[GUIDE] I9000 Screen Replacement

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Taifuuni89, Senior Member on 4th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2012, 10:03 AM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Maybe will be very interesting for all people in this THREAD some picture step by step GUIDE how to do = I9000 Screen Replacement.

Can somebody help with this?
The Following User Says Thank You to sakalsk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sakalsk Ad-Free

25th October 2012, 11:17 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
you can replace the silver bezel?

sorry for my English
15th December 2012, 08:14 PM |#283  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
hi, i'm intrested about changing only the outer glass.

Is the glass glued entierly to the digitizer?
will i damage the digitizer if i remove the glass?
will the silicone remover spray work for the whole glass or only by the edges?

THANKS!
17th December 2012, 10:55 PM |#284  
Flag athens
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovu85

hi, i'm intrested about changing only the outer glass.

Is the glass glued entierly to the digitizer?
will i damage the digitizer if i remove the glass?
will the silicone remover spray work for the whole glass or only by the edges?

THANKS!

no you have to change both.you cannot change the outer glass alone.it has a ribbon cable that is connected onto it someway and that cable goes to the digitizer....so its virtually impossible.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

i recently changed my damaged LCD screen and outer glass with one i got sent from ebay.
i m fairly sure 99% i connected everything perfectly and made no mistake due to the fact that i ve read a few guides including this topic plus some videos on youtube and i was extra cautious about it.i used the correct tools and everything.
my problem is that since i replaced the digitizer and LCD, i now boot the phone and the screen does not show anything. only the buttons are lit for a sec or two everytime i press them which is normal.

how on earth can i try checking the digitizer and LCD screen if it is actually ok and i wasnt tricked or sent a damaged one from the guy on ebay?
is there a way?maybe with the use of a voltmeter or something?
any help appreciated!
thanks!
19th March 2013, 01:52 PM |#285  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Broke mine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallaxya

i had a similar unfortunate event ... my screen cracked when i hit the phone to the metallic frame of a chair (it slipped out of my hand )...
it cracked exactly like you people said... near the home button.
i ordered the display + digitizer and i anxiously await its arrival to see if i can replace the damaged one.
it is quite tricky to dissassemble the display part but hope to succed...
keep you posted with the outcome
respect

It's NOT the same glue as in the S3, S1 and S2 can't have glass only changed. Check Le55ons on youtube... If you are going to try it make sure the glass is smached up GOOD, as in many TINY pieces. The first half went fine for me, but when I got to the larger glass parts I cracked the touch layer. Bummer(!). Newt time I'll try to smash some more of the screen with a big nail or something. Could work.
On S3 I completely removed a FULL glass and put it on a different screen. It's ok since its a different adhesive much softer, like a gel.

Good luck!!
21st April 2013, 11:49 AM |#286  
Flag -
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehrmann

It's NOT the same glue as in the S3, S1 and S2 can't have glass only changed. Check Le55ons on youtube... If you are going to try it make sure the glass is smached up GOOD, as in many TINY pieces. The first half went fine for me, but when I got to the larger glass parts I cracked the touch layer. Bummer(!). Newt time I'll try to smash some more of the screen with a big nail or something. Could work.
On S3 I completely removed a FULL glass and put it on a different screen. It's ok since its a different adhesive much softer, like a gel.

Good luck!!

Any luck?
I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25C3ymJdkVI and i have another glass from a phone that have display broken.
I will give a try next days, i have to find something to clean the remaining glue from glass and display (if i will be able to separate the two parts)

Any news from you?!
7th May 2013, 05:05 PM |#288  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your post, . you are so nice, you help us selfless.THX
13th May 2013, 11:37 AM |#289  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OK, I replaced my broken screen with the part of eBay the one with the frame and microphone, since its easier and its nearly the same price as screen +digitizer.
Now the phone look as new, because the frame got replaced too, but I can't control the brightness anymore, It stays on max, auto brightness doesn't work too, I'm using screen filter as the only workaround.
The lux sensor works OK cause I see it changing..
Also when I put the phone in download mode, I don't see the android logo, just black screen, but I know it enters cause Odin recognize it.
Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
17th May 2013, 01:59 PM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
THANKS
30th May 2013, 10:22 PM |#291  
Flag -
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonci

OK, I replaced my broken screen with the part of eBay the one with the frame and microphone, since its easier and its nearly the same price as screen +digitizer.
Now the phone look as new, because the frame got replaced too, but I can't control the brightness anymore, It stays on max, auto brightness doesn't work too, I'm using screen filter as the only workaround.
The lux sensor works OK cause I see it changing..
Also when I put the phone in download mode, I don't see the android logo, just black screen, but I know it enters cause Odin recognize it.
Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Strange, the screen was new?
It was for GT-i9000? I have read somewhere that are some korean versions of the screen that looks the same.
In theory the brightness is given by motherboard by increase or dimming the voltage for the leds. maybe one of the contacts are imperfect.
With the old screen, if you make the connection now without replacing (maybe you can connect the battery and the old screen with case open) the brightness is working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)