FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]

1,177 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,330
 
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd August 2012, 01:09 PM |#191  
ktmbikerman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 656
 
More
a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ktmbikerman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmbikerman Ad-Free
 
 
3rd August 2012, 05:53 PM |#192  
dkn00b's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
All the Quarx Builds I have tried don't come with Touch Boot Menu, So i never have tried flashing TWRP.
Epys 260712 CM10 working with TWRP so i am happy with it for now.
3rd August 2012, 06:39 PM |#193  
espaciosalter20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 862
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmbikerman

a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf

because it's build for older cm iterations....

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2
4th August 2012, 06:12 PM |#194  
overclockthesun's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai (Bombay)
Thanks Meter: 270
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmbikerman

a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf

oh no....and I had no use of my phone the entire day today because of this :facepalm:
4th August 2012, 06:16 PM |#195  
ktmbikerman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 656
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

because it's build for older cm iterations....

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2

Why would that be... I've been installing TWRP on all quarx's roms. Only the 0208 one has this problem... wonder if it's fixed on the 0408 rom?

I did see some commits relating to 2ndInit... could be related

Edit: TWRP doesn't work on quarx 0408 either.
4th August 2012, 10:23 PM |#196  
@non4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gothicus
Thanks Meter: 850
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmbikerman

Why would that be... I've been installing TWRP on all quarx's roms. Only the 0208 one has this problem... wonder if it's fixed on the 0408 rom?

I did see some commits relating to 2ndInit... could be related

Edit: TWRP doesn't work on quarx 0408 either.

+1, install just results in bricked recovery, boots but can't do anything, had to copy the bootmenu folder from the ROM zip

Sent from the real world by hacking into the matrix
6th August 2012, 11:40 AM |#197  
UncleDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ferrara
Thanks Meter: 102
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

because it's build for older cm iterations....

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk 2

Any possibility to work around the problem without recompiling?

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
6th August 2012, 09:20 PM |#198  
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 129
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmbikerman

Why would that be... I've been installing TWRP on all quarx's roms. Only the 0208 one has this problem... wonder if it's fixed on the 0408 rom?

I did see some commits relating to 2ndInit... could be related

Edit: TWRP doesn't work on quarx 0408 either.

Yes there were few tweaks in how mount is done due to which TWRP is not working! And if someone(like me) already flashed TWRP. You don't need to flash SBF all over again. Just install(reinstal) bootmenu using the snd init app and you get the bootmenu.. Later you can just flash the ROM zip again.. Simple!
7th August 2012, 12:21 PM |#199  
notes1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
This is not the post your looking for
7th September 2012, 02:48 AM |#200  
Senior Member
Flag Valinhos
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
No solutions yet? D:
7th September 2012, 08:56 AM |#201  
@non4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gothicus
Thanks Meter: 850
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranks1989

Yes there were few tweaks in how mount is done due to which TWRP is not working! And if someone(like me) already flashed TWRP. You don't need to flash SBF all over again. Just install(reinstal) bootmenu using the snd init app and you get the bootmenu.. Later you can just flash the ROM zip again.. Simple!

Not necessarily, I'm surprised 2ndinit even worked for you when I did that it bricked even worse! Just copy the bootmenu folder in root explorer from your ROM/NANDroid and replace the broken one with it

Sent from Iron man's Jellybean powered suit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2012, latest, recovery touch

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes