One week with Phone and delighted.

Search This thread

lif3mouldnn

Nov 3, 2010
Hi
just had the phone for a week.
After reading the forum, was undecided but took the pliunge.
Previously I had a Desire HD and before that a HTC windows 6 phone. never had any problems with any of them.

Good:
Battery life is much better than my Desire HD get approx 2 days use, before I need to chage. However I charge overnight on my bedside table anyway.

Have no problems with build quality.

Sound is good and loud.

Have not experienced any problems with lag.

Camera takes stunning photos if plenty of light.

The screen is amazingly good.

Not so Good.
Face detection is a bit hit and miss.

I still dont have my dropbox storage.

Orange want £20 to unlock my desireHD. Robbing gits. Can someone tell me how to do it for free. Failing that can get it done for a tenner at my local market.

Nigel.

averygagaanroid

Jul 28, 2012
Hi
just had the phone for a week.
After reading the forum, was undecided but took the pliunge.
Previously I had a Desire HD and before that a HTC windows 6 phone. never had any problems with any of them.

Good:
Battery life is much better than my Desire HD get approx 2 days use, before I need to chage. However I charge overnight on my bedside table anyway.

Have no problems with build quality.

Sound is good and loud.

Have not experienced any problems with lag.

Camera takes stunning photos if plenty of light.

The screen is amazingly good.

Not so Good.
Face detection is a bit hit and miss.

I still dont have my dropbox storage.

Orange want £20 to unlock my desireHD. Robbing gits. Can someone tell me how to do it for free. Failing that can get it done for a tenner at my local market.

Nigel.

Lucky you. But given that a lot of people's devices didnt manifest the issues until a few months after they purchased them, I reckon you should still be cautious.
Anyway enjoy it.

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
Agree with you, been the same for me. HTC one x is a real masterpiece. Also I realized that to utilize this beast in its full potential, you need to be rooted. However in the current scenario, you have to stay unrooted for at least 10 days to make sure all's well then root.

danjamand

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The HOX is fantastic. I am thoroughly pleased with the phone. I upgraded from a DHD and I feel like the HOX unleashes the potential that the DHD hinted at. I can't wait to see what will be next. I agree with the previous posts though, you wont get anywhere near the phone potential until you root it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

B3r3av3d

Aug 10, 2012
Karlsruhe
What's your problem with the dropbox storage?

For me it wasn't really clear at which point I acutally got my extra storage, but it worked. If you google it you will find a lot of different tips on what you can try to get the storage like watching the video in the app, and finishing all the steps: http://www.dropbox.com/gs

or even enabling photo upload and waiting for it to finish.