Thanks Meter: 11,434

By flappjaxxx, Senior Member on 21st May 2012, 06:46 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
6th August 2012, 06:47 AM |#2971  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Wink
Thank you very much for what you have done with your ROM. Your family is what matter most in your life. You are fortunate that you realize the fact. I really appreciate your work. We all are going to miss you.

Take care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappjaxxx

Although always appreciated, donations were never necessary.
I personally have donated to other developers who have helped me and contributed to the community.
So in answer to your statement, it has nothing to do with donations.
It has to do mainly with myself and my family.
It has to do with the fact that I have spent many many many countless hours working on this stuff.
I truly appreciate all of the people who have contributed to me and my projects as far as helping each other out and of course donations definitely have helped keep my wife off of my ass, but even that wore off after a while.
My family needs me more than the Android community does, and too often I have been here more for the community than my own family.
The icing on the cake is the small handful, and I do emphasize small handful of douchey, needy, unappreciative, users who contribute nothing to this community really puts a damper on my already waning attitude towards the XDA community. It is easy for everyone to say ignore them, but put yourself in my shoes. Especially when you have dirtbags that again contribute nothing other than flaming and acting like idiots and even go so far as to make physical threats via pm because it is real easy to act like a badass from behind your computer screen. These people are still here and not banned. Makes no sense.
The sad part of that is that small handful of douchebag users continues to grow on a daily basis.
All of that said, the community is a small part of why I am done with all of this.
The donations whether coming in or not at all are nice but have no bearing on whether I continue or not.
The main reason I am quitting is I have lost too much time with my wife and kids I will never get back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teatimest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift teatimest Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 06:55 AM |#2972  
Flag Wichita, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Flapp that is a very good reason to stop family definitely comes first. Just wanted you to know all that lost time is greatly appreciated by many people here on XDA. I and many others will miss such a fine developer! The best of wishes to you and your family! It's never too late.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emcnelly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emcnelly Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 03:59 PM |#2973  
Flag York, Pa
Thanks Meter: 677

More
More than ever I respect your decision. Lost family time can never be replaced. You're a good man, Flapp. Take care my friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to kimtyson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kimtyson Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 07:07 PM |#2974  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Take care man! You will not be forgotten. I've got a 5 yr old that started 1st grade today and i was working on my masters thesis all yesterday and into the wee hours of the morning - but i got up, as sleepy as i was for his first day of school cause that's what parents do. I respect your decision and wish you all the best.

P.S. my phablet ROCKS because of you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capnoob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift capnoob Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 07:27 PM |#2975  
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks Flapp.... Family is first. I am so happy with my phone because of your work. Sorry for the morons who are immature and don't get it.
You are leaving a legacy
Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to azpatterson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azpatterson Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 08:51 PM |#2976  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Flapp, I too understand the bearing of family and lost time. I commend your reasoning behind the decision and hope that someday you will return. I appreciate all the work you have put into this and strongly feel that not only the Android community but also XDA has lost a hell of a developer. Thanks again and enjoy that oh so precious time making memories with the ones that will always love and cherish you.

P.S. - Thanks God for Flapp and thanks God for smokin' hot wives....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to APatte111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift APatte111 Ad-Free
6th August 2012, 09:16 PM |#2977  
Flag Indiana : @IndyJoeDV
Thanks Meter: 1,100

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My family needs me more than the Android community does, and too often I have been here more for the community than my own family.
The main reason I am quitting is I have lost too much time with my wife and kids I will never get back.

I will say this to everyone... the last sentence above should be the one thing you always keep in mind. I don't want to harp on this, but lost time can never be recovered, nor can time that's wasted or not fully enjoyed. When Emily was diagnosed, I can't even begin to explain how clear it becomes that there is nothing even close to being as important as your children and loved ones are.

Respect your choice flapp... there's nothing wrong with having a hobby, enjoying time doing something you love, but nothing trumps that time you can spend with your kids.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JoeDV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeDV Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 06:33 AM |#2978  
Flag Gulf Breeze, FL
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:

It has to do with the fact that I have spent many many many countless hours working on this stuff.

Your "real" family is most important sir. Sounds like you have your priorities in order. Thanks again for leaving us with a little slice of your amazing work.
The Following User Says Thank You to b3asty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b3asty Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 07:07 AM |#2979  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Me and my wife both have galaxy notes. Her GPS wasn't working so I flashed your rom to her phone and its the first custom rom in her phone. Now everything works perfect for her, thanks to you. We really appreciate for everything you have done for this community. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Emir5kurt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Emir5kurt Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 08:30 AM |#2980  
Flag P.R. Levittown
Thanks Meter: 1,568

Donate to Me
More
one if the greatest dev ever to costumize my note
Collective team rocks

still sad but mad respect on ur desicion

Sent from my G-Note i717 on ICS using XDA Premium
7th August 2012, 03:03 PM |#2981  
Flag Apopka, FL
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Thanks flappjaxxx for all your hard work. This is the most stable and generally best working ROM I've tried on this phone. I need stability since I'm running the Note on T-Mobile with the crazy radios and this provides it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00mz

I had to rename to gps.conf.txt.

When you download it, rename it to gps.conf

then put it in /etc/

I did notice another issue related. When I use the Tools-->GPS tab to change to a different GPS config, it deletes the /etc/gps.conf file again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg

To find and install the gps.conf file into your working rom, follow these easy steps:
(1) locate the rom zip file on your PC. (you'll need to extract the contents to find the file.
(2) on your PC, open the "system" folder, followed by the "etc" folder, and inside you'll find the gps.conf file.
(3) connect your device to PC and enable USB storage.
(4) copy the gps.conf file from the PC and paste it to your SD card on the device in the download folder of internal storage. ( you can use external as well if using root explorer app, or similar root file app)
(5) open your file explorer on the device, and enable read/write access.
(6) navigate to your downloaded gps.conf file and long press it. you will then choose move in your options menu.
(7) then navigate to your "system/etc" folder on the device, and paste the file in.
(8) then set permissions to rw-r--r--

See next page for a screen shot of the correct permissions view.

Done....disconnect device, reboot, and enjoy....g

P.S. this is "not" my hack, or my idea....I will not be held accountable if your device explodes and/or zombie kills you in your sleep. (USE AT OWN RISK)!!!

This has to be reposted! I had a weird issue where it was sticking me somewhere in California and I live in Florida. This fixed it for me, thanks!
EDIT: I spoke a little too soon. It gets a GPS lock in under a second, but navigation still doesn't work. I've tried messing with a lot of settings, customizing that GPS file and nothing will fix navigation. I'm not really sure where to go from here. Could it be the TMO radio?
The Following User Says Thank You to Gwanatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gwanatu Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development
Previous Thread Next Thread