US GT-P7510 Wifi ICS Upgrade Rolling Out Now

Search This thread

LiverpoolFCfan

Dec 8, 2006
Dublin
For peeps that didn't use the UK version, I just looked at my tab and noticed I had the message. :)

Have you managed to download it, and verify if you got ICS ?

I was chatting online with Samsung support about the availability of the download, and checked checkfusdownloader while I was online and founf the update - but the support person says it is not an ICS update. I hope they just don't know what they are talking about.

Visitor: Product Code: GT-P7510UWCXAB Latest firmware: P7510UELPL/P7510XABLPL/P7510UELPL/P7510UELPL Modified: 08/08/2012 10:54:47 Filename: GT-P7510_XAB_1_20120808105431_sr3nx29c5t.zip.enc2
Visitor: Can you please tell me if this contains 4.0.4 - or is it just another 3.2 update
Smith: Its just a update to the version you have on the Tab.
Visitor: containing what exactly ?
Smith: We do not have the information on the update as it is through air.
Visitor: so it could be 4.0.4 then - you just don't know
Smith: It is not 4.

EDIT: sammobile have it uploaded now - so it looks like it is finally here ... now if only I had my TAB with me

Last edited:

bbeelzebub

May 11, 2010
Beverly Hills, CA
Oh, sorry for the delay. It took a while to download and then I was playing with it.

For those curious:

Build Number- IMM76D.UELPL

I must say, This thing runs soooooooooooo much better. It also feels a bit more cohesive with my SG3. I think I'll keep it stock for a while. Also, I notice I can uninstall the bloat they included with it originally now. Not just hide, but remove Amazon, Kindle, etc. crud that I don't think I could before. Would be nice to add smart stay, Allshare Play, and face unlock eventually. I'm a little spoiled with some of the things on my SG3.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrodd77

Jacksmyname

Aug 5, 2012
Checked mine a few hours ago, got update available.
Did a reset for a clean update.
Now when I check, no update available.
Checked my wife's tab, same thing, not available.
Checked some other forums and some are also getting not available.
Could Samsung be staggering the update to keep the servers from getting overloaded?

mrsbelpit

Oct 13, 2010
Is anyone else getting "Your device is not compatible" with Chrome? What the hell? It's 4.0.4 :(

edit:cleared market data and it's available :)

Last edited:

Pmac25

Jul 14, 2010
MPLS
If you are not seeing the update try hooking up to Kies

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

cameraz

Feb 3, 2011
Did anybody get an OTA update?

Is ICS coming OTA or via Kies? I live in Mass. and as of 11:30 a.m. on 8/13 my tab says there is no update available. I rather not have to bother with Kies, so I'll wait awhile longer.

mrsbelpit

Oct 13, 2010
^My update notification popped up as soon as I unlocked my Tab this morning.

I've been stuck on stock due to lots of ffc use, and thank Christ the keyboard lag is fixed. It's like a new tablet.

Joe T

Nov 18, 2010
Fingerlakes, NY
Any advantage to going from the UK version to the US version? I live in the US, but flashed the UK version a while back... is there even a difference?

supraman89

Jul 29, 2010
San Antonio
Just my luck, android 4.0 for the tablet is released and suddenly kies stops working and won't recognize my tab, and i also get "No update available"

guardian855

Aug 10, 2010
I plugged it into my computer and the update was available through Kies. Took about 30 minutes for the update to complete, and so far I am liking it.

valgaav

Aug 1, 2012
I have the US GT-P7510 flashed with the ICS 4.0.4 UK version, is it possible to install the US ICS over the UK version using Odin, or do I have to rollback to HC 3.2 then flash this new ICS?

elitecmdr666

Feb 22, 2011
Utuado
ok its official ICS IS HERE, i was using custom roms but then decide to go to stock i was using ROM HTJ85B.UEKMP i try to use the update from within the tablet but did not work as soon as i connected the tablet to kies bam updating and now its official ICS is here, after the update everything just ran by itself no need to clear nothing. pass the word around and if anyone has the ability to actual rip the whole rom off please do so cause i know for many kies does not work. it was a long wait but its here

crsierra

Feb 24, 2011
I gave up on the OTA update as it has said no update available all morning. Currently connected to Kies and performing the upgrade. Crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly.

elitecmdr666

Feb 22, 2011
Utuado
I have the US GT-P7510 flashed with the ICS 4.0.4 UK version, is it possible to install the US ICS over the UK version using Odin, or do I have to rollback to HC 3.2 then flash this new ICS?

dont know about flashing over but if you want search in the GT10 forums and look for stock rom HTJ85B.UEKMP once you do that through odin reboot the tablet then connect to kies and you should be ok. thats what i would do hope this helps cause that what i did and everything worked fine for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For peeps that didn't use the UK version, I just looked at my tab and noticed I had the message. :)
    I've got the GT-7510 Wifi model, still no update here in TX.
    So I installed this version and the funny thing is that /system/build.prop still says ro.product.locale.region=GB instead of ro.product.locale.region=US and same with the CCODE in /system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt.

This was made available to me by Maplesyrup so all thanks to him...

Did you use kies...if not You'll need to flash it with Odin. This is the direct link (in case you don't have an account or don't want to register for one at sammobile): http://www.hotfile.com/dl/166744987/062f22d/P7510UELPL_P7510XABLPL_XAB.zip.html

Sent from my GT-7510 Stock ICS ROM 4.0.4 using XDA Premium
    Oh, sorry for the delay. It took a while to download and then I was playing with it.

For those curious:

Build Number- IMM76D.UELPL

I must say, This thing runs soooooooooooo much better. It also feels a bit more cohesive with my SG3. I think I'll keep it stock for a while. Also, I notice I can uninstall the bloat they included with it originally now. Not just hide, but remove Amazon, Kindle, etc. crud that I don't think I could before. Would be nice to add smart stay, Allshare Play, and face unlock eventually. I'm a little spoiled with some of the things on my SG3.
    You clearly have no clue what an enormous undertaking this software update roll out is. Samsung said they would have all devices updated by the end of August and I am sure they are working hard to accomplish that.

I have worked at Major Software companies (even at the biggest ones) for many decades and I know perfectly well how much work it would be, and the staggering of releases in the name of bandwidth, but next week is almost the end of August, so for that reason I will only give them a week.
    After releasing (or being in the process of) ICS for the US market, and with the minor differences between the US and Canuck release, it would be a minor effort to start the Canadian Roll-out in parallel.

I have been a software engineer (developing, porting, enhancing, patching and releasing major products for the largest DB company, amongst others, using [M]ASM, C and C++) for most of my life, so I have been there, and still I expect a planned and scheduled roll-out process from such a major player.

Yes, they have many products, but the GTab was (yep, "was") their flagship and they should try to appease their install-base, showing a professional attitude in getting their SW-releases out.

So, for that reason I expect them to be able to deliver... Is that too much to expect?