75 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Evo-3D, Member on 20th July 2012, 03:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2012, 04:16 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Well guys, I may have spoken too soon. Seems that the 3500 that I bought just went dead...for good. Won't take a charge. Charging light just blinks red, and phone will not power on. Works fine with my old 1700mAh batter. And this is less than 14 days of use.

31st July 2012, 09:45 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Battery Full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo-3D

Well guys, I may have spoken too soon. Seems that the 3500 that I bought just went dead...for good. Won't take a charge. Charging light just blinks red, and phone will not power on. Works fine with my old 1700mAh batter. And this is less than 14 days of use.

if its blinking i believe that means its super discharged and requires to be hooked up to the charger until it stops blinking. try leaving it on the charger for a few hours, see if it comes back.

i was about to buy one of theses...
31st July 2012, 04:41 PM |#13  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceosc

if its blinking i believe that means its super discharged and requires to be hooked up to the charger until it stops blinking. try leaving it on the charger for a few hours, see if it comes back.

i was about to buy one of theses...

Gonna need more info to this, as I have never heard of a battery being super discharged. Already contacted the seller. $2 for s/h and I get another batt, and don't have to send back the old one.
1st August 2012, 05:14 AM |#14  
Account currently disabled

More
I'd recommend this one, Yoobao 3500mah Extended Battery, the quality of Mugen and Sedio at half the price. Dont be fooled by the CHEAP batteries that you need 2 of that may ruin your EVO 3d there is a reason why they are $9 and no warranty. http://dx-box.com/yoobao-sprint-htc-...over-door.html
1st August 2012, 11:47 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

Gonna need more info to this, as I have never heard of a battery being super discharged. Already contacted the seller. $2 for s/h and I get another batt, and don't have to send back the old one.

my bros EVO 4G stopped working (stock battery) and all it did was blink red while plugged in. we left it plugged in for a while and it wasnt coming back on....

so after looking it up we figured out that sometimes the battery dies and go way below startup charge levels. to indicated this HTC phones will blink red. so we crossed our fingers and left it plugged in for 4 hours. maybe a little less.. and it came back like nothing had happened. hasn't been a problem since..

my bro admitted he ran it down, but i suspect the phone thought he had 50 percent still when in fact it had less than 0%

make sure your using a USB AC Adapter, a computer will likely take twice as long if at all
1st August 2012, 02:31 PM |#16  
OP Member

More
Here is what I believe happened with your battery. Its voltage dropped below a preset value. As you left it in the phone and on the charge, as the charger blinked red, the battery stabilized. Think of it this way, you leave your lights on your car and you get a dead battery. If you let it sit for a bit, you may regain enough amps to start the car. Essentially same principle here.

ETA: I swapped back to my 3500mAh battery, after it sat out in the open for a couple days. It now takes a charge. Will report back on its capacity. I expect it to take 6 hours to fully recharge.
1st August 2012, 06:46 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:

Well my stock battery gave me trouble... Just needed a kick start.... It wasn't even discharged. Just wanted to pretend it was.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29154356

So you guys just walk around without w case after you get the extended battery?
I can't decide if to get an extended battery ... (it will cause problems with my car phone stand and my dock, my kick stand case will be useless...) or buy another battery? Since I rooted I can't seem to get any decent battery performance

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using xda premium
1st August 2012, 09:11 PM |#18  
OP Member

More
Here's what you do. Get an extended battery. Buy an Otter Box Defender. Take the back plate of the Defender and cut out the battery section. Wrap it with the silicone case. Now you can still use the Defender's cradel. The Otter Box Defender has a built in kickstand, not many people know of. All you do is use the belt clip and open it as wide as it will go. At that point the clip will lock open, and there you'll have a kick stand.

Just don't know if it will work with your car phone stand, but now you have a case, a kick stand, and extended battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evo-3D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Evo-3D Ad-Free
1st August 2012, 10:43 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Sounds promising. I'll be sure to check it out.
I didn't know about the belt clip either.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using xda premium
28th August 2012, 03:15 PM |#20  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:

Here's what you do. Get an extended battery. Buy an Otter Box Defender. Take the back plate of the Defender and cut out the battery section. Wrap it with the silicone case. Now you can still use the Defender's cradel. The Otter Box Defender has a built in kickstand, not many people know of. All you do is use the belt clip and open it as wide as it will go. At that point the clip will lock open, and there you'll have a kick stand.

Just don't know if it will work with your car phone stand, but now you have a case, a kick stand, and extended battery.

Can this be done with the Ballistic HC too?
27th September 2012, 05:29 AM |#21  
Snagged a laza 3450mah battery off amazon for $23. Gotta say it was money well spent. I put in in my phone, came shipped with 84% so I plugged my phone in and about a half hour later it was at 100%. I got about 19 hours out of it but that's only because I live on my phone most of the time. It also comes with a back cover that's insanely similar to the stock evo back with the ridges. The part that sticks out says "3D" in bold italics. The only downfall of it is there's no chrome around the headphone jack and the back bezel around the camera is black. I have the plum evo so it doesn't quite match, but hey, I'm not complaining. If you want a really good extended battery that gives you 15+ hours, splurge if you can and go with laza. Nuff said. :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)