Search This thread

zhp pilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Instructions:

- Download attached file
- Check your rom and see where the boot animation is located
- Usually can be found in /system/customize/resource with the name Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip
- Some roms have it is as bootanimation.zip in /system/media
- Rename downloaded zip to match what your rom has
- Backup original by adding .bak to the file name if you wish
- Place renamed zip in the correct folder overwriting the original
- Set permissions to rw-r--r--
- Reboot
- Enjoy

Download

sneaky_andy_ba.png

Last edited:

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
You are a theme machine my friend!

btw, any chance you would be interested in porting (IC)ICS to my rom?

in_retrospekt

Nov 10, 2011
Will this work on one xxx

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Worked for me.

Instructions for one xxx rls 3:
Download the above file and rename to vzw_qhd_bootanimation.zip. using root explorer find the current bootanimation file named "vzw_qhd_bootanimation.zip" and rename it to "vzw_qhd_bootanimation.bak" and than copy paste the file you downloaded and renamed to system/customize/resource. Reboot and enjoy your quietly rooted HTC device.

Reactions: keymaster911

Spyke562

Mar 14, 2011
Worked for me.

Download the above file and rename to vzw_qhd_bootanimation.zip. using root explorer find the current bootanimation file named "vzw_qhd_bootanimation.zip" and rename it to "vzw_qhd_bootanimation.bak" and than copy paste the file you downloaded and renamed to system/customize/resource. Reboot and enjoy your quietly rooted HTC device.

Cool Animation!

But...I must be blind because I cannot find the boot animation file to replace. Tried doing a search and I don't find vzw_qhd_bootanimation.zip. Also running one xxx rls3. But running Zones Blue theme, does that make a difference?

Thanks...

zhp pilot

Jul 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Cool Animation!

But...I must be blind because I cannot find the boot animation file to replace. Tried doing a search and I don't find vzw_qhd_bootanimation.zip. Also running one xxx rls3. But running Zones Blue theme, does that make a difference?

Thanks...

He may have moved and/or changed the name. Search for Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip.

Also look in /system/media.

Spyke562

Mar 14, 2011
He may have moved and/or changed the name. Search for Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip.

Also look in /system/media.

Hey thanks for the tips. I searched for Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip on both internal storage and sd card and nothing comes up. I also don't have a /system folder.

Another note, I also have Show hidden files, folders or drives ticked in folder options on my PC.

Is there anywhere else I can look?

zhp pilot

Jul 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hey thanks for the tips. I searched for Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip on both internal storage and sd card and nothing comes up. I also don't have a /system folder.

Another note, I also have Show hidden files, folders or drives ticked in folder options on my PC.

Its not located on the internal or external storage. It's on the phone itself which you can't see from the PC without using adb. You need to use a root file explorer on your phone itself. ES File Explorer is free and can be granted root access. Then you'll see your system folder.

Reactions: Spyke562

Spyke562

Mar 14, 2011
Its not located on the internal or external storage. It's on the phone itself which you can't see from the PC without using adb. You need to use a root file explorer on your phone itself. ES File Explorer is free and can be granted root access. Then you'll see your system folder.

Ohhh OK thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found the /system folder however I still cannot find the boot animation zip:confused:

I searched for Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip and even just bootanimation.zip and still came up with nothing. I must be doing something wrong here.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: so i found a VZW_qhd_bootanimation.zip
This must be it!

Last edited:

zhp pilot

Jul 19, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ohhh OK thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I found the /system folder however I still cannot find the boot animation zip:confused:

I searched for Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip and even just bootanimation.zip and still came up with nothing. I must be doing something wrong here.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: so i found a VZW_qhd_bootanimation.zip
This must be it!

There you go.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions:

- Download attached file
    - Check your rom and see where the boot animation is located
    - Usually can be found in /system/customize/resource with the name Vigor_VZW_bootanimation.zip
    - Some roms have it is as bootanimation.zip in /system/media
    - Rename downloaded zip to match what your rom has
    - Backup original by adding .bak to the file name if you wish
    - Place renamed zip in the correct folder overwriting the original
    - Set permissions to rw-r--r--
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy

Download

sneaky_andy_ba.png

Worked for me.

This will work on any rom. Just have to make sure you know where your boot animation is and rename the file to match.

It won't let me download. Is the link still valid? Thanks

Every single file I have on mediafire is doing that. I have no idea what's going. I have submitted a support ticket so hopefully I hear something back soon.