Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2012, 01:45 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yeah that thought had crossed my mind.

30th July 2012, 10:13 PM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
For everyone that has a rotating-display problem !
You need to enter the factory menu (during pwr up press down)
Enter to the g-sensor and choose a calibration.
I have found that from time to time my phone just gets stupid and recalibrate.
I have tried mass of diffrent firmwares untill i got this solution.
Let me know if it worked for You also
Regards
kr.
1st August 2012, 06:43 PM |#193  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I bought a couple of Star Note i9220 (N9000) phones and have flashed it with both the latest STOCK & MODIFIED images, however the colours on the phone are all wrong, either image is washed our or too dark.

I have noticed that another user also had this problem, but was able to rectify this issue by flashing the Stock image and then flashing the uBoot.

I have done this which solves the washed out colours on boot, however once the phone boots up the display is still very dark.

I have a couple of these phones that I have not modified, so I was wondering if there is a way that I can extract the system from them to re-flash back to the phone I have modified?

Or if anyone has a link to a correct N9000 image.

Other user:

@patyan38
Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=180

Also if it helps this is the link where I purchased the phone from: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
1st August 2012, 06:56 PM |#194  
Flag kidderminster
Thanks Meter: 507

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptx

i bought a couple of star note i9220 (n9000) phones and have flashed it with both the latest stock & modified images, however the colours on the phone are all wrong, either image is washed our or too dark.

I have noticed that another user also had this problem, but was able to rectify this issue by flashing the stock image and then flashing the uboot.

I have done this which solves the washed out colours on boot, however once the phone boots up the display is still very dark.

I have a couple of these phones that i have not modified, so i was wondering if there is a way that i can extract the system from them to re-flash back to the phone i have modified?

Or if anyone has a link to a correct n9000 image.

Other user:

@patyan38
link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=180

also if it helps this is the link where i purchased the phone from: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

did you see page 12
1st August 2012, 08:35 PM |#195  

More
Yes mate tried that ;(
1st August 2012, 08:51 PM |#196  
Flag kidderminster

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptx

Yes mate tried that ;(

have you flashed using MDTflashtool and change the display setting?
1st August 2012, 09:21 PM |#197  

More
nope? could you point me in the right direction for instructions on that?
Thanks for your help
1st August 2012, 09:47 PM |#198  
Flag kidderminster

More
use SP_MDT (sp multiport flash) and define the driver for your display start ,no conect your phone,close spmdt(this procedure charge the driver you define for display in uboot) now open sp flash tool and select your scater and flash your phone.

If the driver you use in spmdt don't work repeat the proces with other driver for display

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver with SP Flash Tool is less preferable than using firmware SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject (SP_MDT). But sometimes, this method saves when there are any problems with SP_MDT. method described here is slightly different from almost all other guides to flashing SP Flash Tool. It is more correct, since it is possible to select the correct driver for the camera and the display controller. This is achieved through a program SP_MDT, which stores the selected values ​​in uboot firmware. We will need: 1). Program SP Flash Tool . 2). The program SP_MDT . 3). Drivers MT6575 USB VCOM for the firmware. 4). She firmware for your device. To take the firmware section of firmware in this topic. 5). ( Optional ) Modified recovery.img for your smartphone when you want it to be on your smartphone. For every smart phone has his own. modified recovery for If you do not know what it is Instructions: 0). Unpack the archive SP_MDT, SP Flash Tool, MT6575 USB VCOM and an archive of the firmware. ( Optional ) If you have a modified recovery, then the file in the folder recovery.img replace the firmware on your modified. 1). Turn off your smartphone. The cable is not connected to the computer. 2). We take out the battery and insert it back. 3). Connect phone to computer cable. The operating system will detect a new device - enter the system folder with the driver MT6575 USB VCOM (for your OS). If something goes wrong with the installation of drivers, then use this method to install drivers . 4). Turning off the cable from your computer. 5). Run the program SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject. 6). Select Menu Factory database> Setup data source file and specify a file MTK_DATABASE.mdb (it lies in your SP_MDT). 7). Select the menu File> Open Download Agent File and specify a file MTK_AllInOneDA.bin (it lies in your SP_MDT). 8). Click Scatter File and select the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (he is in the folder with the firmware). 9). ( The most important point ). Many people complain that after flashing the phone based on MT6575 "fall off" the camera (front or rear), the display does not work (nothing shows skewed, incorrect brightness, incorrect color, etc.). The fact is that the manufacturer changes the device over time. In different batches of devices can be installed different matrix cells, different controllers display. To account for these situations in the uboot flash file made ​​all possible drivers (at the time of the firmware) for the cameras and the display device-specific. All you need to do - is to specify the correct sensors front and rear chambers and the right display controller (see screenshot). Do not prescribe NAMES BY HAND SENSORS ONLY CHOOSE THE RIGHT BUTTON THROUGH THE INSTALLATION OF SENSORS. 99% of the cases have to choose one of two options: mt9p017_raw (rear camera), hi704_yuv (front), RX_50RM_392A (display) or 0v5640_yuv (rear camera), hi704_yuv (front), RX_50RM_392A (display) It's okay if you make a mistake in these parameters. Just ask one more time with the right parameters. If both options will not work, then ... If the display does not work - try to trim the right of the display controller available for selection. If you do not work front or rear camera (or both), pick the right sensor for the respective chambers. The efficiency of cameras is easy to check by running a standard camera program. 10). After you specify all the data for the cameras and the display controller close the program SP_MDT. It is we no longer needed, since SP_MDT program has already made ​​the necessary data to flash uboot. 11). Open the program SP Flash Tool. 12). Click on the button Scatter-loading, and select the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt (he is in the folder with the firmware.) 13). Push the button Download. 14). Connect phone to computer cable. The program should see it and start the firmware. If your phone is not detected, then unplug it from the computer, remove and insert the battery and reconnect to your computer. 15). After completing the firmware disable the phone. 16). Done.

In short basicly in the ???????? Settings of MDT change the display driver until it is right'it may need a few flashes'i have done this a few times

Sent from my ONDA MID using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to sas007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sas007 Ad-Free
2nd August 2012, 12:26 AM |#199  

More
sas007, you my sir are a legend! thank you ;@)
2nd August 2012, 01:00 PM |#200  

More
After testing multiple phones and stock / custom firmware I have compiled the latest images with CWM Recovery and stable uBoot for both the i9220 PAD & NOTE Versions & created an easy to follow flash guide.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?qew4j6o4fz6qlw2

1. Driver Install

1a.Remove the Battery from the phone and connect to your PC with the USB cable.
1b. Your computer should then try and locate the drivers for the device, you may have to direct your PC to the drivers which are located in: 1. Driver Install
1c. Disconnect Phone once complete.

2. Flash Firmware to Phone
Phone must be disconnected with the battery removed before proceeding:

2a. Run flash_tool.exe located in 2. Flash Tool
2b. click Scatter-loading, then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

2c. Press "Download" on flash tool.
2b. Connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable. (battery must be removed)
2e. flash tool should now flash the phone, once complete unplug the phone.

4. Advanced - Firmware Driver Update

If the Display has issues (scrambled or very dark) then you need to change the Display Driver which is flashed to your phone.

4a. Run SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe located in 4. Firmware Driver Update
4b. Click scatter file and then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

4c. click the box marked: ??????? then click Unlock.
4d. Click bottom drop down box then select an alternative display driver.

NOTE Driver: RX_50NT_401B
PAD Driver: RX_50RM_401A
PAD Driver: RX_50RM_365A

4e. exit SPMulti software
4f. re-flash the modified firmware as in step 2.

Note: if you have problems with your front or rear camera, you can also try loading different drivers for those which are the first and second drop down boxes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to contemptx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift contemptx Ad-Free
2nd August 2012, 04:33 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Thinking of buying this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0081FCY4..._am_gb?ie=UTF8

One of the reviewers posted that the phone is inoperative when charging.

Anybody got info if this is common problem with the note copies.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
haipai, mtk6575

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)