, just passing along.

--------

WARNING: You can install over any firmware (the new kernel will also be stitched), be sure to have to remove all valuable data from the internal memory card (if any), as will be made Partitioning with formatting, everything will be destroyed.
    The external card is not concerned at all it will remain.

--------

files.china-iphone.ru/122I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.2Gb_data.signed.zip

Did the latest firmware on June 7, 2012 in the version for the firmware through the recovery. Useful for those who do not want to dance with the selection of uboot, to display the correct color display with normal brightness.
    Nothing radically changed not only removed the unwanted Chinese junk, added the most to minimize the necessary software and tweaks. Also, the flashing of the archive will automatically remapping the internal flash device after prshivki size of internal memory will be 2GB, internal sd card - 500MB.
    Replaced the battery icon in the round, with interest.
    Firmware already includes a root, superuser, busybox.
    By default, external sd card is mounted in / mnt / sdcard, internal - / mnt/sdcard2

Added tweaks that I had previously put out a separate patch, set separately it is not required. The density of information display set back to default - 240dpi, because the with non-standard density there are problems with Google Play, namely, many applications are not available for download.

Added software:
    - Adobe Flash Player
    - Link2SD
    - Titanium Backup
    - LuckyPatcher
    - Rebooter
    - Mobileuncle Tools (Russian version)
    - 4Pda App & Game
    - Flashlight

The installation must be carried out under the CWM recovery.
    You can install over any firmware (the new kernel will also be stitched), be sure to have to remove all valuable data from the internal memory card (if any), as will be made Partitioning with formatting, everything will be destroyed.
    The external card is not concerned at all it will remain.
    Do not necessarily wipe, it will be done automatically.

-------

sorry for the formatting. I cannot post links yet...