[Request] PDF unlocker [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
OK so I've searched and searched and have come up short all over the place. I'm looking for a program or app that bypass or allows me to edit a PDF file so that I can read it. The files I want to read are for my school. I have a password for them but no programs allow me to view them on my tablet. I want to be able to read them on the go. Any help at all will be much appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
OK so I've searched and searched and have come up short all over the place. I'm looking for a program or app that bypass or allows me to edit a PDF file so that I can read it. The files I want to read are for my school. I have a password for them but no programs allow me to view them on my tablet. I want to be able to read them on the go. Any help at all will be much appreciated

Can't you just remove the password on your computer then transfer it to your tablet?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Tried that, it still wants me to unlock it

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
Tried that, it still wants me to unlock it

You can't remove the password with a pdf reader. Adobe Acrobat allows you to remove the password and make the change permanent. Of course, Acrobat is not free. However, the pdf reader/viewer you are using should be prompting you to enter the password. Once entered, you should be able to view the file. Worst case? Download Adobe's own reader app from the play store.

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
You can't remove the password with a pdf reader. Adobe Acrobat allows you to remove the password and make the change permanent. Of course, Acrobat is not free. However, the pdf reader/viewer you are using should be prompting you to enter the password. Once entered, you should be able to view the file. Worst case? Download Adobe's own reader app from the play store.

Yea. I downloaded the trial version and when I went to copy everything it had a watermark all over it that said JOKA. so it didnt work

Reilly1812

Nov 23, 2011
West Long Branch, NJ
Your original post stated that you wanted to be able to read the pdf files. I've got password-protected files on my phone and tablet. Installed the Adobe reader app on both and it works like a champ. Yes, if you really want to edit and modify pdf files then you do need to look elsewhere. Not trying to bust your chops, but you need to be more exact in your post so your time and others are not wasted. :)

painkiller_93

Jan 5, 2012
Valladolid
Your original post stated that you wanted to be able to read the pdf files. I've got password-protected files on my phone and tablet. Installed the Adobe reader app on both and it works like a champ. Yes, if you really want to edit and modify pdf files then you do need to look elsewhere. Not trying to bust your chops, but you need to be more exact in your post so your time and others are not wasted. :)

+1 adobe reader works fine for me when reading password-protected files

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
It has to do with the DRM security of it. So found this program a couple of weeks ago and never got it to work properly as far as being able to unlock the book called PDF factory. It was a simple matter of print to file using adobe and printing to the program. Then it opens in PDF factory reader and I save as. It is a free trial version so it leaves a tiny watermark with a link to their website at the bottom of each page.

Hounge

Aug 8, 2012
It depends on a few things.however if you can email me the PDF I have had mostly success removing these passwords for transferring pdf's to my phone, i can't imagine it is that much different for tablets. I've got some perl scripts laying around somewhere.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app

merrysmithh

Apr 16, 2019
Softaken pdf unlocker is free tool and designed to unlock encrypted security and help to edit .This is a reliable and error free application and easy to handle. For more info visit this site :- Softaken unlock pdf files

JohnsonSmiths

Sep 5, 2019
Hi, There are many other users also who are facing the similar problem. Many times users are unable to copy, print, or edit the PDF document. Therefore, in such cases it becomes necessary for the user to have some applications like Softaken Unlock PDF Tool to unlock password protected PDF. With this software, user can remove security from PDF documents easily on any Windows OS.

demarquiss

Jun 12, 2020
To unlock PDF file security you can use Softaken PDF Unlocker Tool. A few days back I was also searching for the tool that can unlock and remove PDF restrictions. However, after a lot of searches, I came across this utility. It really helps me to remove restrictions from PDF documents and enable all PDF permissions, This software runs on all Windows systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.