CyanogenMod 10 JB Discussion/User Thread

Search This thread

meethere

Jan 8, 2012
So people are posting all the non-dev stuffs on the original development thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796217

Lets better discuss issues other than development here.
Keep that thread clean :good:
Post all JB related stuffs here. :highfive:

** Official nightlies are out

1) Latest version , preview 5 now available ; check thread for download.

2) A more detailed installation guide to flash JB with a video guide too

3) Hybrid Paranoidandroid ROM based on CM10 JB preview #4 - go here

4) All JB latest kernel's can be found here

5) What's great in Jelly bean ?

6) CM 10 on Galaxy Note video preview

7) CM 10 , unofficial latest nightlies by Utacka and mnm1992

8) And more custom JB ROMs available including AOKP, so just look around and post your fav ;)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2012
I'm really enjoying CyanogenMod 10, although I'm really missing having some of the tablet mode apps from ParanoidAndroid! That said, Google Now is incredible and I haven't encountered many glitches aside from rotation being reversed and LED Torch not being able to be a toggle.

I'm really enjoying CyanogenMod 10, although I'm really missing having some of the tablet mode apps from ParanoidAndroid! That said, Google Now is incredible and I haven't encountered many glitches aside from rotation being reversed and LED Torch not being able to be a toggle.

1+ Paranoid has a jelly bean hybrid release but it's still in the early stages of development

Jul 10, 2012
You are not an official person from cyanogen team and they won't provide feedback from this post...

Wait until they consider opening a thread

its called ETIQUETTE the devs do this in their spare time and the only real payment they get is the gratitude of their loyal fanbase

Hmm...I might be wrong, but I thought that this was just a discussion thread. If the devs want to toss their hats into the ring here, that's their choice, but I didn't think that the goal of this thread was to force their hand or make them respond to our issues; I thought it was just to chit-chat about CM10 so that we don't clog up the development thread. Just my two cents.

Is it faster than CM9?

From my experience, sometimes yes and sometimes no. A really polished CM9 will speed right past this, but Jelly Bean can really shine here and there, and as the devs complete the ROM I'm sure Project Butter will make it super, super speedy.

Ueihtam

Jan 26, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Hmm...I might be wrong, but I thought that this was just a discussion thread. If the devs want to toss their hats into the ring here, that's their choice, but I didn't think that the goal of this thread was to force their hand or make them respond to our issues; I thought it was just to chit-chat about CM10 so that we don't clog up the development thread. Just my two cents.

Yup, but sounds that some guys just dont get it. ;)

pboesboes

Mar 25, 2012
From my experience, sometimes yes and sometimes no. A really polished CM9 will speed right past this, but Jelly Bean can really shine here and there, and as the devs complete the ROM I'm sure Project Butter will make it super, super speedy.
The smoothness does seem inconsistent (maybe because of the RAM issues) but it always feels more responsive to touch input IMO. When scrolling for example, it'll stick closer to your finger. And the recents panel comes up nearly instantly. When GPS is fixed, I think it could be a daily driver for me. Google Now is pretty sweet too!

Jul 10, 2012
The smoothness does seem inconsistent (maybe because of the RAM issues) but it always feels more responsive to touch input IMO. When scrolling for example, it'll stick closer to your finger. And the recents panel comes up nearly instantly.

Yeah, the RAM issues need work, but I get what you mean by touch responsiveness. I had noticed it felt a little bit different...

When GPS is fixed, I think it could be a daily driver for me.

I'm using it as a daily driver already and it is oh-so-sweet. I can live without GPS for a bit.

mauaus

Oct 22, 2010
Are you guys enabling"Allow purging of assets"?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
It would be nice if the title of the CM10 Preview thread was dated/changed when a new preview build is available.
I'm sure there are several people who tried the ROM found it missing something they needed, and would like to check back in when the new preview is available.

Yes, I know, you can get in, and read the first post. But it would be nice to quickly see, in the subscribed topics, if you need to visit the thread or not.

- Frank

Livebyte

Jul 14, 2012
Does anyone have the issue of RILJ hogging up cause my phone not being able to deep sleep? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

nerobot

Jan 7, 2011
Has anyone else had problems with palm rejection? Doesn't seem to work for me (preview 2). Read through the main thread and could not find anything.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

ipguy

May 8, 2007
If I had done a nandroid before flashing cm10 can I just restore from that back to my previous cm9 nightly ?

androiadicted

Jul 29, 2012
Reactions: ipguy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, I think I finally made the breakthrough we needed with graphics.

I'll do a test build sometime in the next couple of days, MAYBE tonight... But I'm seriously fried so it could be a few days.

Anyone who needs Bluetooth or wifi tethering - you've got a while to wait for 4.2.
    most of the patches in these builds are kernel related, hence trying hydra with these builds wont work well.
    the kernel which comes with these builds are amazing and smooth. Entropy's build is freakin smooth!
    "won't work well" is an understatement. "won't boot at all" is more like it. Mali r3p0 blobs require an r3p0 kernel

Yup entropy's built is just a bit smoother.not sure if its more battery consuming.
    I'm 90% positive at this point hydra was sacrificing battery for performance... Only way it was smooth prior to the mali transition was if you threw lots of CPU at it. Now it offloads more to the GPU.

Attached are both blob and opensource hwcomposers. Please compare, looking at both performance and whether the OS one fixes/adds any graphical glitches.

Blob hwcomposer will work with any build (but makes zero difference if flashed on a nightly, nightlies use the same file)
    Opensource will ONLY work with "new Mali" test builds like my test build and StNick's for N7000, mine for I777, and espenfjo's for I9100.

These should work with any "new Mali" builds for Exynos 4210 devices.

This file is really the only difference between my build and StNick's, other than:
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/23993/ (Yeah, forgot to mention it has some test fixes for the rare RILJ wakelocks sometimes encountered)

Edit: More test candidates including "no hwcomposer" at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32212994&postcount=818

Some good news, a lot of that work was done on an N7000. :)

But there's a ****-ton still broken. IMO it doesn't seem to be as consistently smooth as 4.1 was (and we all know that wasn't exactly in the best shape...), video playback is broken, and most likely, for it to have any hope of working will require using broken mali blobs that have all sorts of weird artifacts.

Probably won't be much more news in the next few days, we're all fried now and I think we're all doing non-CM things for a few days. :)
    So people are posting all the non-dev stuffs on the original development thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796217

Lets better discuss issues other than development here.
    Keep that thread clean :good:
    Post all JB related stuffs here. :highfive:

** Official nightlies are out

1) Latest version , preview 5 now available ; check thread for download.

2) A more detailed installation guide to flash JB with a video guide too

3) Hybrid Paranoidandroid ROM based on CM10 JB preview #4 - go here

4) All JB latest kernel's can be found here

5) What's great in Jelly bean ?

6) CM 10 on Galaxy Note video preview

7) CM 10 , unofficial latest nightlies by Utacka and mnm1992

8) And more custom JB ROMs available including AOKP, so just look around and post your fav ;)
    The preview 3 had been released on 3rd aug, and it's been so many days since then, also there have been bug fixes and other improvements.

So a question - are we going to see the preview 4 or are we going straight to nightly builds now. Thanks for the jb rom cyanogen mod team

I'll release a new preview tomorrow. I was expecting nightlies sooner, but seems like there's some more time.