Thanks Meter: 3,753

By scanno, Senior Member on 5th August 2012, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2012, 09:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minuutes

VegaCream works now after flashing it through NVFlash. Could the boot problem have something with an uncomplete CWM or something? Like it "destroys" the important partitions?Since both VegaCream and VegaICS use an unofficial build of CWM with Touch-interface? Mabye I'll try to flash an official version and install VegaBean through there! Will report back if it works!

I can now confirm that flashing VegaBean through official CWM works, and it boots and 2nd boot too... Just download the .zip file at the bottom and follow this guide by me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1597556 or this guide by add.thebad: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1041036

Don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if I helped you out :P

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85837377/recovery.zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2minuutes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 2minuutes Ad-Free

7th August 2012, 10:26 AM |#12  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 569

Donate to Me
More
Thank you , i will do it then today !
Should i do it better via PC-adb and flash 3.0.2.8 with guide from add.thebad or better your method and recovery OR its just the same recovery 3.0.2.8 just deffirend flash method ???

Permission request to scanno: can I use his rom as base for Remics-Vega??
7th August 2012, 11:21 AM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad87do

Thank you , i will do it then today !
Should i do it better via PC-adb and flash 3.0.2.8 with guide from add.thebad or better your method and recovery OR its just the same recovery 3.0.2.8 just deffirend flash method ???

Permission request to scanno: can I use his rom as base for Remics-Vega??

If you want to use this for a new rom go ahead. Just give the credits for the work done (also ejtagle and brucelee666)

Modifications to the standard AOSP source code can be found on my github. Also the kernel sources are there too.

They are not up-to-date yet.

If you find solutions to problems in the ROM, give them back to the community so they can also be used in other ROMS.
The Following User Says Thank You to scanno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scanno Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 12:24 PM |#14  
Flag NRW

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanno

If you want to use this for a new rom go ahead. Just give the credits for the work done (also ejtagle and brucelee666)

Modifications to the standard AOSP source code can be found on my github. Also the kernel sources are there too.

They are not up-to-date yet.

If you find solutions to problems in the ROM, give them back to the community so they can also be used in other ROMS.

yes ofc i will.

Is there Host-Driver in the kernel included ?

I am searching developers for Advent Vega device : http://remics.bennz.eu

If you have interests to join Remics-Team pm me!
7th August 2012, 12:40 PM |#15  
Quote:

yes ofc i will.

Is there Host-Driver in the kernel included ?

I am searching developers for Advent Vega device : http://remics.bennz.eu

If you have interests to join Remics-Team pm me!

If you mean USB host... Yes it is... On my github there are the sources of the 3.1.10 kernel (based on the rel-15r7 version of nvidia) with the patches ejtagle made. But they are not up to date yet.

As soon as i have time i have to clean up the lunch target of beta1 and do a commit on github. Then you can fork from there and build a version for yourself. If you use the manifest file for vegabean you also get the modifications made to the framework, wpa_supplicant etc to make it all work.

See https://github.com/scanno

Again do not use it yet because they are not up to beta 1.

Thanks for the offer, but i do not have time to do a lot of work and join a development team. For the development of roms for the advent vega i would prefer and suggest that you and the Remics team go to the modaco forum and join the kernel development thread and join the efforts.

This way we have more changes of getting a very good base and from there make ROMS. The more roms to choose from, the better for the people using an advent vega.
The Following User Says Thank You to scanno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scanno Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 12:46 PM |#16  
Flag NRW

Donate to Me
More
Thx for answere, but i dont will compile it , i will use the ready zip file and edit it.
I am not a kernel-developer

thats why i asked you about team
7th August 2012, 12:52 PM |#17  
Quote:

Thx for answere, but i dont will compile it , i will use the ready zip file and edit it.
I am not a kernel-developer

thats why i asked you about team

Ok... but again all help is welcome, but you know that. Besides kernel development is done by EJtagle and not by me. He reversed engineerd most of the device specific vega stuff.

Also... /system/lib, /system/framework, /system/usr, /system/app are squashfs filesystems. To access the files in there you have to unsquash them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scanno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scanno Ad-Free
7th August 2012, 02:26 PM |#18  
Flag NRW

Donate to Me
More
do you can tell me programm on windows how to unsquash and again to squash after editing ?
7th August 2012, 02:38 PM |#19  
Quote:

do you can tell me programm on windows how to unsquash and again to squash after editing ?

Sorry... I am using Linux and it is available in the repository there. On windows I really do not know. You could Google to see if there are any hits on mksquashfs and unsquashfs. That are the tools used on Linux.

You will need to find a version that supports XZ ( LZMA2) compression. That is the compression algorithm used in vegabean.
This is needed because otherwise the ROM does not fit in the /system partition.
7th August 2012, 03:42 PM |#20  
Flag NRW

Donate to Me
More
very nice!

7zip can do it under windows - unpack
9th August 2012, 06:13 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How can i do a donation?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread