How to partition SD card in HTC One X?

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By tmy1018, Junior Member on 6th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I was trying to create ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions on the SD card. I tried ClockworkMod recovery and it didn't work. Nothing seems to have happened.

I also tried using MiniTool and that also failed. I tried both Disk Utility and GParted in Ubuntu and it still didn't work. For MiniTool, Disk Utility, and GParted, after I finished partitioning the partitions showed up on the computer OK, but when USB's disconnected the One X says that the SD card's corrupted.

Has anybody done this? Or is there some other way to solve this?

Thanks!

After some more playing around, it seems that the problem might be something related to a partition table.

When there's no partition table, it works fine, but after I add a partition table it seems that the phone can't recognize the SD card anymore.
6th August 2012, 08:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
It's been a while since I partitioned an SD, but I think you can do it with ROM manager from the Play Store.
6th August 2012, 08:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmy1018

Hi,

I was trying to create ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions on the SD card. I tried ClockworkMod recovery and it didn't work. Nothing seems to have happened.

I also tried using MiniTool and that also failed. I tried both Disk Utility and GParted in Ubuntu and it still didn't work. For MiniTool, Disk Utility, and GParted, after I finished partitioning the partitions showed up on the computer OK, but when USB's disconnected the One X says that the SD card's corrupted.

Has anybody done this? Or is there some other way to solve this?

Thanks!

You can't and I don't see the point. Give up trying to solve a problem you don't have.
6th August 2012, 11:27 PM |#4  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 748

More
You can't. The sdcard can only be used as fat32 or possibly exfat.
Anything else and it will show as corrupt in android

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
7th August 2012, 04:22 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKseagull

It's been a while since I partitioned an SD, but I think you can do it with ROM manager from the Play Store.

Were you using HTC One X?

When I tried to partition the SD card in ROM Manager it just got stuck when it said it has to install a recovery although I have a newer version of CWM recovery already installed.
7th August 2012, 08:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,121

More
You can't do it. The whole internal memory of the phone has loads of partitions, of which the "sd card" is one. You can't take a partition and nest partition tables in it.
7th August 2012, 09:58 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKseagull

I decided that I don't really need a partition so I just made a `.img` file and mounted it as a loop device.
7th August 2012, 02:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmy1018

Were you using HTC One X?

When I tried to partition the SD card in ROM Manager it just got stuck when it said it has to install a recovery although I have a newer version of CWM recovery already installed.

I apologise, I actually forgot that this has an internal SD. Doh!

I only had my One X for 2 days before sending it away for repair. I'm not familiar enough with it yet!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)