FORUMS

[APP][2.2+][05 Oct. - V2.4] BetterBatteryStats

4,968 posts
Thanks Meter: 19,252
 
By chamonix, Recognized Contributor on 21st July 2011, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2012, 08:41 PM |#7051  
chamonix's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 19,252
 
10101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownartist

Here is my dumpfile:

Since 9 h 29 m 59 s
Deep Sleep (): 7 h 7 m 39 s (25659 s) Ratio: 75,0%
Awake (): 2 h 22 m 19 s (8539 s) Ratio: 25,0%
Screen On (): 1 h 13 m 58 s (4438 s) Ratio: 13,0%
Phone On (): 11 m 7 s (667 s) Ratio: 2,0%
AudioOut_1 (1013): 20 m 19 s (1219 s) Count:39 3,6%

com.tencent.mm (): Wakeups: 239

Besides the fact that your dumpfile is incomplete here's the deal:
2 hours 22 - 1 hour 14 - 11 m - 20 m = 37 minutes awake in 10 hours, I have seen worse.

Nevertheless com.tencent.mm is waking up your phone every 3 minutes in average
The Following User Says Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chamonix Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 08:43 PM |#7052  
chamonix's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 19,252
 
10101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwelsh09

Thanks for this!




Is this Kernel Wakelock issue(you have to plug/unplug to get values), a bug that will be squashed or a feature we have to live with?

Plug/unplug after a boot is a must. It has always been, at least if you wanted to get consistent readings. As an alternative there will be "since boot" for people needing it.
In next version no dumps will get created as long as the refs are not complete and there will be no more readings while plugged
The Following User Says Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chamonix Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 08:45 PM |#7053  
rwelsh09's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calgary, AB
Thanks Meter: 11
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix

Plug/unplug after a boot is a must. It has always been, at least if you wanted to get consistent readings. As an alternative there will be "since boot" for people needing it.
In next version no dumps will get created as long as the refs are not complete and there will be no more readings while plugged

Sounds good, thanks!
27th July 2012, 08:47 PM |#7054  
chamonix's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 19,252
 
10101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Boutiette

In the /proc/ folder there is no such thing as a /net/ folder. There is a net-file though. Although it's size is 0.00B and I cannot copy it with root browser lite so I wont know how to get it off my phone and upload it.

Edit:
I've added screen shots of my /proc/ folder so you can see what's there.

You should ask your favorite kernel dealer if that is on purpose. If the kernel does not deliver that info then there is no way to analyse it
The Following User Says Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chamonix Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 08:51 PM |#7055  
Junior Member
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix

Besides the fact that your dumpfile is incomplete here's the deal:
2 hours 22 - 1 hour 14 - 11 m - 20 m = 37 minutes awake in 10 hours, I have seen worse.

Nevertheless com.tencent.mm is waking up your phone every 3 minutes in average

i will upload a more detailed dump file soon
27th July 2012, 09:30 PM |#7056  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai

Hey there,

Wlan, Locations Settings, Facebook and Maps, but its not too bad!

Try to clean your wifi (search in this thread).

Try to reduce your general sync activity.
Freeze all autostarts from Maps.
replace FB with Friendcaster or decrease the update rate.

Good luck!

Thank you for the help and feedback. I am noticing as well overnight when my phone is plugged in, it is spending almost the entire time in 384mhz state, so something seems to be keeping it from sleeping while charging.
27th July 2012, 09:44 PM |#7057  
Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai

Sure i will, later tonight.

L2_hsic stands for layer 2 which is a component of your network stack (osi model) check on wiki which network tasks are handled by the second layer.

My guess, it's icmp or broadcast, if so, try to reduce your network noise somehow (static ip's for all devices, beacon interval settings on your router)

But it was discussed several times in this thread too!

Good luck

Tapatalked from my Samsung GT9100

Following your advice, Karpfenhai, I really looked up for some more details about level 2 in OSI model networks.

At some time, however I came across several sources that refer to HSIC as something like an enhanced USB protocol. Here's one quotation:

"In 2007, the USB standard was expanded to allow product developers to use USB as a high speed chip-to-chip interface. This method of short range (under 10 cm) interchip connectivity leverages the existing USB infrastructure to reduce development time and cost. HSIC USB minimizes cost and saves power with a simple two wire interface.

It operates at low-voltage CMOS levels, replacing the traditional USB PHY."

and

"  Low-power digital HSIC interface offers a replacement for onboard host and device connection for analog USB bus cable"

So I was wondering could the l2_hsic wakelock be connected with imternal data transfers rather than wireless data. Any ideas?

Sent from my CleaNote V3.1 powered, GL Notecore v8 Std kerneled GT-N7000
27th July 2012, 10:01 PM |#7058  
Karpfenhai's Avatar
Senior Member
Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 2,795
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloeight

Thank you for the help and feedback. I am noticing as well overnight when my phone is plugged in, it is spending almost the entire time in 384mhz state, so something seems to be keeping it from sleeping while charging.

wait, that's quite normal, phones do never enter deep sleep while charging!

So don't worry about that mate.

Tapatalked from my Samsung GT9100
27th July 2012, 10:07 PM |#7059  
Karpfenhai's Avatar
Senior Member
Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 2,795
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboev

Following your advice, Karpfenhai, I really looked up for some more details about level 2 in OSI model networks.

At some time, however I came across several sources that refer to HSIC as something like an enhanced USB protocol. Here's one quotation:

"In 2007, the USB standard was expanded to allow product developers to use USB as a high speed chip-to-chip interface. This method of short range (under 10 cm) interchip connectivity leverages the existing USB infrastructure to reduce development time and cost. HSIC USB minimizes cost and saves power with a simple two wire interface.

It operates at low-voltage CMOS levels, replacing the traditional USB PHY."

and

"  Low-power digital HSIC interface offers a replacement for onboard host and device connection for analog USB bus cable"

So I was wondering could the l2_hsic wakelock be connected with imternal data transfers rather than wireless data. Any ideas?

Sent from my CleaNote V3.1 powered, GL Notecore v8 Std kerneled GT-N7000

I've read this too, but if you search on google you will find lots of users who solved the issue by deleting a certain app, Droid sheep and dolphin are good examples.

Let's do the following, disable wifi, wait 20 sec and pull up bbs, normally the wakelock should disappear. (moved to deleted wl)

I have this wl too and i did not use USB since days.

Please confirm.

Tapatalked from my Samsung GT9100
27th July 2012, 10:30 PM |#7060  
Karpfenhai's Avatar
Senior Member
Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 2,795
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix

You you mind writing all that together (location settings, autostart settings) in one post. I'd like to add that to the FAQ

I hope i don't forget a thing

-------- -------- -------- -------- --------

Silencing maps (preventing non user caused wakelocks)

1. Sign out and /or freeze latitude.
2. Disable all location based services:



3. Deny all maps related autostarts using a certain app like Gemini app manager or autostarts from playstore:





That's it!

Additional information:

-manual startup of maps will work anyhow, don't worry,
-navigation still works
-toggling gps on will show your current position on the map.

If you do it right, your alarm after almost 2 days can look like this:



As you can see, maps does not exist!

Hint: preventing all autostarts from maps should be enough, you probably don't need to get rid of the other stuff, try to start from point 3 in the beginning.
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------

Okay with this Sven?

Tapatalked from my Samsung GT9100
The Following 167 Users Say Thank You to Karpfenhai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Karpfenhai Ad-Free
27th July 2012, 10:52 PM |#7061  
chamonix's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Berlin
Thanks Meter: 19,252
 
10101010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai

I hope i don't forget a thing

-------- -------- -------- -------- --------

Silencing maps (preventing non user caused wakelocks)

1. Sign out and /or freeze latitude.
2. Disable all location based services:

3. Deny all maps related autostarts using a certain app like Gemini app manager or autostarts from playstore:
That's it!

Additional information:

-manual startup of maps will work anyhow, don't worry,
-navigation still works
-toggling gps on will show your current position on the map.

If you do it right, your alarm after almost 2 days can look like this:

As you can see, maps does not exist!

Hint: preventing all autostarts from maps should be enough, you probably don't need to get rid of the other stuff, try to start from point 3 in the beginning.
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------

Okay with this Sven?

Tapatalked from my Samsung GT9100

Perfect, thanks. Starting from this I'd like to try forbidding Maps to do stuff that makes it go crazy without having to disable location services...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chamonix Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alarms, android, battery drain, battery monitor, battery stats, bbs, betterbatterystats, failed, wakelock, wakeup

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes