Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Need logcats, my friend. I don't own this phone, so I can't fix unless I have em... :)

Oh, I was just ribbing you a little!! I don't think the torch has ever worked in any of the builds and pretty sure that Google Voice and Google Now will never work until we see Jelly Bean.

Just keep up the good work!! And, yes, I do like the options installer....more thanks!!!

jimmyardeshna

May 28, 2012
DC
Awesome ROM !!

I installed this ROM yesterday and its awesome & smooth, nice work guys.... I am re-calibrating my battery after it discharged pretty quickly after I installed this ROM. Lets see how it goes.

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA

jimmyardeshna

May 28, 2012
DC
Battery drains quick

I installed this ROM yesterday and its awesome & smooth, nice work guys.... I am re-calibrating my battery after it discharged pretty quickly after I installed this ROM. Lets see how it goes.

I did a full battery calibration and charged it to full. Battery is 5% after just 6 hrs and maximum consumer was "Android OS 58%"

Think you guys can do anything about it?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Tell me more about this, jimmy.
How did it happen. How you installed it. You have any screen shots of battery usage and CPU stat?
you might be seeing this drain bug.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29803911
Thnx

I had Paranoid android (ICS-ROM) and I installed this ROM by wiping data, cache and dalvik and after installation I ran V6 supercharger.

I went thru the link you posted... Similar thing is happening on my phone and this is the first time any ROM did this on my phone. Android OS sucked all the battery. I will wipe dalvik and see the results and get back to you.... Can you suggest what else can I try to get rid of this drain?

I really love this ROM and dont want to install something else due to battery drain...

Last edited:
Reactions: qkster

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
I did a full battery calibration and charged it to full. Battery is 5% after just 6 hrs and maximum consumer was "Android OS 58%"

Think you guys can do anything about it?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

I had Paranoid android (ICS-ROM) and I installed this ROM by wiping data, cache and dalvik and after installation I ran V6 supercharger.

I went thru the link you posted... Similar thing is happening on my phone and this is the first time any ROM did this on my phone. Android OS sucked all the battery. I will wipe dalvik and see the results and get back to you.... Can you suggest what else can I try to get rid of this drain?

I really love this ROM and dont want to install something else due to battery drain...

So far, I have seen it a few times. It is not quite reproducible. I notice it when I'm going from work to home or places in between. Changing cell tower? idk. Toggling the wifi or changing wifi source.
I have noticed the complaints on MIUI, GB, ICS, JB.
It is not seen on rooted froyo.
pharmnerd has told me that uclb3 stock without data plan doesn't have this issue either.
I've only been running gb routinely. I would suggest you stick to the firmware you want and reboot and wipe when you see it.

Any reports you have about on the Drain thread may be helpful.

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
737 miles from where I was
Originally Posted by jimmyardeshna

Awesome ROM !! I installed this ROM yesterday and its awesome & smooth, nice work guys.... I am re-calibrating my battery after it discharged pretty quickly after I installed this ROM. Lets see how it goes.

Hope this straightens out for you very soon, it is not typical for this rom.

Last edited:

jimmyardeshna

May 28, 2012
DC
Problem solved

Originally Posted by jimmyardeshna

Awesome ROM !! I installed this ROM yesterday and its awesome & smooth, nice work guys.... I am re-calibrating my battery after it discharged pretty quickly after I installed this ROM. Lets see how it goes.

Hope this straightens out for you very soon, it is not typical for this rom.

A simple WIPE DALVIK and REBOOT solved the problem... Now Android OS is placed lower on battery consumers and my phone's battery is behaving normal...:good:

Thank you qkster for the posts and links that guided me to do this...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    footerLogo.png

MIUI Jellybean Builds

By

Th3Bill
    Trialsrider1
    Pony Express

ROM INFO
    • Latest MIUIAndroid Version:[/U][/B] 3.2.1
    • Latest MIUI.us Version:[/U][/B] 2.12.28
    • CM10 Version:[/U][/B] 11.04 by scott.hart.bti

How To Flash​
    1. Place ROM onto phone storage
    2. Reboot to recovery
    3. Make a Nandroid
    4. WIPE!!
    5. Flash ROM
    6. Install OPTIONS or Gapps
    • WIKI/FAQ Located: To be reworked

Bugs??:
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Videocamera : Use VideoCam Illusion
      Slight Lag possible on screen transitions
      USB tether
    The graphics related issues are due to not having proper drivers to use for this. Don't ask for an ETA on a fix. Moto won't be giving us the drivers, so there is no fix

If you need to report a NEW bug, report it once, and the next TWO people VERIFY it. I don't need everyone reporting same bug 20 times. I you can, provide me the following information:
    1. Version you're using
    2. What type of fwipe you did and what ROM you came from
    3. Have you restored any data from something like Titanium Backup
    4. What app is misbehaving and what you were doing when it started
    5. Logcats<--THIS IS PREFERRED.

