[WINGRAY] 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update available from Google

Search This thread
Jul 24, 2012
Hi there and thanks if this will work for me.. I tried to flash the team EOS jb rom and gapps and I didn't find them..maybe if I change the name I could do it from recovery..thanks mate.

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

jediman

Oct 28, 2010
Sadly this thread is largely incorrect in it's methods.
The update will not flash as it's not in the cache partition.
The link to that other method really doesn't work. It's coincidence.

phuxnpro

Nov 18, 2011
When i try this i get a red triangle and ! in it... am i doing something wrong... that happens every time after i hit the up volume to go into recovery.

chiggerfruit

Oct 3, 2010
Is there any way I can get this on my 4G Xoom? I got my Xoom second hand and don't have plans to buy service for it. Other XDA'ers have told me that I should be able to use WiFi Xoom ROMs and get updates faster since I don't need 3G or 4G access. Would I be able to install this update directly (I have an OTG cable) or would I need to 'update to' a WiFi ROM or wipe, root and flash a custom recovery first and then apply the update?

Last edited:

bebeom2

Jul 26, 2012
help please

Guys please help when download from USB or SD card
Its give me error
Error in Tmp/side load/package.zip
Please help me mama well kill me:crying::crying::crying:

Taco Hoodlum

Nov 12, 2008
Columbus
Better way of updating to Jellybean

I found this online and it works. Took me 2 attempts before mine worked.

If you still don't have the update, try forcing it... Settings/Apps/ALL/Google Services Framework/Force stop/Clear data & cache/Retry update ( I had to do it 3x before it took).After you Clear Data & Force Stop you will then have to goto About Tablet>System update. You should then see a date of 1969 or 1970. Do a System Update, if you DON'T get the OTA (79MB) then try to Force again. I had to do this 3x for JB and 5x for ICS before I got the OTA (Some have had to do it 10x but it DOES WORK).

jlschweiger

Jan 21, 2012
+1

If you still don't have the update, try forcing it... Settings/Apps/ALL/Google Services Framework/Force stop/Clear data & cache/Retry update ( I had to do it 3x before it took).After you Clear Data & Force Stop you will then have to goto About Tablet>System update. You should then see a date of 1969 or 1970. Do a System Update, if you DON'T get the OTA (79MB) then try to Force again. I had to do this 3x for JB and 5x for ICS before I got the OTA (Some have had to do it 10x but it DOES WORK).

I did just that finite and worked first time!

mickeyvnminnie

May 1, 2009
Irvine, CA
Took me 5 times but it worked. Thanks.

greeneink

Dec 4, 2011
central OHIO
I did a reboot after clearing the cache the fourth time and update was waiting on me after boot WELL PLAYED.

THANKS!

Last edited:

Obievil

May 12, 2011
Will installing the Google ota wipe my device? I've not rooted yet, but if it does I might as well root afterwords

henryhu

Jul 21, 2010
New York
it takes me only once! thank you

sco0ter

Jul 19, 2011
Just got it for my gedified zoom in UK.. Thanks for tips

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Better way of updating to Jellybean

Download from Google

This is for US WIFI customers only
    Rename to update.zip, place on USB stick, and flash using host cable in stock recovery.

Edit: Full flashing instructions can be found here: link