What heaphones are everyone using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tylerdurdin

Sep 30, 2010
New York
Seems you've already made your mind up to sell 'em, but if you try 'em on you might change your mind. :)

I bought 'em to replace my old, broken, and more expensive Shure in-ears, and the Klipsch S4's sound just about as good, with a tad more bass than flat (though nowhere near the amount of bass that gimmicky Beats headphones drown you in).

I'd still recommend the S4's as the best bang/buck, but my next pair will probably be the more expensive Etymotic or Shure's again.

The Klipsch S4's are also still rated #1 by Headphone.com btw

I have used ALOT of headphones and although I do not believe iBeats are superior to many, I also think that they are a VERY nice sounding headphone, especially if you like bass. They can be made to sound really nice with DSP Manager....I think Beats are discriminated against based on the marketing but overall are a huge upgrade coming from a set of stock or even intermediately priced headphones.

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
I have used ALOT of headphones and although I do not believe iBeats are superior to many, I also think that they are a VERY nice sounding headphone, especially if you like bass. They can be made to sound really nice with DSP Manager....I think Beats are discriminated against based on the marketing but overall are a huge upgrade coming from a set of stock or even intermediately priced headphones.

To each their own. I just prefer a more neutral, natural sound by default.

(There's no denying that bass-heavy music with near-zero dynamic range is what's popular though :) )

mr.almeida

Jun 15, 2010
I use the Klipsch S4 I got them at Best Buy last year for $50 as they were on sale. I'd wait it out until Black Friday and they'll probably go on sale again.

modest_mandroid

May 23, 2010
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro here. Night and day compared to the bundled headphones. A bit expensive ($400 msrp?), but you can find them heavily marked down at certain retailers. I got mine for ~$160 and they're worth every penny.

AKG K701's are awesome too for headphones you keep in your home.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
S3 --> HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp --> Beyerdynamic T5p. Audio heaven, or at least it will be next week when the T5p and PICO arrive.

Up until then S3 --> FiiO E7 --> Sennheiser HD25-1 II or ACS T15.

mms6

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro here. Night and day compared to the bundled headphones. A bit expensive ($400 msrp?), but you can find them heavily marked down at certain retailers. I got mine for ~$160 and they're worth every penny.

AKG K701's are awesome too for headphones you keep in your home.

I prefer my K702s or my Q701s anyday.. Mainly for detachable cable and Q701's warmth..

Q701 is slightly easier to drive, I can plug it into my phone or my DAC without an amp and get decent volume and clarity..

But it is way too big and expensive to be wearing it outside (I might get robbed or knifed for wearing it in public) lol.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
I prefer my K702s or my Q701s anyday.. Mainly for detachable cable and Q701's warmth..

Q701 is slightly easier to drive, I can plug it into my phone or my DAC without an amp and get decent volume and clarity..

But it is way too big and expensive to be wearing it outside (I might get robbed or knifed for wearing it in public) lol.

Man, I like my Q701s, but would not be a headphone I'd recommend for phone use at all. Too hard to drive to be usable without a headphone amp for me, and being open backed makes them entirely inappropriate for on-the-go use (which presumably is what most S3 music listeners will be doing a fair amount of).

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
S3 --> HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp --> Beyerdynamic T5p. Audio heaven, or at least it will be next week when the T5p and PICO arrive.

Up until then S3 --> FiiO E7 --> Sennheiser HD25-1 II or ACS T15.

I have the FiiO e7 desktop amp too, and it's great except for one major problem: with two inputs going in through a Y-connector stero hub, when one plays a sound, it drops the volume of the combined audio for both. (Not really the amp's fault, though)

71171.jpg

Does anyone make a powered 3.5mm stereo hub that'll keep the same volume level no matter how many lines are connected?

mms6

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Man, I like my Q701s, but would not be a headphone I'd recommend for phone use at all. Too hard to drive to be usable without a headphone amp for me, and being open backed makes them entirely inappropriate for on-the-go use (which presumably is what most S3 music listeners will be doing a fair amount of).

Not just slightly hard to drive especially for the GS3 and open back, but also like I stated it is too big lol and looks weird in public, also slightly heavy, and the leather band ruins my hairstyle especially if I have it spiky (band nubs digging into my head is not really an issue for me as my hair is very thick...)

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
I just picked up at pair of the Bose MIE2's.....they are very good

Never thought the higher end earbuds were worth it until I got a great deal on some Bose IE2 headphones. Awesome sound quality. Thinking about picking up a set of the new MIE2 headphones (for music and phone calls).

I just grabbed a pair of the MIE2's with the mic and earfins and they fit and sound excellent. Also the mic works which is what I need!

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Not just slightly hard to drive especially for the GS3 and open back, but also like I stated it is too big lol and looks weird in public, also slightly heavy, and the leather band ruins my hairstyle especially if I have it spiky (band nubs digging into my head is not really an issue for me as my hair is very thick...)

I find them ultra-comfortable, and nothing about my hair style deserves preserving, so neither of those are bothers for me. I will readily admit that it is not normal to feel comfortable wearing full-size cans in public though, even though I do ;)

Main issue for me is actually the sound leakage for on the go use (since the hard-to-drive bit I can take care of with the PICO).

Last edited:

inscythe

Dec 22, 2010
OnePlus 6
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Bought a pair of these a while back from some opinions read elsewhere and have been very pleased. Great bang for your buck.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-M9-BK-Sound-Isolating-Headphones-Generation/dp/B0038W0K1G

nice link! i was really looking for earphones with braided cable. at the moment, I'm using Creative WP-350 Bluetooth headphone... sounds quite awesome, but kinda regretted buying it just a few weeks before WP-450 model is out....

awaken13

Sep 24, 2010
Yuin PK3s for when im out and about. Audio-Technica ATH-M50S otherwise.

Pretty happy with how well this phone drives the ATH-M50S.

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
I switch it up between my Phonak PFEs, Meelec CC51Ps and AKG K450 on a daily basis for my mobile listening. Once in awhile Ill use my AKG K240s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well that's great.... I know five DJs personally and their rigs sound like crap to me.... While they find that it sounds amazing. I set up home theatres and my house is full of audio and surround sound, that I have set up personally for me. Many customers require a completely different sound to their theatres.... So who's wrong?

You can only have opinion of what sounds good.... My beats in ears sound as good or better than any other set I have. My opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

I've compared the $300 beats to my $100 Audiotechnica ATH-50s and its not even close. The audiotechnica's are miles ahead of the beats. Also the beats require batteries, so basically Dr. Dre/and the beats marketing team are geniuses. They've somehow taken a product that's 4X as expensive as it should be AND requires batteries and made it one of the hottest selling headphones.

As my dad would say this is just an IQ test, if you purchase a pair of Beats you fail.
    I use Beats By Dre Studio Headphones, LOVE THEM :D:D:D:D! Also have a pair of in-ear Skull Candies I paid $30 for at AT&T and the sound quality is :good: REALLY :good: good for the price.

OdBDebS.jpg
    I'm using the Paradigm shift E3M
    JVC HAFX101 for $15, you can't beat em.
    I use a.set of Kilpsh S4. They seem to work really well. Very crisp.