Thanks Meter: 65

By SuperMini, Junior Member on 10th May 2011, 08:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2012, 03:10 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyace152

LOL....And I think this thread was copied from this original thread in Android Forums: http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...alaxy-ace.html which is dated April 2011.

congrats that is thread by pujit on May 29 ..
anyway moderator haven't moved since ages so its useless to talk about that now
The Following User Says Thank You to madman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madman Ad-Free

15th April 2012, 07:00 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isnwinyetra

my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager

You cant use rom manager on samsung galaxy ace, I THINK this is a permanent brick, try sending back to the store, and say that ODIN crashed when you were flashing android 2.3.7 on your phone, this should work.
6th June 2012, 12:20 AM |#103  
Flag Funchal
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb
This brick and many other kind of bricks when Download Mode doesn't works are repairable with JTAG.

You can find it on Ebay, for example here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320920097238)

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by isnwinyetra

my phone brick after flashing CWM from ROM manager and I've wrong choose phone type and then go to the phone shutdown (try to go to recovery mode). and the phone won't be turn on. I try this thread but did not work, my phone is won't show the download screen but it was detected by ODIN v4.38 and the yellow bar shown. But it was stuck on

<1> setup connection..

I try 3 file tar and 1 file Tar (one package) firmware just the same stuck on it.

please somebody help for the solution....

Thanks,

25th June 2012, 05:23 AM |#104  
Flag Bogotá
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMini

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me .

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash (in my case was gingerbread 2.3.3) and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery and connect your galaxy ace to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your SG Ace ( Yellow rectangle should appear);

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life.

Get the roms from sammobile site.

Be sure that you download de correct firmware for your device version.

4. Insert battery holding Volume down + Power + Home
The Following User Says Thank You to arperalta3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arperalta3 Ad-Free
14th August 2012, 11:26 PM |#105  
Flag Bocholtz (limburg)
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross231

You cant use rom manager on samsung galaxy ace, I THINK this is a permanent brick, try sending back to the store, and say that ODIN crashed when you were flashing android 2.3.7 on your phone, this should work.

That's probably the most stupid thing to say if you want them to fix your phone -. -

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to AaronvAce For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AaronvAce Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 04:54 AM |#106  
Flag Killpue
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronvAce

That's probably the most stupid thing to say if you want them to fix your phone -. -

I hard bricked my phone once with rom manager, "it fries " the motherboard, so i sent it for guarantee to technical service and i told them that i was listening music and suddenly the phone turned off. The change it for a new one
P.D: show yourself as a noob that only uses the phone for music and facebook
If you say that odin thing, dude then forget inmediately any chance of guarantee repair cause flashing or do all those things that we do with our aces are not covered by guarantee, its obvious btw dont you think?
PD: remember soft brick like bootloops etc, can be fixed flashing again.
Hard brick like phone doesnt turn on, i mean really dead = dead motherboard or something like that

The Following User Says Thank You to agr3ss0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agr3ss0r Ad-Free
24th August 2012, 09:54 AM |#107  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 18

More
did you use the F. Reset time? 200 sec is too long, and i think it's useless, because when i untick the F reset time, nothing affects my phone after flashing.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by agr3ss0r

I hard bricked my phone once with rom manager, "it fries " the motherboard, so i sent it for guarantee to technical service and i told them that i was listening music and suddenly the phone turned off. The change it for a new one
P.D: show yourself as a noob that only uses the phone for music and facebook
If you say that odin thing, dude then forget inmediately any chance of guarantee repair cause flashing or do all those things that we do with our aces are not covered by guarantee, its obvious btw dont you think?
PD: remember soft brick like bootloops etc, can be fixed flashing again.
Hard brick like phone doesnt turn on, i mean really dead = dead motherboard or something like that

hell no, the technical service believe you? how lucky
rom manager is the arch enemy of nearly all android phones (cmiiw) so stay away my first ace (yes i bought it twice) was dead because that stupid app, and that time i was stupid.
31st October 2012, 05:37 PM |#108  
Flag Ogre
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Odin see my phone...shows added, but when i try to upload tar file it just stuck on SetupConnection
12th November 2012, 02:44 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cannot find the ops file
Hi guys,

I just cannot find the right .ops file.
Ive got an samsung galaxy ace but everywhere i search the file is missing or deleted because theres an error or something.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE
12th November 2012, 02:52 PM |#110  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Cooper ops file:
http://db.tt/jgXJcjzG

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-S5830-ről
22nd November 2012, 02:55 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hey Guys,
My friend gave me his Ace when he tried to root it or something, and bricked it. I have had some experience with the S3 and the COBY Kyros tablet. I know how to do this, I just do not know where to find the firmware to use in Odin. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I know it says to use sammobile, but I have been looking on there, even made an account, and cannot seem to find what I need.

Could someone please help me out?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unbrick galaxy ace

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)