OTA Update available now with Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1, next Jelly Bean & Sense 4+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

godutch

Jun 29, 2009
www.burgerforumeu.nl
Under sound there is an option called pocket mode, although it says it only increments the ringtone when in your pocket it might disable pocket mode altogether (it also shows that the lock screen is no bug but a very intentional feature called "pocket mode")

Reactions: BarryH_GEG

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
It's just sometimes that it doesn't react the same way on exact identical situations.

A topic question... when we get the possibility remove the 3 dot, we need to select this in settings... correct?

There will be three choices:

1) Short press = settings, long press = recent apps

2) Short press = recent apps, long press = settings

3) The way it is today.

dzdimov

Jun 2, 2012
Skopje
If you dont want to drag the answer icon into the ring you can simply frag the ring like when you unlock your phone and you will answer the incoming call. And now if you don't know how to use your phones feel free to read the user manual or buy a nokia 3310. Lets keep this topic of what is meant tp be used for and thats updates and not answering a phone call.

Thanks
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

sabret00the

Apr 15, 2011
London
s00techified.wordpress.com
He must have removed htc sense lockscreen using rom cleaner

Sent from my HTC One X
I use WidgetLocker and that's it. I'm unrooted too.

Well, you even consider the 3dot issue a major problem.

Maybe you should just read the manual next time. Or go for an iphone.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Check my posts, the menu bar is not a ROM/manufacturer issue for me, but rather an app issue. I am vehemently against reassigning the task manager key.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

cuzzo94

Feb 16, 2009
Bergamo
You guys are running a bunch of concepts together. Problems, optimization, usability, and bugs are very different. Bugs are actual problems with the code that prevent you from doing something, cause FC's, or cause inappropriate responses and affect the stability of the phone. Optimization affects the speed of the UI, battery life, and h/w and graphics performance. Usability is how well the phone performs a specific function. A problem is subjective and most likely falls in to one of the other three categories; at least for s/w.

.11 is relatively bug free. It can definitely be better optimized and we've seen signs that 2.X will do that. Usability is one of those things that not everyone will ever be happy with. Everyone hates the three dot menu but that's an exception. When it comes to how the phone performs a specific function HTC picks what they think will please the most people. Not everyone will agree with their choices in 1.X, 2.X, or JB. Personally, the usability feature that bothers me most is the capacitive buttons staying lit when they shouldn’t, like during video playback or when the phone’s in its dock.

well, maybie is because i'm not english, but how the way you described the word optimization is different from i used it? i was talking exactly about those problems (or call them whatever you like). slow ui, slow browsing, and in some case also slow graphics (well slow is not a good word, maybie i should say "not fully fast" in every one of these cases)

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I am vehemently against reassigning the task manager key.

Some day, when ICS and JB combined reach more than 12% of devices, app developers will get off their lazy asses and update their apps to be compliant. As it is now, apps are being tweaked to run on ICS/JB but are being re-written to be fully compliant. So some day, in the distant future, your wish will be granted. ;)

Reactions: ThauExodus

ewok666

Apr 4, 2006
I hated the the dots and got rid of them ! It will be good to have that option built in...

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
So this massive ota update that's coming soon is taking an awful long months ,does anyone know what's the delay?

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Someone must obviously already have this ROM, can we expect it to enter custom roms soon? :)

muamers

Dec 24, 2009
Someone must obviously already have this ROM, can we expect it to enter custom roms soon? :)

As far as i know Footbal has a test release and (thanks to him for that) he will share it with some devs here ... Android Revolution HD 7.3.0 will have it soon ;) (check out the changelog on ARHD thread for more information)

Reactions: stezo2k

stezo2k

Dec 7, 2010
That's amazing news. Can't wait to try it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How the Sausage is Made

Let me share with you guys what goes in to developing and testing commercial s/w. I don’t know exactly how HTC approaches it but it’s a pretty standard process.

I’d guess there are different teams that work on different components of a ROM.

Plumbing– These are the nuts and bolts that support the OS calls and include things like drivers, low-level code, and the kernel. This team also liaises with third-parties like Nvidia.

Wireless - This include the radios; cellular, BT, GPS, and Wi-Fi.

Application Layer – This includes the OS, Sense 4.0, any HTC proprietary apps, bundled third-party apps (EG: Polaris) and the integration of things like the accessories (desk dock, car dock, Media Link HD).

So to release an update, multiple teams are working on various aspects of it at the same time. Each team tests their work but can only do so much with their individual pieces. As work is completed it’s glommed together in the form of a single ROM for the first time. That’s when internal testing begins in earnest. At the same time, the now complete ROM is placed in a version control system so all the teams are working on it together rather than focusing on their individual components.

Typically there’s a team of testers pulled from various departments in the company because you can’t have 10-30 people standing by to test full time because the work ebbs and flows. The test scripts that are followed are probably the size of a phone book. As issues are identified during internal testing the person overseeing testing tries to isolate it, logs it, and reports it to the team most likely responsible for resolving it. Each time a team or member of a team identifies and resolves an issue, depending on how core the issue is to the entire ROM, testing may have to start again from the very beginning of the script. This repeats dozens of times until the ROM passes internal testing cleanly.

Once internal testing’s complete testing is opened up to a broader user audience. Most likely having HTC employees and/or Elevate members starting to use the ROM on their personal devices. They provide feedback via a problem tracking system and the developers look for commonality in the problems reported and make changes to the code accordingly. If major issues are uncovered it’s back to square one which includes another full round of internal scripted testing followed by pushing the revised ROM out to the larger user group. This repeats until the ROM is deemed “acceptable.” Since no s/w is ever perfect, “acceptable” usually means shippable.

So the six-week old 2.05 test ROM passed internal testing and was distributed to a larger user group. Something must have been discovered that caused the developers to make some major changes. So it’s somewhere in the (re)testing process right now.

Like I said, this is the way s/w development is done. HTC may have their own unique spin but it’s not going to be much different than I described. So, while we want it now, we don’t always get what we want. And I’d personally rather wait until it’s done than have to suffer through some of the issues we all faced with the original shipped ROM. I'm guessing but the actual coding of an update could take anywhere from four to twelve weeks with testing always being as long (or longer) than coding. And based on the way this process works you can pretty much take as a given that JB isn’t “right around the corner.”

And that's how the sausage is made. ;)
    For those who want to download the RUU from filefactory here you go...

Filefactory Premium Account:
    User: liveacteam09@gmail.com
    Pass: www.liveac.blogspot.com
    :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X
    S3 trolls . Do not feed
    Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall

Same here. The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.

The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27663514&postcount=1525

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.
    "Samsung has a Mobile Communications Lab in San Jose, with 90 engineers who work with Google to optimize the Android OS for Samsung phones".

90 engineers to build ugly touchwizz??:D

from the ARC