FlipDroidMod2.2 dev stopped no device links dead (mods plz delete)

Search This thread

Maryushi3

Apr 16, 2011
Szczecin
It will be actually almost impossible to make/compile/cook (or whatever) a ROM for flipout because of locked bootloader (can't flash anything without Motorola's signature - even custom recovery is only temporary). However if anyone will ever unlock the bootloader he will make the flipout my favorite smartphone. It has powerful CPU (overclockable to stable 1,2 GHz without any problems), GPU fast enough to run for example Temple Run perfectly smooth (where Galaxy Ace fails even with texture hacks) and a keyboard that feels even more comfortable than G1's (even better if you install HTC_IME mod with autocorrection). And don't forget its look and the way the keyboard flips out :) That amazing (and somewhat revolutionary) smartphone deserves a custom ROM because that crappy Eclair ROM is driving us nuts because of some reasons I won't name now 'cause I'm sleepy xD
So if someone will ever manage to unlock bootloader and make a custom ROM for Flipout I will be greatly grateful.

Billis69

Feb 22, 2011
As I have stated earlier, it may be that we don't need an unlocked bootloader in order to have a custom ROM like CM7, although it would certainly make things a lot easier.

My Milestone, Backflip and Defy all run CM7.2 and they all have locked bootloaders. Is 2nd init possible on the Flipout?

gpsito33

Jun 19, 2012
I know many are waiting for at least a froyo rom..but if it is possible..why not to get an ics one? Just wait..I LL BRING that rom no one gave us :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-B7510L using xda app-developers app

Reactions: igor45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is based off of the lg gt540 froyo
    non-booting non-flashing as of yet
    im still working on it though
    feel free to download aand try with me
    but please let me if you make any progress so i can add
    any fixes to my source data
    we cant use a custom boot .img
    but does anybody know if we can intergrate kernel modules
    without to much hassle
    btw i am using the bootstrap recovery from second post
    other potential devs should use this recovery so we can keep our work
    easy to share between us

any way heres the link
    i have uploaded to multiupload ::::
    FlipDroidMod2.2 test base .zip
    http://www.multiupload.com/A0EUCRQ200

flipdroid build folder tar.gz
    http://www.multiupload.com/DYZ42BB7V8
    i am still working on it but i have had some issues with my dev pc like corrupt os and burnt out ram rebuilt it a week ago but i am still rebuilding my dev software set
    Links files and whatnot

this device will never see ice cream sandwich
    i have stopped dev because i no longer own this phone
    i just got the galaxy nexus from my fiance for my birthday and decided it would be fun to blow up the flipout
    with sum fireworks if you want a newer rom you can take over this one all my files are in the op

change the development state in the title if you're not gonna work on it.
    I think I have a stock Central Europe(shipped w/o blur) ROM extracted, including the boot image, recovery image, and all the /system contents. The bad news is that the boot and recovery have to be signed images, so i guess before anyone cracks the bootloader we won't be messing with boot(and the kernel).