FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

*DISCONTINUED* [ROM][CM10][4.1.1]AOKP JB Preview build JUL23 /\ new AUG03 test build.

4,186 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,231

By JamieD81, Senior Member on 24th July 2012, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2012, 09:06 PM |#441  
Flag Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efcgenius

Thanks for that, not very helpful but thanks anyway

:thumbdown:
For the not very helpful part.

But if that one didn't help, not sure if this one will either. But here you go.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1483113
Note...where BIGGER is better!

29th July 2012, 09:20 PM |#442  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efcgenius

As for twrp, you flash it in recovery. If you're in cwm just flash it like any other zip and reboot back into recovery will see it now booting twrp

Hi Thanks for your help

Do I need to root first?

Having difficulty booting to recovery am pressing the relevant buttons but it just boots to ICS

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hi

I dont have BACKUP as an option in my RECOVERY menu??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

^I don't think this guys is rooted.....

I've read your 2 threads in the Q&A section, have you rooted your phone? Do you have a oblong button at the bottom of the screen?
29th July 2012, 10:14 PM |#443  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 13

More
There's not necessarily any reason to switch to TWRP unless you like it. The latest non-touch CWM (5.8.4.8) will work fine.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I have two complete setups configured the way I want and backed up in CWM... one running FJ's UCLF6 ICS and the other running this AOKP release (july 28). Switching between them is just a matter of restoring a backup.

I can't wait until hardware acceleration is fully working on CM10/AOKP. As it is right now, the ICS rom I'm using is smoother.
29th July 2012, 10:42 PM |#444  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Cool
tested this ROM and other than bugs to be expected, its do-able, personally speaking. my only CONS are that the external_sd is unreadable and the build.prop gets non-functional after one change of the dpi so the next time I rebooted, the app itself wouldn't load all the way...those are my main important concerns, but other than those, there might be something else i'm missing, but seriously its ok. i know its in beta (very aware of that), but i figured these are essential things to point out. it was a nice test nonetheless...
29th July 2012, 10:43 PM |#445  
Flag Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6,285

Donate to Me
More
or he downloaded/installed the wrong kernel, or he has a setting messed up, or, he just doesnt know that much about flashing roms...

this rom is anything but "laggy"...
The fact that he posts in BOLD FONTS, IN RED, tells you something..
29th July 2012, 11:02 PM |#446  
Flag Seven Mile Beach
Thanks Meter: 146

More
I don't want to add to the fire but to just help the comments, @Mohammed why not try a different launcher. I am running apex, some others use nova.

I for one can tell u I was on cm9 it was smooth, this is just as smooth if not smoother. I don't know what lags you're seeing that you can say is 1/6th of cm9. The rest of us dont. And its not even that anyone is not commenting. Its running great to me.

Last time I checked I didn't pay to join xda and am greatful to this forum and the guys like JamieD, H0tw1r3 and Cyanogen who helped develop this so I can have this on my Note.
Peace

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
29th July 2012, 11:06 PM |#447  

More
Thanks to the mods. You keep us in line.

29th July 2012, 11:08 PM |#448  
ET Admin
Flag Cheltenham
Thanks Meter: 6,806

More
Thread Cleaned

I have cleaned the last few pages of this thread, tbh i am disgusted by some of the post i have read, they are just childish moans. Its is clear this is a beta preview build, so its not going to be perfect. No one has been forced to use it, so dont like it, dont bitch about it, use something else! Just appreciated the developers efforts, they put a lot of effort into there work for everyone's benefit and dont need any aggravation in return.

Also dont type in large red bold text, this really annoys me, there is no need unless you are a MOD posting a notice or a OP who wants to make something clear. Otherwise its like a spoiled child throwing there toys out of the pram because they dont get enough attention.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to O_G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift O_G Ad-Free
29th July 2012, 11:14 PM |#449  

More
Thank you. Exactly what I was trying to say, except I have a rock hammer and you have a sledge(ban) hammer.

30th July 2012, 12:21 AM |#450  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
IT Manager perspective
I am a geek and in the last few years my work has my highest priority. Therefore I don't get to "play" as much as I used to. I have been tweaking my phones for over 10 years. I want to thank you ALL involved with the Jelly Bean project, everyone involved. I wanted to say this: I bought a Note back in March. And yes I miss my iPhone 4 up until today. Jelly Bean is FINALLY something I truly enjoy. And because it's in the early stages of dev work, I can only imagine what's coming next. So for someone like me who needs something reliable because I end up using that tool to make money at the end of the day, you guys are FOR SURE on the right path. I guess my patience and tolerance for half baked products have been really low. Jelly Bean is truly a breath of fresh air.

Dudes, what's with the performance improvement compared to ICS??!?!? Just awesome!!!!!!!
30th July 2012, 12:34 AM |#451  
Thanks Meter: 492

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

or he downloaded/installed the wrong kernel, or he has a setting messed up, or, he just doesnt know that much about flashing roms...

this rom is anything but "laggy"...
The fact that he posts in BOLD FONTS, IN RED, tells you something..

No lag here....+1

Sent from the mighty G-Note....if u not the best... than u like the damn rest!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)