Best App to Move Photos from PC to Infinity?

Search This thread

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Nov 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA Metro
I have both the ASUS Extension Kits - one for USB and the other as an SD Card Reader.

I've tried moving photos from my PC with both kits and the File Manager App with no success. The File Manager somehow corrupts JPG files when using the SD Card Reader and it does not recognize my USB stick.

I can move the photos one or two at a time as an email attachment, but I have several hundred that I'd like to put on the Infinity.

Suggestions? TIA!

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Nov 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA Metro
I have both the ASUS Extension Kits - one for USB and the other as an SD Card Reader.

I've tried moving photos from my PC with both kits and the File Manager App with no success. The File Manager somehow corrupts JPG files when using the SD Card Reader and it does not recognize my USB stick.

I can move the photos one or two at a time as an email attachment, but I have several hundred that I'd like to put on the Infinity.

Suggestions? TIA!

A little looking, and I answered my own question. Photo Transfer App works very well wirelessly. I used it on my iPad, and it works well here, too.

Alitheia

Dec 26, 2010
Also, there is the wireless option via FTP. I use an old app called SwiFTP. It's no longer developed, but Im sure you can find the apk somewhere. It gives full access to your device and it's FREE! There are other apps like it on the Market as well. I use it whenever I don't feel like grabbing my USB cable.

Jotokun

Apr 23, 2011
Also, there is the wireless option via FTP. I use an old app called SwiFTP. It's no longer developed, but Im sure you can find the apk somewhere. It gives full access to your device and it's FREE! There are other apps like it on the Market as well. I use it whenever I don't feel like grabbing my USB cable.

I'd recommend File Expert. It works through HTTP, so on any computer on the same wifi network with a web browser can get into it provided the user has the correct password. The web page UI for managing files is pretty nice, if a little buggy. Only flaw is that its UI is slow (at least on my Atrix) and not tablet optimized.

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Nov 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA Metro
I'd recommend File Expert. It works through HTTP, so on any computer on the same wifi network with a web browser can get into it provided the user has the correct password. The web page UI for managing files is pretty nice, if a little buggy. Only flaw is that its UI is slow (at least on my Atrix) and not tablet optimized.

Photo Transfer App is also http and works A-OK with no bugs. It will transfer photos or videos in either direction at very good speed. Photos can be batched up to 100 photos, abd videos are done singly. There are both Android and iOS Apps so I can take photos/videos off of my iPad and move them to my TF700.

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Even though probably adding a 'solution' to a problem no longer in existence ;) might I add that Total Commander supports both internal and external memory (with root access), (S)FTP, WEBDAV, LAN shares and more, and is still in active development? :) Also, you would not be limited to transfer of grahical files. (I haven't used specific photo transfer apps yet, so I do not know if they'd provide (a) definite advantage(s). If you think I'm missing out on something, please chime in and release me from my blissful ignorance. ;) )