FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you want me to change the Boot Animation ?

Yes

56 Vote(s)
70.89%
No

23 Vote(s)
29.11%

[DISCONTINUED] Nexus 7.7 - v1.3 - 14-08-2012

2,057 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,278

Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2012, 09:17 AM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 549

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adinis78

I did on loceras CM10 and same issue

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

Your videos most probably relies on closed source codecs that only exist in stock Samsung roms. That means it won't ever be "fixed" in CM, no matter how many times you ask.

15th August 2012, 10:06 AM |#232  
Flag London, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Muchhh better than ics and hc .im just pointing it out tho not complaining !
15th August 2012, 10:50 AM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
p6810
Installed on P6810 And I love the tvdpi from nexus 7.

Gonna have to flash back to stock though, because it doesn't share internet via bluetooth tethering to my S3 (same issue exists in locerra' s original)

Wifi hotspot takes a toll on battery on both devices.
15th August 2012, 11:07 AM |#234  
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Installed v1.3 on my P6810 and haven't had any daily driver functional problems (that i use it for). Videos work, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and even Zen Bound 2.. Actually all apps i have installed work! By the way, i use Dice player for videos, does smb streaming too, there hasn't been much mention about it..

Keep up the good work

Cheers
Sunny

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda app-developers app
15th August 2012, 02:29 PM |#235  
Flag Harrison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller

Your videos most probably relies on closed source codecs that only exist in stock Samsung roms. That means it won't ever be "fixed" in CM, no matter how many times you ask.

So if many other people have the same issue and the devs acknowledge the issue they still will not fix the issue, I don't see how this is helpful. I guess those of us are SOL and we just have to deal with it and just move on.

PS. Is there anyway to just install the codecs for those of us that need them? If they will not implement them as an official part of the custom rom maybe having the option to install them should be available just as they offer the gapps to be flashed separately.

15th August 2012, 02:44 PM |#236  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adinis78

So if many other people have the same issue and the devs acknowledge the issue they still will not fix the issue, I don't see how this is helpful. I guess those of us are SOL and we just have to deal with it and just move on.

PS. Is there anyway to just install the codecs for those of us that need them? If they will not implement them as an official part of the custom rom maybe having the option to install them should be available just as they offer the gapps to be flashed separately.

You're not sol. You have the option to redo your movies in h.264 in a mp4 or mkv container. You can even throw dts audio in there and bs player will handle them no prob on cm builds. I know this may take a lot of time but I believe if things can be remedied by us users in any way, then we should do it.
15th August 2012, 03:25 PM |#237  
Flag Harrison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmeesay

You're not sol. You have the option to redo your movies in h.264 in a mp4 or mkv container. You can even throw dts audio in there and bs player will handle them no prob on cm builds. I know this may take a lot of time but I believe if things can be remedied by us users in any way, then we should do it.

Yeah I have started working on one of them to test out and see how it goes. My Library is not the big so I guess it's not that bad. If the one video works then ill get to work on the other ones.

15th August 2012, 03:30 PM |#238  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
so if i have done my research, this rom is the only way to get JellyBean on tab 7.7
(other than the unstable CM10 port)?

what's the easiest way to flash CWM on this tab? (i suppose there are no toolkits like for galaxy nexus )
15th August 2012, 04:19 PM |#239  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Just wondering, is there any dpi that is quite stable that's lower than 160?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app
15th August 2012, 04:24 PM |#240  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lyon, France
Thanks Meter: 7,278

Donate to Me
More
OK guys, the Paranoid Android porting is going better than I thought. Still lots of bugs but at least it boots.

I guess you can expect a (very) experimental public release within a few days. Stay tuned !
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Androguide.fr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Androguide.fr Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 04:44 PM |#241  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androguide.fr

OK guys, the Paranoid Android porting is going better than I thought. Still lots of bugs but at least it boots.

I guess you can expect a (very) experimental public release within a few days. Stay tuned !

Fighting !!!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)