Battery replacement?

Search This thread

painkiller_93

Jan 5, 2012
Valladolid
I'm wondering If someone knows about batteries for our Folio 100? maybe any with more mAh than the original?

Last edited:

Limusin

Mar 13, 2011
I found some baterys on ebay...... they looked kind of "strange" so I decided to keep searching.... nothing so far

Reactions: -Nacho

habaskeba

May 15, 2012
Battery life fix from 2,5 hours to 5,5 hours!

I bought a used folio and in the original OS it had battery life of 2,5 hours after couple of complete charges. I then installed ICS CM9 and no change in battery life, the device shut itself off after 2,5 hrs.

Well after Googling I decided to try the battery stats reset in CWM. After 100% charge I did the battery stats reset in CWM and went to ICS to test the battery. After about 2,5 hours battery meter was showing 6%. 3hrs still 6%. 4hrs still 6%. 5hrs still 6%. Only after about 5,5hrs it dropped to 5% and about 15mins after that it was 1% and my device shut itself off. What an improvement! And I was using wlan and watching videos etc practically the whole time!

To fix the battery meter showing 6% for several hours I have used the device many times from 100% to lower than 6% and then charging the folio with power on. Now it shows 6% only for 45mins or so and I bet after couple more cycles it will be perfect! Then ill run it to 0% once more to be sure to make use of the whole battery.

So before you buy a new battery this is definately worth a try.

PS. You don't want to drain the battery to 0 % very often because this too will have a negative effect on battery life. Maybe once every 20 cycles is ok.

masual

Jul 12, 2010
Santiago
Wow, I'll try to reset it on CWM and see what happens. With a normal use is lasting about 3 hours before shutting down.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found some baterys on ebay...... they looked kind of "strange" so I decided to keep searching.... nothing so far