Better case for the sk4g

Search This thread

xmeatizmurderx

Jan 23, 2009
minneapolis
hard to find a good one...

I haven't found one either, ordered one online but it makes the phone look chunky and it hits the keys when I open/close the screen part (it was cheap)
I suggest using the "skinz" stuff people sell for phones. It's made out of 3m control tac which is actually really durable. I work with the stuff so I put some on my battery cover and it works great, not too slippery and protects from scratches, I've seen a few people selling on amazon for the sk4g that's how I got the idea.

shiznt

Jan 25, 2009
Melbourne,VIC
If you want to protect your phone without using a bulky cover or one that doesn't fit your phone quite right than I highly recommend Phantom Skinz.

I have had one on my T-Mobile G2 for 6 months, fitted it myself and haven't had any issues with it and it looks great. I'm currently looking at getting my partner a T-Mobile Sidekick 4G from the US as shes had it with her Samsung Galaxy S and will more than likely buy her a Phantom Skin at the same time.

http://phantomskinz.com/samsungsidekick4gchromatics.aspx

Also I'm fairly sure it comes with a couple of free really nice screen protectors.

SinOnSkin

Jun 2, 2011
Im waiting for otterbox to come up with a solution. I wasnt pleased with the answer when I asked the invisible shield kiosk if they carried a screen for the SK4 either.. they said they dont have it yet and they cant just 'cut a bigger one down' because it voids the warranty.. I may still cut one down from the spare one I had from my galaxyS

The Pope of Dope

Oct 16, 2010
I WANT A ****ING GUCCI CASE!

OR AT LEAST LOUIS VIUITTON!

but I guess I'll settle for YSL. IF IT EVER ****ING COMES OUT!

tweeklulz

Jun 7, 2011
I don't use a case for mine.. it's already bulky as it is. I do recommend using a screen protector - the one t-mobile sells works perfectly fine, except that at the top where the LEDs are there is an unremovable bubble. It was 15 dollars for two protectors - a little expensive but compared to how much the phone costs it's well worth it. I guess you can buy some online but I didn't want to wait

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
i got two hard shell cases on ebay, one for my wife and one for myself. we both have the sk4g. i paid 3.95 for one and 4.95 for the other. cant remember which cost what, but mine is black and my wifes has designs, that could have something to do with the price difference. they do scrape the keys when opening/closing the screen, but for what i paid, not complaining. phone still fits in my pouch with the shell, so it works for me. i dont have a link, but the seller was ZyDistro. fast shipping, too. ordered on wednesday, shipped thursday, got here saturday from california.

ncmacasl

May 23, 2011
Wilson, NC
I just bought 2 cases this weekend via Amazon. Several styles are only $1!!! I got Body Glove for me and Pink rubberized case for my wife.

theUsualSuspexx

Just keep rockin the butterflys yo lol i been using the same black rubber gel type case tbey had at the tmo store when i bought this junk phone.its ok, got a lil loose after a year. just ordered what appears to be the same type off amazon but in blue and white. Thinking about that plastic case work the part that goes over the screen and just using that part with the gel case.but I'm with the comment above, anyone use that bodyglove with the kick stand? I got something similar for one of my s2 kick is nice but the case sucks.no protection and actually has killed the edges of my s2.and its fugly to boot

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

GateCityRadio

Feb 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Check out ebay, they have a bunch in different styles and colors. I bought a few different kinds before I found one I liked. They are as cheap and a few dollars.

agentg1001

Apr 5, 2009
Midlothian, VA
www.facebook.com
the case that covers the backside and around the phone is impossible to remove without this tool XP, so instead of using this piece, I see the belt clip case, but keep the one on the screen
6c040aed-fa62-3182.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2