By flappjaxxx, Senior Member on 21st May 2012, 06:46 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
6th August 2012, 04:49 AM |#2961  
Flag Gulf Breeze, FL
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgndroid1

Sometimes I wonder if he quit because a lack of appreciation(donations).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

The devs do what they do because they love to do it. The donations are just icing on the cake. A simple thanks with a little respect goes a long way. We should conside,r ourselves lucky.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b3asty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b3asty Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 05:14 AM |#2962  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,434

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgndroid1

Sometimes I wonder if he quit because a lack of appreciation(donations).

Although always appreciated, donations were never necessary.
I personally have donated to other developers who have helped me and contributed to the community.
So in answer to your statement, it has nothing to do with donations.
It has to do mainly with myself and my family.
It has to do with the fact that I have spent many many many countless hours working on this stuff.
I truly appreciate all of the people who have contributed to me and my projects as far as helping each other out and of course donations definitely have helped keep my wife off of my ass, but even that wore off after a while.
My family needs me more than the Android community does, and too often I have been here more for the community than my own family.
The icing on the cake is the small handful, and I do emphasize small handful of douchey, needy, unappreciative, users who contribute nothing to this community really puts a damper on my already waning attitude towards the XDA community. It is easy for everyone to say ignore them, but put yourself in my shoes. Especially when you have dirtbags that again contribute nothing other than flaming and acting like idiots and even go so far as to make physical threats via pm because it is real easy to act like a badass from behind your computer screen. These people are still here and not banned. Makes no sense.
The sad part of that is that small handful of douchebag users continues to grow on a daily basis.
All of that said, the community is a small part of why I am done with all of this.
The donations whether coming in or not at all are nice but have no bearing on whether I continue or not.
The main reason I am quitting is I have lost too much time with my wife and kids I will never get back.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flappjaxxx Ad-Free
juwttt
6th August 2012, 05:18 AM |#2963  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I hope all goes well...you are truly an amazing developer, you will be never forgotten.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 05:28 AM |#2964  
Flag Kennett, MO.
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

[B]Although always appreciated, donations were never necessary.

Flapp, check your email.
The Following User Says Thank You to sholsten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sholsten Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 05:28 AM |#2965  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Great Dev. Hands down. I hate to see the few be the winners when the vast think you are the ultra talented. I'm saying thanks though am on another ROM.

I hope life and hobby will balance out and the twitch come back. Think about all the athletes that retire and then come back. Never say never.

The Noteworthy Note. Running OBJECTION rc1 UCLF5 / h0tw1r3's r4 OC.
The Following User Says Thank You to sdelliott31 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdelliott31 Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 05:54 AM |#2966  
Flag livonia - michigan
Thanks Meter: 19

More
FJ thank you so much enjoy the time with your family because you only get to once

To all the scum ****s I HATE YOUR GUTS

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dru1226 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dru1226 Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 06:20 AM |#2967  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Artist throughout time have always had to deal with people trying to steal there work. You may not consider yourself an artist flapjaxxx but I do. It a shame that you are considering not sharing your art with the world because foolish people believe they can pass your work off as there own. I hope with time you reconsider.

6th August 2012, 06:27 AM |#2968  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Always family first, that's why I never got in to doing roms, to many kids ! And my wife is hot :P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keller.jeff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keller.jeff Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 06:32 AM |#2969  
Flag Weatherford
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keller.jeff

Always family first, that's why I never got in to doing roms, to many kids ! And my wife is hot :P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 using xda app-developers app

That's the best reason ever lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knoshann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knoshann Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 06:34 AM |#2970  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Absolutely, family first!!! I am relieved that you are not just leaving because of the whiners. As a father, I commend you for making the right choice. You will never regret it. I will look forward to your posts, however frequently they may come and I will continue to rock your ROM as it is perfect as it is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkStinger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarkStinger Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 06:47 AM |#2971  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Wink
Thank you very much for what you have done with your ROM. Your family is what matter most in your life. You are fortunate that you realize the fact. I really appreciate your work. We all are going to miss you.

Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

Although always appreciated, donations were never necessary.
I personally have donated to other developers who have helped me and contributed to the community.
So in answer to your statement, it has nothing to do with donations.
It has to do mainly with myself and my family.
It has to do with the fact that I have spent many many many countless hours working on this stuff.
I truly appreciate all of the people who have contributed to me and my projects as far as helping each other out and of course donations definitely have helped keep my wife off of my ass, but even that wore off after a while.
My family needs me more than the Android community does, and too often I have been here more for the community than my own family.
The icing on the cake is the small handful, and I do emphasize small handful of douchey, needy, unappreciative, users who contribute nothing to this community really puts a damper on my already waning attitude towards the XDA community. It is easy for everyone to say ignore them, but put yourself in my shoes. Especially when you have dirtbags that again contribute nothing other than flaming and acting like idiots and even go so far as to make physical threats via pm because it is real easy to act like a badass from behind your computer screen. These people are still here and not banned. Makes no sense.
The sad part of that is that small handful of douchebag users continues to grow on a daily basis.
All of that said, the community is a small part of why I am done with all of this.
The donations whether coming in or not at all are nice but have no bearing on whether I continue or not.
The main reason I am quitting is I have lost too much time with my wife and kids I will never get back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teatimest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teatimest Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development
Previous Thread Next Thread