FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 266

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

As most of you know Lenovo released the official ICS build for the Ideapad K1 today. The new bootloader will not allow me to boot into recovery partition, so no custom recovery for now. Unfortunately the build released by Lenovo also lacked Google Apps. I have added in the latest Google Apps package including Face Unlock. I have posted two versions of the Rom both rooted and not rooted. The non rooted is 100% stock with Google Apps. The rooted has the latest Superuser.apk and su binary and the latest busybox, and the boot.img has been modified to allow adb remount.

This will wipe your entire device. You will lose all apps and data. I am in no way responsible for your device, as always flash at your own risk.

Instructions

Extract .zip file

In windows:
Double click flash-windows.bat

In linux:
cd into extracted directory
chmod +x flash-linux.sh
sudo ./flash-linux.sh

Downloads

K1_ICS_120607_Rooted.zip
b7762c0c83535eea9e542c6737bd1470
Mirror

K1_ICS_120607_Stock.zip
68499815e3937b96e31dc49c1dd099b6
Mirror

Enjoy!
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to khanning88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khanning88 Ad-Free

27th July 2012, 04:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khanning88

Hi everyone,

As most of you know Lenovo released the official ICS build for the Ideapad K1 today. The new bootloader will not allow me to boot into recovery partition, so no custom recovery for now. Unfortunately the build released by Lenovo also lacked Google Apps. I have added in the latest Google Apps package including Face Unlock. I have posted two versions of the Rom both rooted and not rooted. The non rooted is 100% stock with Google Apps. The rooted has the latest Superuser.apk and su binary and the latest busybox, and the boot.img has been modified to allow adb remount.

This will wipe your entire device. You will lose all apps and data. I am in no way responsible for your device, as always flash at your own risk.

Instructions

Extract .zip file

In windows:
Double click flash-windows.bat

In linux:
cd into extracted directory
chmod +x flash-linux.sh
sudo ./flash-linux.sh

Downloads

K1_ICS_120607_Rooted.zip
b7762c0c83535eea9e542c6737bd1470

K1_ICS_120607_Stock.zip
68499815e3937b96e31dc49c1dd099b6

Enjoy!

awsome great job!!!!
27th July 2012, 04:55 AM |#3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Awesome work!! CM9/10 in the near future after kernel source? I volunteer to test if you need testers.
27th July 2012, 05:09 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
i was about to install this an i realized i left my data cable at work. i guess i get to sleep tonight after all
27th July 2012, 05:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
I know this is probably a dumb question but do I need the apx drivers installed? I'm having problems getting them installed with the official lenovo package ones... Maybe someone could link me to a different place to find them...

(R)EVOLTE
27th July 2012, 06:18 AM |#6  

More
thank you so much khanning88 for this and all your hard work! lenovo should hire you and make you their senior dev.. awesome job! thanks again! =)
27th July 2012, 06:33 AM |#7  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Great job man. Just installed. Looks fantastic!

Sent from my K1 using Tapatalk 2
27th July 2012, 06:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Angry
First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to khanning88 for getting things done at this high speed.

However,I have issues on the Play Store. As a number of apps including Google Maps and Chrome cannot be downloaded directly via Play Store, which it said "Your device isn't compatible with this edition". So I have to grab them unofficially. Can we pretend the device to be a Xoom for maximum app compatibility, just like what you did in the rooted HC rom? Or is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance.
27th July 2012, 08:28 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 268

More
I respect your work.great share!
27th July 2012, 09:18 AM |#10  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 3,164

More
Thanks man ... downloaded both versions. Will flash mine with rooted version and my friend's device using unrooted version.
27th July 2012, 12:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Recovery?
Awesome work - flashed root version - worked flawlessly.

Now, how can we reinstall CWM recovery - it seems to have disappeared? Installing the special recovery apk and opening does not reboot into recovery. Does anyone know if flashing ICS removed the recovery partition?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)