FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking tool for Google Earth/GM Now avail for Android

2,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
15th July 2012, 09:34 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Updating gps position
Hi,

with regards to the server - It was just me being a muppet when setting it up!

Just another quickie though... I'm running trackme on the htc desire z. When tracking, the tracking only really updates every 30 seconds or so when the keep screen on option is selected. However, when the screen is off, it only updates every few minutes.

Is it the phone causing this?

Thanks

Luke

11th August 2012, 08:33 PM |#182  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Back to development!

Working on Pictures uploading and Automatic positions uploading for offline data!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to _LEM_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _LEM_ Ad-Free
23rd August 2012, 12:00 PM |#183  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Hi _Lem_

Could you explain to me how to fix on getting such bad GPS data ?
Here is a picture of what I get.

Here are my settings on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Android ICS 4.0.3

Minimum Distance 75m
Minimum Time 30sec
Minimum Accuracy 300m

Source
GPS Checked
Wifi and Cell Network Unchecked

Maybe I have something wrong.....

Maybe this question as been already asked, ''I hope not'' ....

Thank you for that nice piece of app _LEM_

JmCourir
23rd August 2012, 04:05 PM |#184  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcourir

Hi _Lem_

Could you explain to me how to fix on getting such bad GPS data ?
Here is a picture of what I get.

Here are my settings on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Android ICS 4.0.3

Minimum Distance 75m
Minimum Time 30sec
Minimum Accuracy 300m

Source
GPS Checked
Wifi and Cell Network Unchecked

Maybe I have something wrong.....

Maybe this question as been already asked, ''I hope not'' ....

Thank you for that nice piece of app _LEM_

JmCourir

Last time I saw that problem was with one of my old Windows Mobile devices.
However I have never seen that on a Windows Phone or Android device. Even if that happens it should be filtered out by the Accuracy parameter that you have.
So for some reason you are getting invalid positions with a good accuracy... very weird.

Are you using my server? If so, could you PM your username? I want to take a look at the positions in the database in case I see something wrong.

Thanks
23rd August 2012, 04:09 PM |#185  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
By the way, I need some help here...

My web hosting has recently been updated and for some reason the web viewer has stopped working.
As you guys know I didn't write it and I haven't heard from the developers in a long long time so it's hard for me to fix it.

The first fix that I made was to replace the function 'split' by 'preg_split' because it has been deprecated. Now I don't get any error messages but I don't see any positions.

Could anybody take a look at the index.php file in case you guys have any ideas?
I don't know what else to try!

Thanks
24th August 2012, 12:53 PM |#186  
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _LEM_

Last time I saw that problem was with one of my old Windows Mobile devices.
However I have never seen that on a Windows Phone or Android device. Even if that happens it should be filtered out by the Accuracy parameter that you have.
So for some reason you are getting invalid positions with a good accuracy... very weird.

Are you using my server? If so, could you PM your username? I want to take a look at the positions in the database in case I see something wrong.

Thanks

Hi _LEM_

This is from my server,

I PM you with the link of KML file link... Is that ok for you ?
Thanks for replying!

JmCourir
28th August 2012, 08:29 PM |#187  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
hey guys, I'm still trying to find the problem with the web viewer. It's driving me crazy... I updated PHP to 5.3 but still get shows no data.
Any ideas?
2nd September 2012, 08:16 PM |#188  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,188

More
Quote:

hey guys, I'm still trying to find the problem with the web viewer. It's driving me crazy... I updated PHP to 5.3 but still get shows no data.
Any ideas?

the old code, new code, when did this happen? Can you access web files to see if there are PHP errors?

Oops, just noticed your post from a week ago, I had missed it somehow.. Hmff, there has to be some error going on somewhere. Not sure if you can run the individual pieces directly with PHP or not, I'd think so, but might need to do a little more than just php index.php or such, might have to set up some kind of environment to emulate the web stuff (referer, parameters, etc, not sure)

I'm still on 5.2.10 here. Working okay, except the Map layer is slow, I think Google is slowing down the old Maps API. Converting it would be tedious so just haven't attempted it yet.
5th September 2012, 03:24 PM |#189  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Thanks. I have already spend a lot of time on this and I cannot find out why is not working. Not sure what else to try.
I will keep trying for a while but I don't really want to spend more time on this. If I cannot get this to work I'm afraid I will stop working on TrackMe. I really don't feel like writing a whole new viewer specially because nobody is contributing to this app anymore like it used to be before.
5th September 2012, 06:41 PM |#190  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,188

More
Quote:

Thanks. I have already spend a lot of time on this and I cannot find out why is not working. Not sure what else to try.
I will keep trying for a while but I don't really want to spend more time on this. If I cannot get this to work I'm afraid I will stop working on TrackMe. I really don't feel like writing a whole new viewer specially because nobody is contributing to this app anymore like it used to be before.

I wouldn't think a total rewrite would be necessary, but I understand what you mean. Do you think PHP 5.3.x caused the problem? I'll see if I can get a VM up with a 5.3.x system and get the viewer going on it.

I do know eventually the Maps API will need redoing, Google will deprecate it at some point. I've done a LITTLE Maps API stuff so I might look into it at some point. My server has quite a few changes from your base code, although at this point I don't even remember what they are specifically... Some export stuff, maybe an added php file or two to do some other stuff, independent of the viewer itself..

None the less I think most of the Maps API stuff is pretty well contained in the viewer from what I remember, and it shouldn't be too difficult to convert it.

I know I use it daily (various devices upload their location using Tasker, or CSV data from my track logger) and use the viewer probably weekly, and use the database itself every time I do photography (geotagging) and often use it to export data from my cycling to draw maps etc. So either way, I won't be giving up on it, I just gotta do some testing on 5.3.x and see if I can resolve what's going on.

If you don't hear from me in a few days, feel free to PM me to remind me.
5th September 2012, 07:00 PM |#191  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
khaytsus,

Thanks a lot for your help. The server was running PHP 4.0 when it stopped working. My web hosting must have done something because suddenly we got that "deprecated" error message with the split function. I replaced that function with preg_split and now I don't get the error, but no points are shown on the screen. My provider had an option to upgrade it, so I did to 5.3. However same problem. No points are drawn on the map.

I already have started getting some negative feedback on the Android marketplace because new users think this doesn't work. Kind of frustrating... I had to disable the viewer for now. Probably the error is something silly but I'm not too familiar with PHP so it makes it very difficult for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)