[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Search This thread

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Now that quite unfair. CM for our tabs is uncomparably worse than any other and there's like 80% of people that use stock roms or customs built on stock.
Yeah, but why abandon so many users?

Its not fair to expect someone to be doing what you want and work for free. If you think its that big of a problem, learn to build from source, all the tools and info to do so is available on the web with instructions to build are posted in this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: guih and AceTrader

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
CM9 is considered stable for most devices, meaning CM9 itself has reached EOL. Our CM9 will be considered stable once the front facing camera is working,and no further development outside of a major bugfix will happen upstream. Since our only real issue is the FFC, which is device specific and kernel driven, I'm sure pershoot will get it working, but the ROM side of CM9 is done (which he didn't mess with anyway)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda app-developers app

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I don't think they're abandoning anyone. It's an older device with few active developments going on. Especially development for older software. Jelly bean is the only way to keep this current.
Or relevant, I should say.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly! No abandonment. The work pershoot does for CM can be used for TW. All devs for any devices, they do this as their own project and we are lucky to have them share with the community.

Pershoot is working day and night if you look at his github, to make this tablet run the best it can with a gimped processor. This tablet would be nothing without his work.

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Now that quite unfair. CM for our tabs is uncomparably worse than any other and there's like 80% of people that use stock roms or customs built on stock.

How worse? I run cm9 on my gnex my Gnote and my LG, stock on tab for now until everything works on cm9/10 but I can't find a single difference between the above mentioned devices

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Toldo

Its not fair to expect someone to be doing what you want and work for free. If you think its that big of a problem, learn to build from source, all the tools and info to do so is available on the web with instructions to build are posted in this thread.

We meet again sir. Last time you told me stop moaning and cook a rom. I did that. Now you tell me to make my own kernel. What's next? You'll tell me to make my own device? Funny. No offence though.

What I'm saying is, pershoot made a name for himself and his kernels, and again not everyone chooses to use CM. And GTab is not old (in electronics meaning, of course, it was old two months after releasing but that's not the point) and as long as we keep getting official updates one cannot put GTab into the "graveyard". If pershoot maintains his decision, that will be a pity. But still, I'm just a user. I can't expect anything like someone said earlier.

Reactions: thomkat and XTeK2

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
We meet again sir. Last time you told me stop moaning and cook a rom. I did that. Now you tell me to make my own kernel. What's next? You'll tell me to make my own device? Funny. No offence though.

What I'm saying is, pershoot made a name for himself and his kernels, and again not everyone chooses to use CM. And GTab is not old (in electronics meaning, of course, it was old two months after releasing but that's not the point) and as long as we keep getting official updates one cannot put GTab into the "graveyard". If pershoot maintains his decision, that will be a pity. But still, I'm just a user. I can't expect anything like someone said earlier.

I've had my gtab since the second week of US release, so early it came unlocked. Pershoot has never made a rom, and even now he's compiling the cm builds, but not Modding them. He's said he will finish up the ffc for cm9 ics, but that's it. Task may decide to take it up, but at the moment its altered stock.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA

Funny! If you do make sure Apple can't sue you! ;)

I agree, I actually like TW and using it on the GTab, but it is not for everyone. That is what is great about the community is choices. Pershoot will be updating and maintaining his github so a kernel can be made if one chooses. Its not going away, like pershoot wrote,
i probably will not support the stock rom. just CM. however my sources (as always) will be available, and someone can take that work and make it run well against the stock rom.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
as discussed, i will be making one stable 3.1 kernel for cm9 (ics) so it can go to stable status (i.e. all functionality in tact) then development will move to jellybean (cm10).

i 'may' create a one-time kernel, non supported for TW ICS, but that is low on the list.

Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008

you're joking right? CM is awesome and sings on this tab for the most part. dont forget, this tab had ICS back in december, and you're just now getting ICS touchwiz (which still does not have a US release). this is getting ICS running without any official parts (which adds to the small quirks). in 7-8 months you may get jellybean touchwiz, but i doubt it.

this tab is 1 year old, and the SOC close to 1.5-2 yrs old. one cannot expect it to run like a nex 7, for example. once those expectations are lowered, then it can be enjoyed for what it is.

Last edited:

guih

Jan 5, 2011
as discussed, i will be making one stable 3.1 kernel for cm9 (ics) so it can go to stable status (i.e. all functionality in tact) then development will move to jellybean (cm10).

i 'may' create a one-time kernel, non supported for TW ICS, but that is low on the list.

So very excited for everything :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

CazeW

Nov 14, 2008

I completely understand if you decide not to make a kernel for TW ICS, but even a non supported one would be welcome. Makes me wish though that I knew something about kernel development so that I could compile it myself.

PaintDrinkingPete

May 9, 2011

Not to beat a dead horse, but "fair" really doesn't play into it. If Pershoot (or any other independent dev on this site) were being paid to produce a certain product, that would be one thing, but no one working for free is obligated to provide anything. It may be disappointing to you, and that's absolutely fine, but it's really not a matter of fair or unfair. To quote Dennis Leary, "life sucks, get a helmet". Anyway, not flaming or anything, just my 2¢.

Now, having said that, I have to disagree with the other statement as well. I've been running CM9 on my tablet since about mid-march, and with the exception of the camera (which I never use anyway), I've been very happy with it. In fact, installing CM9 turned my GTab 10.1 from a device I picked up and used every now and then when I needed something portable, into a really awesome tablet I use all the time. I actually installed the TW ICS update a few days ago just to check it out, and 2 days later flashed my nandroid back to CM9 because I simply like it better. Now, that may just be my personal opinion, but none-the-less, I certainly wouldn't call it "uncomparably worse" ... especially not at this stage in the game.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not planning on moving to cm10 next year. I'll try to get all tabs up on 10 by end of next week.
    this weekend ill have rom updates for cm9/10, then ill work towards getting everything uploaded in to mainline, while i wait for newer sources from samsung.

going to try to get another update out either tonight or tomorrow. want to update/patch more things.

pershoot neva sleeps! hehe.