Found a desktop dock for the Aria

Search This thread

tekonus

Nov 10, 2010
So I've been looking for a nice desktop dock for the Aria so I can use it on my nightstand at night while charging. I don't like laying it flat on my nightstand cause having the speaker against the surface muffles the speaker, and I use it as an alarm clock most nights. I scoured about, but there aren't a lot of Aria specific accessories. Finally while searching google for "htc hd mini cradle" or something of the like I ran across this:
(i can't post links cause I'm new to xda, so you'll have to copy and paste it to your browser)
shop.htcpedia.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=996&compability_product=447

Looks nice, and it even SAYS it works with the Aria. That makes me wonder why it never showed up on my searches looking for Aria specific stuff... the picture has an Aria sitting in it lol. I ordered it up, and it wasn't as cheap as I would have liked. Came out to about $38 after shipping. I'll let you all know how I like it once it arrives early this week.

Gorilla800lbs

Jun 23, 2010
NYC
I got EXACTLY the same item on Ebay for $9 (plus $4 for shipping). It took about a week for it to arrive from Hong Kong.

There is a bright blue LED that light up when you place the phone in the craddle. When plugged, Aria sits snug and secure. There is an additional USB cable that can be plugged into PC for syncing.

Reactions: stellarhopper

qualnd

Jul 18, 2010
when i was looking for a dock i saw the one that you all are talking about and found this one and i think it looks better and it only 16.99 so i bought it, it was a while ago about a month

tekonus

Nov 10, 2010
I saw a few that charge an extra battery. That wasn't what I was looking for though. Just wanted something small, weighted, and functional.

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand
I got EXACTLY the same item on Ebay for $9 (plus $4 for shipping). It took about a week for it to arrive from Hong Kong.

There is a bright blue LED that light up when you place the phone in the craddle. When plugged, Aria sits snug and secure. There is an additional USB cable that can be plugged into PC for syncing.

Hi mate,

I have a Zagg invisishield (front and back) on the way for my Aria, I'd like to get a dock, but from your observations would you say its too tight already. Have I got no chance getting it into the dock with the shield on?

Gorilla800lbs

Jun 23, 2010
NYC
Sorry it took me awhile to get back to this thread!

I inspected the gaps between my Aria and the dock's cradle.

Obviosly, ZAGG film on the front is not creating any issues -- I have one myself! The film on the back could be more nuanced. The sides and the back have enough gap, however the bottom of the phone (where the micro USB port is) could be an issue. I tried wrapping two strips of brown-bag paper around the bottom of my phone, and it still goes into craddle securely and the USB port makes a solid connection.

However, we know that ZAGG film becomes a little bit "sticky" under warm conditions. I am not certain if the warmness of the battery and tight contact between the film on the phone and the dock may cause the film to stick just a little bit, which would make it be pulled away from the phone every time you're undocking it. Hopefully, this will not be an issue, so I would encourage you to try.

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand
Wow I thank you for informative reply. I didn't expect you to go to so much effort.

It is a great help, I think I might get one and try. Thanks mate.

Obviosly, ZAGG film on the front is not creating any issues -- I have one myself! The film on the back could be more nuanced. The sides and the back have enough gap, however the bottom of the phone (where the micro USB port is) could be an issue. I tried wrapping two strips of brown-bag paper around the bottom of my phone, and it still goes into craddle securely and the USB port makes a solid connection.

However, we know that ZAGG film becomes a little bit "sticky" under warm conditions. I am not certain if the warmness of the battery and tight contact between the film on the phone and the dock may cause the film to stick just a little bit, which would make it be pulled away from the phone every time you're undocking it. Hopefully, this will not be an issue, so I would encourage you to try.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA App

nikolo98

Aug 31, 2009
Shah Alam

Hi Gorilla800lbs, I found your information to be very useful. I have a different kind of back case and its really think... probably 1mm or slightly more..... do you think the phone will dock with this case attached?

Mediarocker

Feb 8, 2012
Is the build quality of the ebay one nice?

This is EXACTLY my concern. I know China manufacturers like to skimp on quality and workmanship sometimes. Often they will have counterfeit components and can cause serious issues with electronics. (I've replaced many a Taiwanese counterfeit capacitor)

Nothing against the nationality, just against build quality.

Can anyone vouch for it?

9eye

Jul 26, 2012
how difference with micro usb cable? i think it's work the same thing, charge+sync.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is cool, I going to get it. Thanks for the find. Looks really big, but it's all good.
    Is the build quality of the ebay one nice?