[ROM][4.1.2][3.1] Slim Bean(I897) [All Languages][Final]

Search This thread

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
SlimBeanOP.png
Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
  2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
  3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
  4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
For installation instructions please check here
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the source code.

Last edited:

musicdjm

Feb 15, 2011
Worcester,MA
thank you so much

Thanks again, i jumped from Slim ICS to the first JB rom that came out and i have had nothing but crazy issues with my phone since, I LOVE SLIM ROMS so i am so so so happy and thankful that you have but out a JB rom, it fixed all the major problems i was having on the other roms

Wwebmonster

Aug 2, 2010
Hi,
some issues I have
where to increase pixel density (make screen bigger)
clock on the right side shows only hour without minutes

and at cwm (recovery mode) power button not works.

powerserge1

May 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Question: Why would I want to upgrade to JB from ICS? What are the advantages? I am running SLIM 4.2 and love it. I know JB is the latest and greatest but not sure why people are set on switching from an already great ICS ROM. Just curious as to the pluses.

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
Hi,
some issues I have
where to increase pixel density (make screen bigger)
clock on the right side shows only hour without minutes

and at cwm (recovery mode) power button not works.

Change DPI in the build prop OR using the app mention in Slimroms.com (please read before asking)
Clock works just fine on mine.
Powerbutton is not used anymore. Softkeys are used in recovery now

Question: Why would I want to upgrade to JB from ICS? What are the advantages? I am running SLIM 4.2 and love it. I know JB is the latest and greatest but not sure why people are set on switching from an already great ICS ROM. Just curious as to the pluses.

Try it out and make the decision yourself ;)

irfarf

Jul 14, 2012
Wow! Just as i was thinking that it would be great if there's a slim bean!
Been using slim ics and i'm lovin' it! Can't wait to flash this one

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

dank8885

Aug 6, 2010
Just wanted to point this out to you. On this page you refer to the old install method (base/essentials)
"If the flash is too quick ( < 5 seconds or so), reflash base before flashing essentials." maybe reword that to the new way so people don't get confused? Of course that is assuming they do the proper reading :)

android.activate

Mar 24, 2010
CWMR Touch v6.0.1.1 stuck

Hi,

I faced the issue where installation completed in less than 5 seconds. And now I am stuck on CWMR Touch v6.0.1.1, I cant get to execute any CM script or action. The Power button does not work on CWMR. I can do finger fling but no click action.

I am on Linux and my adb is working.. please help.

Thanks

dank8885

Aug 6, 2010
Hi,

I faced the issue where installation completed in less than 5 seconds. And now I am stuck on CWMR Touch v6.0.1.1, I cant get to execute any CM script or action. The Power button does not work on CWMR. I can do finger fling but no click action.

I am on Linux and my adb is working.. please help.

Thanks

the power button no longer works, see post 14

Edit: guess it would help if I asked if you tried hitting the home soft key instead of hitting the power button

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    Ok Guys 2.8 is out as always read the changelog carefully. GPS is working, as in it sees sats however you will need to fiddle with the location data to get it to lock. As of now the kernel provided is semaphore, however compiled from source, in this case 2.4.5. Apart from that everything should be smooth sailing. Hit the thanks button for the team and the beta testers.
    Cheers
    2.4 released, should have received an OTA message. Read changelog, how to install, hit thanks to (prbassplayer and me) donate whatever. enjoy!
    Ok fellas, 2.2 released. Please read the changelog carefully and get the download from download tab on the website. This release needed a lot of effort would be an understatement that my betas would appreciate. Anyway show support via thanks/donate. Please don't fill up the thread with known issues and minor issues.Cheers
    Slim 2.0 released. Read changelog carefully for known issues, upgrade procedure and installation instructions ( if you are new user).