How to partition SD card in HTC One X?

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By tmy1018, Junior Member on 6th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I was trying to create ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions on the SD card. I tried ClockworkMod recovery and it didn't work. Nothing seems to have happened.

I also tried using MiniTool and that also failed. I tried both Disk Utility and GParted in Ubuntu and it still didn't work. For MiniTool, Disk Utility, and GParted, after I finished partitioning the partitions showed up on the computer OK, but when USB's disconnected the One X says that the SD card's corrupted.

Has anybody done this? Or is there some other way to solve this?

Thanks!

************************************************** *********************

After some more playing around, it seems that the problem might be something related to a partition table.

When there's no partition table, it works fine, but after I add a partition table it seems that the phone can't recognize the SD card anymore.
6th August 2012, 08:50 PM |#2  
UKseagull's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
More
It's been a while since I partitioned an SD, but I think you can do it with ROM manager from the Play Store.
6th August 2012, 08:51 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,121
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmy1018

Hi,

I was trying to create ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions on the SD card. I tried ClockworkMod recovery and it didn't work. Nothing seems to have happened.

I also tried using MiniTool and that also failed. I tried both Disk Utility and GParted in Ubuntu and it still didn't work. For MiniTool, Disk Utility, and GParted, after I finished partitioning the partitions showed up on the computer OK, but when USB's disconnected the One X says that the SD card's corrupted.

Has anybody done this? Or is there some other way to solve this?

Thanks!

You can't and I don't see the point. Give up trying to solve a problem you don't have.
6th August 2012, 11:27 PM |#4  
Alex240188's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 748
 
More
You can't. The sdcard can only be used as fat32 or possibly exfat.
Anything else and it will show as corrupt in android

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
7th August 2012, 04:22 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKseagull

It's been a while since I partitioned an SD, but I think you can do it with ROM manager from the Play Store.

Were you using HTC One X?

When I tried to partition the SD card in ROM Manager it just got stuck when it said it has to install a recovery although I have a newer version of CWM recovery already installed.
7th August 2012, 08:11 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,121
 
More
You can't do it. The whole internal memory of the phone has loads of partitions, of which the "sd card" is one. You can't take a partition and nest partition tables in it.
7th August 2012, 09:58 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKseagull

It's been a while since I partitioned an SD, but I think you can do it with ROM manager from the Play Store.

I decided that I don't really need a partition so I just made a `.img` file and mounted it as a loop device.
7th August 2012, 02:46 PM |#8  
UKseagull's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmy1018

Were you using HTC One X?

When I tried to partition the SD card in ROM Manager it just got stuck when it said it has to install a recovery although I have a newer version of CWM recovery already installed.

I apologise, I actually forgot that this has an internal SD. Doh!

I only had my One X for 2 days before sending it away for repair. I'm not familiar enough with it yet!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes