[ROM][P6810][ICS]CM9 - Jelly Bean Edition -

Search This thread

zorbakun

Jul 19, 2009
Thanks a lot for that.
Bad news for me though, I thought this would fix the issue, but that means it only takes one mmc_cap_erase for it to corrupt your partitions everytime you wipe something, even if it's disbled in the kernel you run next :(

That doesn't make any sense, if you are already bricked and have corrupted emmc, then no kernel with MMC_CAP_ERASE or without can help, it's already bricked. but if your emmc is not bricked then a safe kernel is advised before any kind of wipes and you should be good even if you used a un-safe kernel before with MMC_CAP_ERASE & you didn't Brick.

Androguide.fr

Account currently disabled
Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
That doesn't make any sense, if you are already bricked and have corrupted emmc, then no kernel with MMC_CAP_ERASE or without can help, it's already bricked. but if your emmc is not bricked then a safe kernel is advised before any kind of wipes and you should be good even if you used a un-safe kernel before with MMC_CAP_ERASE & you didn't Brick.

I have been recovering my tab from brick like 25 times in the last 30 days.
In short this how I proceed to have it flashing and booting again (this is assuming you're on a P6810) :

in parted :

Code:
(parted) rm 8
(parted) rm 9
(parted) mkpartfs primary ext2 264 1137
(parted) name 8 FACTORYFS
(parted) mkpartfs primary ext2 1137 15300
(this mkpartfs will show an i/o error so I just reduce the /data size)
(parted) name 9 DATAFS

Then I format /system and /data in cwm to make the partitions ext4 format
Then i do
Code:
# e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
# e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
The e2fsck is clear at this stage (0.0% non-contiguous), as the partitions have just been created.
Here I can flash CM9 for instance and it will boot properly. But if I try to flash over again, then e2fsck will show ~30% of non-contiguous data in /system and/or /data and the tab won't boot nor flash till the end, so I have to redo the whole process.

I assure you i've been getting mad with this, especially when trying to test the mods i made to the original builds.
If you have a solution to that i'd be glad to hear it.

Last edited:

Steve_max

Nov 20, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I assure you i've been getting mad with this, especially when trying to test the mods i made to the original builds.
If you have a solution to that i'd be glad to hear it.

If you want a more definitive solution, you can try what this guy did. Basically, you stop using the damaged portion of the eMMC, and reduce the size of your usb storage partition (losing every piece of data in the process, obviously). It's extreme, but looks like it works. The guy posted a PIT for various devices including the P6800, but you should be able to adapt his idea to the P6810 (if you do so, maybe it's a good idea to send him a modified PIT to add to that post, or to post it here to help people who bricked their tabs).

Reactions: Androguide.fr

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
If you want a more definitive solution, you can try what this guy did. Basically, you stop using the damaged portion of the eMMC, and reduce the size of your usb storage partition (losing every piece of data in the process, obviously). It's extreme, but looks like it works. The guy posted a PIT for various devices including the P6800, but you should be able to adapt his idea to the P6810 (if you do so, maybe it's a good idea to send him a modified PIT to add to that post, or to post it here to help people who bricked their tabs).

Thanks for this thread, although the guy's method is quite similar to what i am doing, i have to try different start/end positions for each partition i have to move to find one where mkpartfs doesn't get stuck. that means dozens of recovery reboot and of wasted time...
Good idea to keep a PIT file of the tab after clean repartion, i'll give it a try it could be handy. Although not sure if posting it is a good idea as the emmc chip's bad sectors are likely to be different from a bricked tab to another.
I will try asking the OP if his/her device flashes and wipes fine now.

Btw for the P6800 testers : i am sorry i don't think i'll be able to provide the test build tonight as I'm not home. Tomorrow sure thing.

Last edited:

Axelman8

Aug 26, 2009
Rotterdam
Hi Androguide.fr

No hurry for the p6800 build .. tab works smoothly on my end, so i can wait.
I have everything stock, as it is perfect enough. Dont need a costum rom of ICS only, But ur rom with the JellyBean AdOns are interesting. Hope this rom will give it the expected JellyBean extra :) .

Regards,

Axelman

Josvaz

Feb 17, 2012
u could flash cm10 while waiting.. p6800 got google now working but too bad my wifi aint working so flashing back. must be hidden network unable.

Reactions: Axelman8

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Thanks, you should try Locerra's CM10, pretty much everything works on his build by now.
The real Jelly Bean feels a lot better than the pale imitation i made, I assure you.
However i'll make a p6800 build for you and other testers tomorrow, although this rom is now quite pointless if you ask me.

My next project is to try porting Paranoid Android using locerra's cm10 as a base. I'll need testers for that too

Last edited:

sladeywadey

Feb 18, 2012
does this rom provide hardware acceleration of videos? tried your CM10 based one and whilst very good, can't play my vids properly (slow or missing audio) etc.

Also this rom cannot be downloaded.

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
does this rom provide hardware acceleration of videos? tried your CM10 based one and whilst very good, can't play my vids properly (slow or missing audio) etc.

Also this rom cannot be downloaded.

Thanks, didn't see the link was already dead. I'll make mirrors.

For hardware acceleration, please check your build.prop for this line :
Code:
video.accelerate.hw=1
If it's not there, add it. (although I think I already added it to that rom).
Have you tried different video players ? Try mobo, mx, vplayer, vlc or else, you should find the one that works best for you.

sladeywadey

Feb 18, 2012
Thanks, didn't see the link was already dead. I'll make mirrors.

For hardware acceleration, please check your build.prop for this line :
Code:
video.accelerate.hw=1
If it's not there, add it. (although I think I already added it to that rom).
Have you tried different video players ? Try mobo, mx, vplayer, vlc or else, you should find the one that works best for you.

HW acceleration does not work in CM10 - this is proved by other people and the developer. and it never will unless the right codecs are implemented. Shame.

Is this the same position with your CM9 based rom regarding HW acceleration? If so I will save a download and use stock ICS which works codec-wise.

Also link still dead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made this rom for myself at the beginning but judging from the very low number of custom roms for P6810 I thought I might as well share it.
    This rom is based on the CM9 by Locerra (huge kudos to Locerra for his great work).
    I modified it to make it look and (somewhat) feel like JB, hope this helps you wait till Locerra's CM10 is at a daily driver stage. EDIT : it now is quite a daily-driver

List of Changes

- Added Jelly Bean Boot animation from the Nexus 7
    - Added Jelly Bean Animations
    - Added Jelly Bean Fonts
    - Added Google Now & Google Now Voice Search
    - Added Jelly Bean Lockscreen
    - Added Google Ears (JB music recognition widget)
    - Added Jelly Bean Wallpapers in Trebuchet (in "wallpapers" in the wallpaper picker)
    - Changed Default wallpaper to the most famous JB wallpaper
    - Added Jelly Bean Apps (Google Music, Magazines, Books, Gallery, FaceUnlock, Video editor...)
    - Added Jelly Bean Apollo Theme
    - Added Beats-Audio modified DSP Manager
    - Included latest ICS gapps
    - Included latest Solid Explorer, Flipboard, Maps & Street View, Chrome, maybe other apps...
    - Added a lot of build.prop tweaks
    - Included the wifi-hotfix provided in Locerra's thread

- Zipaligned

Known Issues

- The bootanimation might be buggy, don't worry if the animation is stuck, the tab is still booting.
    - Same as Locerra's CM9
    - Default wallpaper might be cut at first boot but changing to another and then back will fix it
    - Report if you find another

Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any kind of damage made to your device while flashing this rom, flash this at your very own risk.
    Always make sure you have a nandroid backup before flashing. Do not flash this rom on a P6800 (3G version), only P6810 !
    Be very careful with the Galaxy Tab 7.7, never format /system in CWM mounts & storages, our tab suffers from Super Brick MMC_CAP_ERASE bug.

(Writing a guide on how to revive a Superbricked galaxy tab 7.7, will publish in a few days...This bug really is a P.I.T.A...).

How to Install

If coming from another rom than CM9, i would recommend to wipe /data.
    If you come from Locerra's build then just :
    ¤ Wipe cache
    ¤ Wipe dalvik
    ¤ Flash the rom from CWM
    ¤ Reboot

Do not flash the gapps they are already included.

Download Here (Multiupload)
    Please feel free to make mirrors

Credits

- Locerra for bringing CM9 and CM10 to our lonely tab
    - ...Awesome... for Beats-Audio DSP Manager (thread here)
    - Mobint for Holo Locker (Play store link here)
    - Mr.Krypton for Google Now on ICS
    - I took some other add-ons from threads i can't remember. if I forgot you just let me know, i'll add you.

If you like the ROM please press the THANKS BUTTON
    Any chances of build for P6800? Would like to try. Thanks..

Sure no problem, if you are willing to test before i release it as I don't own this model, i can provide you with a P6800 test build like tomorrow.
    Think I am going to try this tonight..many thanks mate!

If I am coming from Locerra's CM9 do I need to do a full wipe?

No need to wipe, it should be ok if coming from Locerra's cm9.
    Great to see! P6800 too

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
    No need to wipe, it should be ok if coming from Locerra's cm9.

Great news thanks...will flash it this evening!