Cases for tablet & keyboard

Search This thread

rrtzrealmd

Jul 19, 2012
Anyone try out this Case?

I've ordered the keyboard and have been looking for a case. This one looks pretty good but before ordering I'd like to see if any alternatives exist and if anyone has any feedback?

That appears to be the same as Amazon's "Poetic-Transformer-Infinity-Keyboard-Portfolio" -- I'd post a link but I'm not allowed to since I haven't got ten posts yet (the logic behind that escapes me).

The poetic is cheaper at $14.95 and free shipping. I've ordered one but it won't get here until tomorrow. I also purchased on ebay:

360-Rotation-Leather-Case-Cover-for-ASUS-Transformer-Pad-Infinity-TF700T-10-1-/271011459951?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item3f198ab36f

Which closely resemble's Amazon's "MoKo-Detachable-Transformer-Horizontal---Lifetime," but I think the ebay one looks better and is cheaper as well. I haven't received it yet either -- it appears to be coming directly from China with free shipping but won't arrive for another week. I'll try and update this as soon as they arrive.

fella1

Sep 27, 2009
I have a case that is basically identical to that one that I got for my Prime. It is a nice case but it adds a lot of bulk to the tablet & keyboard combo. I just got a different case from Amazon that is much better: the "Poetic(TM) 2in1 Ultra Light Leather Case for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1-Inch Android Tablet"

This case adds much less bulk. The other case has a third flap on it that is really unnecessary.

ethion

Jul 19, 2010
I have a case that is basically identical to that one that I got for my Prime. It is a nice case but it adds a lot of bulk to the tablet & keyboard combo. I just got a different case from Amazon that is much better: the "Poetic(TM) 2in1 Ultra Light Leather Case for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 10.1-Inch Android Tablet"

This case adds much less bulk. The other case has a third flap on it that is really unnecessary.

The thing I'm looking for is to have both a tablet and keyboard case that can be together or separated. So sometimes I want to take both the tablet and keyboard and want something that works nicely. Other times I want to take just the tablet and don't want to bring the keyboard. So I want the case to shrink to be tablet only and allow me to attach or detach the keyboard.

ethion

Jul 19, 2010
The Poetic-Transformer-Infinity-Keyboard-Portfolio was a little cheaper and I figured for $15 how wrong can I go. Thanks I ordered it!

DocRawk

May 14, 2008
Anyone know of a real leather case for the combo besides the noreve? I'd like one with the pockets inside like the poetic cases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
i ordered the case posted by the OP. i should have it monday.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Bond@007

Dec 23, 2010
Libramont

http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Transformer-Pad-Infinity-Portfolio/dp/B008H7Y1N0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_7

I've ordered the keyboard and have been looking for a case. This one looks pretty good but before ordering I'd like to see if any alternatives exist and if anyone has any feedback?

I've this one since a few days and it's very great !!!
For the cost, very good quality. You can separate easely the keyboard and the the TF700.
Look is beautifull (like a filofax), very good prize !!!
For me it's a must have for TF700 user with dock.
Camera front and back, power, micro sd, sd are good.
One only a little thing is "bad", there are (en francais 2 élastiques) for to keep the keyboard in place (not very beautifull, this point give a look cheaper only for this part). The access for the usb port is a little hard and it's the same for the power supply (on the keyboard).
A last thing, when you open the case, the connect since the TF700 and the keyboard is sometimes lost ... You must to press a little the keyboard and it's okay.
For all the rest, it's very a good case :)

P.S. : sorry for my english ...:silly:

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas

http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Transformer-Pad-Infinity-Portfolio/dp/B008H7Y1N0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_7

I bought that case, but I must say, the quality is pretty cheap. I'm not really sure what I should expect, but it does do it's job of protecting the tablet's exterior so I'll give it that much. The material used however, is fairly cheap/low quality to the touch.

Bond@007

Dec 23, 2010
Libramont
I'm not okay at all with you ... It's a good value for money !
For this prize, it's not possible to have real leather.
There are other cases with best quality of material but very more expensive ...;)

ethion

Jul 19, 2010
I received the poetic case. Overall I like it. It feels good and splits easily so you can detach the keyboard and carry it as a portfolio.

Negatives are in portfolio mode the flap is loose since it has extra slack to close around the keyboard. I don't think this is a big issue. The one thing I really don't like is that it doesn't have any stand mode. So if you want to stand it up to watch a movie or just look at email you will need to prop it up with the flap but it isn't designed for this and isn't stable.

Overall I am not satisfied with this cover. I am still shopping.

Smrkulja

Jan 15, 2011
Does anyone have original Asus VersaSleeve??
How are you satisfied?

asus.com/Peripherals_Accessories/Eee_Pad_Accessories/VersaSleeve

Mykew

Jan 29, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I've had the poetic case (looks the same) for over a week now. I'm still looking. the case looks nice. While it adds quite a lot of bulk, I am mostly using the tablet for work, and it looks pretty professional. Alot of people are concerned about the bindings for the cases, but they seem ok to me (except you have to take off the dock strap to charge). However, I have found that with the dock and tablet cases on I have some difficulty joining and disconnecting the dock and tablet. Sometimes I have to struggle so much I'm a bit worried about breaking it. It takes a fair bit of time (well a couple of minutes anyway), which does not suit me if I need to whip off the tablet quickly to show something to someone or change orientation of the tab if needs be.

I've now just taken the dock cover off because it gets covered by the tablet folio, and seems to dock a bit easier.

Am now looking for a tablet and dock cover that doesn't impede docking, and can cover the screen of the tablet ok without the dock in it. Not in a hurry though cause the Poetic is still pretty ok for the price.

Edit: Don't recommend this case. Very tight to dock the keboard and have scratched the edge of the tablet and ruined 1 screen protector getting it on. Need something with thin leather padding on the dock edge of the tablet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've this one since a few days and it's very great !!!
    For the cost, very good quality. You can separate easely the keyboard and the the TF700.
    Look is beautifull (like a filofax), very good prize !!!
    For me it's a must have for TF700 user with dock.
    Camera front and back, power, micro sd, sd are good.
    One only a little thing is "bad", there are (en francais 2 élastiques) for to keep the keyboard in place (not very beautifull, this point give a look cheaper only for this part). The access for the usb port is a little hard and it's the same for the power supply (on the keyboard).
    A last thing, when you open the case, the connect since the TF700 and the keyboard is sometimes lost ... You must to press a little the keyboard and it's okay.
    For all the rest, it's very a good case :)

P.S. : sorry for my english ...:silly:

Everything is accessible on mine. When I want to use the rear camera, just have to make sure that the tablet half of the case is in the proper position, but no problems.

This case is more like carbon fiber and slightly padded. Really nice in hand and opened/closed.

I went ahead and got this case. I got it on Monday and have been walking around with it all week. So far, I give it a "meh" rating. First thing I noticed was that the label on the packaging was covering up a previous label. Having read a review on their website I wanted to confirm what I was afraid of.....this was originally designed for the TF201 and has been repackaged for the TF700. The original label indicates it's for the TF201. The placement of the openings seem to reflect that. Specifically, the volume control opening. While the opening for the volume rocker on the TF700 is mostly accessible, half of the rocker is covered by the case. It's functional, but obviously not designed for the TF700.

The case seems to fit rather loosely, so the tablet tends to slide around a bit inside the case. Nothing major, but as a result it tends to skew the front facing camera openings and slide them up blocking the camera. You can easily push the case back down but if you adjust the angle of the tablet at all it'll slide out of position again. Again, functional, just a little obnoxious.

It's certainly not a bad case, probably one of the better ones out there for both tablet and keyboard dock. It's solid, well built, and will likely protect the device very well. However, if you're looking for something that fits perfectly and was obviously designed for the TF700 specifically, you'll likely be a bit disappointed with this one.
    I just received my Noreve case, and as usual, it is a perfection :p

NoreveTF70_1.png

NoreveTF70_2.png