[GUIDE] How to Flash Rom's WithOUT HARD BRICK < Best Method > Galaxy Note

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By osama_m2s, Member on 7th August 2012, 01:31 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi All
Today i'm about sharing the safest method to Flash ROM's on Galaxy Note

Main problem with EMMC brick that causes hard brick
(your phone will not turn on at all and you will need a $50 JTAG service from MobileTechVideos)
is mainly with “leaked” ICS ROMs. If you have flashed one of those “leaked” ICS ROMs, there’s a chance you can brick.

But to clear things up, your phone doesn’t get bricked unless you try to “wipe data/factory reset” in ClockworkMod Recovery while trying to install a new ROM.

Whenever you are installing or restore ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery , Flash Abyss Gingerbread kernel Download Here

Step 1:
Download and copy over the Abyss kernel zip file to your SD card or internal storage. Again, I always have a copy of Abyss kernel zip file on my SD card I suggest you do too.

Step 2:
Then hold down Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons together until your phone resets and you get ClockworkMod Recovery.

Step 3:
Choose “install zip from sdcard”.

Step 4:
Choose “choose zip from sdcard” or “choose zip from internal sdcard” depending on where you copied over the Abyss kernel zip file to.

Step 5:
Choose the Abyss kernel zip file and install it.

Step 6:
Once installed, you still have to reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery so go back to main menu and choose “advanced”.

Step 7:
Choose “Reboot Recovery” and this should reboot back you into ClockworkMod Recovery but the one off Abyss kernel.

From here on, you can install new Gingerbread or ICS ROMs without worrying about bricking
Do this Steps Every Time You Want to Flash a ROM be safe
The Following User Says Thank You to osama_m2s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift osama_m2s Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 04:50 AM |#2  
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,101

More
=)~
sorry, but r u sure abysskernel 4.2 is the safe kernel to do ?
No offense to abyss developer, but...
I've tried it before, and makes my note brick when do wiping on ICS.
Lucky me, I still able to regain few gigabyte of the space. Otherwise, I will need to spend some more time to go to the customer service of Samsung.

Now, for my device, I feel much better when using speedmod kernel. and for me, speedmod kernel serve me well than abyss.

~WJ~
===============================================
Galaxy Note N7000 ICS 4.0.4 XXLRK
ROM = CriskeloROM v.11.1
Kernel = Speedmod K3-11
===============================================
The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antique_sonic Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 05:24 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Can anyone confirm that this method is 100% safe?
I am out of warranty as many of us in the forum here, and can not even try anything that's 90%.
7th August 2012, 06:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPC

Can anyone confirm that this method is 100% safe?
I am out of warranty as many of us in the forum here, and can not even try anything that's 90%.

No offense to the OP, But the SAFEST IS STILL PC ODIN. Pc odin is a samsung software not some script written by a developer.
7th August 2012, 06:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This method might work for those with root and already on custom recoveries. But for those on stock ICS, they would have to first flash CWM.zip touch/temp to have the option to flash abyss. Which has recently been deemed NOT SAFE to use for people on affected stock ICS kernels. The current safest way to flash a kernel is pc odin. Which will give you the triangle. Thanks for the info, but this method might not be safe for all note users.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
7th August 2012, 07:42 AM |#6  
Flag ireland
Thanks Meter: 285

More
OP.. Change your title... Noobs. Read this ****
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659768

If you hard brick your phone. You will need a new motherboard... NOT a jtag... Op please read first yourself before posting stuff incorrectly

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
7th August 2012, 08:11 AM |#7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2,010

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtranvi

This method might work for those with root and already on custom recoveries. But for those on stock ICS, they would have to first flash CWM.zip touch/temp to have the option to flash abyss. Which has recently been deemed NOT SAFE to use for people on affected stock ICS kernels. The current safest way to flash a kernel is pc odin. Which will give you the triangle. Thanks for the info, but this method might not be safe for all note users.

To use CWM.zip to flash Abyss is the most stupidesterestest thing to do. No wonder the CWM method is deemed NOT safe...
7th August 2012, 10:15 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 66,081

Donate to Me
More
Abyss kernel can be flashed by recovery if you are rooted and have advance recovery only, it won't work on stock recovery.
If you are rooted and have safe kernel, then what is need to have abyss kernel?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.ketan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2012, 11:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

Abyss kernel can be flashed by recovery if you are rooted and have advance recovery only, it won't work on stock recovery.
If you are rooted and have safe kernel, then what is need to have abyss kernel?

Based on my experience, Abyss is needed and 100% safe in case you want to go back from ICS to GB (of course always assuming you are rooted and with CWM).
I had soft brick when trying to revert from ICS to GB (by using the ICS CWM) and then Abyss solved my problem.
7th August 2012, 12:01 PM |#10  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 41,311

More
The way it started, this thread will only confuse every noob in the known universe no end.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chasmodo Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 12:16 PM |#11  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 66,081

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popo72

Based on my experience, Abyss is needed and 100% safe in case you want to go back from ICS to GB (of course always assuming you are rooted and with CWM).
I had soft brick when trying to revert from ICS to GB (by using the ICS CWM) and then Abyss solved my problem.

For ics to gb, pc odin is best anf safest option.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmodo

The way it started, this thread will only confuse every noob in the known universe no end.

+1

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
avoid brick, galaxy note, hard brick, rom, survey
Previous Thread Next Thread