If you don't know how to logcat, go HERE and learn. This really nice guy took the time to write out a good how to :)

When you have a LOGCAT and would like to post it, please go to pastebin and post it in there, then LINK that location in this thread...I don't want to see them posted directly in here.

Downloads:
    • MIUI.us file is Located HERE
    • MIUIAndroid file is Located HERE

Credits:​
    • MIUI.us Team-for US translation and
    • MIUIAndrouid Team-for GB translation
    • scott.hart.bti=For the CM10 base I use and for helping me with source building :)
    • Jokersax11-for being my initial inspiration on Photon, being a cool guy, and helping me along in my early days
    • Amarullz=for creating the Aroma Installer
    • Spleef-for collaborating on those first builds that got me into Android
    • All my testers and users
    • Anyone else I may have forgotten :)

GITHUB (FOR KERNEL SOURCE)-GPL COMPLIANCE HERE

See Post 2 for More Info :)
    CHANGELOG

Remember Everyone...not ALL of these will apply to our devices

Full changelog MIUI ROM 2.12.7

[Phone]
    Optimization reduced the volume of notification tone during a call
    Optimization country code is prohibited from inputting while customizing attribution
    Fixed inaccurate call duration shown during a call
    Fixed keyboard cannot pop up during the “Call before editing” function

[Messaging]
    Fixed SMS type prompt error in the SMS input box in some cases
    Fixed insufficient number of contacts are recommended while creating a new message

[Lock screen, status bar, notification bar]
    Fixed lock screen music interface playback status display error
    Fixed lock screen variety frame display error caused by zooming

[Theme]
    Optimized batch conversion processing of old theme packages
    Optimized reduce the size of the storage space occupied by imported themes
    Optimized sorting of recently downloaded local resource list
    Optimized theme list loading speed
    Fixed pages sometimes can not be loaded after clicking on recommended themes
    Fixed inconsistencies between local themes state and online theme state
    Fixed old files are not deleted when updating
    Fixed user is not prompted to restart the phone when applying a new font
    Fixed current application is not displayed correctly while running mix and match modules
    Fixed in some cases clicking the "Write a review" button does not give any response
    Fixed quickly switching ringtone length results in a display error
    Fixed setting the lock screen wallpaper to the same as your desktop wallpaper causes the desktop wallpaper enlarged
    Fixed local ringtones list page is not in accordance with the ringtones in "My Downloads" and “Default ringtones”

[Gallery]
    Added the blacklist mechanism to automatically filter and hide common ads and cache albums

[Compass]
    Fixed calibration failure in some non-Xiaomi phones

[Anti-disturb]
    Fixed when adding the blacklist and importing log, inadvertently tapping the screen leads to cancel the import

[Notes]
    Fixed when alarm volume is muted, notes reminder will FC

Update highlights of MIUI 2.11.30

1. New location services on MIUI Voice Assistant (for Chinese users)
    2. Enhanced lock screen loading speed (less lag than previously, wallpaper will not show before unlock)
    3. Search history can be shown in App Market.(for Chinese users)

Full changelog:

[Messaging]
    Fix MMS thumbnail display problems in certain circumstances
    Optimised E-mail, URL sent via SMS can be added to the contact info of senders easily
    [Themes]
    Fix photo frame and clock skin cannot be changed
    Added support for the theme ratings and reviews
    Optimise to hide theme temporary files to prevent images in the temporary files folder appearing in the gallery
    Fix in some cases, theme status displays incorrectly after being downloaded
    Fix some theme modules fail to be applied
    [Lock screen, status bar, notification bar]
    New variety lock screen framework support, delay unlock (animation playback before unlocking)
    Fix variety lock screen framework, the sliding control state results in errors in some cases
    Optimised lock screen loading speed
    New in variety lock screen framework, added state variables of sliding components unlocking target point variables
    OP Updated. Files have been moved...AGAIN! I'm now operating on my own site. I got tired of Goo's lost downloads and SF telling me that my rate of starting new projects was too high (I have 20 and they were stopping me at 14..when I tried to open a second account, they got smart and stopped that one to...LOL). So, now I am operating on

www.th3bill.com

scott and I have joined forces to form Team ToolBag and have a site for that as well

www.teamtoolbag.us

Cheers!
    Sorry I've been a bit out of touch guys. I didn't forget all of you....I just have had a lot going on with my life and all. In a very good way!

I now have custody of all 3 of my daughters! :D
    I've been out of town all weekend. Hopefully will be home tonight and can restart my help. My builds are done for miuiscotland so should plenty of free time.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium