[MOD] 15 Toggles in ICS blue for the AT&T S3 plus Tether Bypass and Bluetooth Tether

Search This thread

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
As far as I know it only works on deodexed roms (someone daring could try to install on a stock rom though after doing a nandroid, and don't forget to edit the install script so it deletes the unneeded ODEX files, otherwise it's gonna crash!)

A modified version actually does work on an odexed stock rom. I am currently using one created for Rogers here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1831988

Not sure if this will work on AT&T, but can't see why not.

Reactions: joemommasfat

electron73

Mar 17, 2007
Vegas, baby!
Since electron continually passes around AndroidGX's work (w/o first talking to him), he should probably also link you guys to the different addons AndroidGX has made for the toggles in ICS blue (designed by AndroidGX, not electron) to have 5, 6, 7 toggles shown at a time w/ or w/o text - I'll leave that for him.

Ah, you are that douche bag who caused all that stir in the Verizon toggle thread, eh? Back again here to post unverified assumptions, trying to look down on and play down other people's work?? I haven't seen YOU post anything useful for the community yet, even though in the other toggle thread people had questions and needed help. How about you ask AndroidGX first if I got his permission to publish my AT&T port of his toggle mod before posting that rubbish you did up there.

Well well... such a shame! In every community there must be that one troll who never contributes but always starts some s**t about others' work or efforts :(

joemommasfat

Mar 1, 2011
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 7 Pro
A modified version actually does work on an odexed stock rom. I am currently using one created for Rogers here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1831988

I can confirm that this one works on a stock UCLG1 odexed Rom.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Now how do we get it in blue and with the brightness bar?

Reactions: PacoBell

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Now how do we get it in blue and with the brightness bar?

Sweet! I got it in blue by replacing the lidroid-res.apk with the one in Electron's. I am still trying to figure out how to add the brightness slider.

EDIT: For odexed stock rom, here is the zip I made for the blue version by replacing with Electron's Lidroid-res.apk

If you are on a deodexed rom, please use Electron's mods from the OP.

Last edited:

crawrj

Nov 2, 2007
Works great on stock deodexed lg1. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
lidroid-res.apk is what controls the toggles itself

tw_status_bar_expanded.xml in SystemUI.apk is where the lidroid toggle bar is added in, with the old toggles being removed or given a visibility="gone"

Since electron continually passes around AndroidGX's work (w/o first talking to him), he should probably also link you guys to the different addons AndroidGX has made for the toggles in ICS blue (designed by AndroidGX, not electron) to have 5, 6, 7 toggles shown at a time w/ or w/o text - I'll leave that for him.

Ah, you are that douche bag who caused all that stir in the Verizon toggle thread, eh? Back again here to post unverified assumptions, trying to look down on and play down other people's work?? I haven't seen YOU post anything useful for the community yet, even though in the other toggle thread people had questions and needed help. How about you ask AndroidGX first if I got his permission to publish my AT&T port of his toggle mod before posting that rubbish you did up there.

Well well... such a shame! In every community there must be that one troll who never contributes but always starts some s**t about others' work or efforts :(

This kind of discussion belongs in PMs or reported posts - NOT in a thread. Take it outside, boys.

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto

Tried it on a Stock UCALEM rom, #failed

Totally lost notification bar

It works on UCLG1 but not on UCALEM, AT&T update must have changed something to make it incompatible.

On another note, I learned yesterday that the paid version of Titanium Backup is able to deodex your systemui.apk. Hit the menu button and select undo sys dalvik integration, it reboots and done. I am now using this mod no problem on stock.

theMODEL22

Jul 13, 2009
Choctaw, OK
Sweet! I got it in blue by replacing the lidroid-res.apk with the one in Electron's. I am still trying to figure out how to add the brightness slider.

EDIT: For odexed stock rom, here is the zip I made for the blue version by replacing with Electron's Lidroid-res.apk

the file is missing, is it available elsewhere?

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto

the file is missing, is it available elsewhere?

Ooops, I accidentally deleted it during some housecleaning of my computer. I have recompiled, try this and please confirm it works.

Edit: Had to take the link down for a bit, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: droidbird

droidbird

Jan 30, 2011
David thank you and it seems to work fine on stock, rooted, odexed UCLG1. The torch toggle is bass ackwards, but i think that issue is upstream from you.

This request is outdated, see below: If it is not to much trouble, can you do an odexed version of the "get rid of wifi notification"?

Update: I tested the 15T_Blue_Toggles_mod_rogers_edit.zip that was first posted and not the 15T_Blue_Toggles_modrogers_edit.zip (no underbar between mod and rodgers)

Update 2: the two files cksum the same, so disregard "Update".

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

And the request for a odexed version of the "remove wifi notification" isn't needed as it is easy to do by extracting the SecSettings.apk from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29470907&postcount=20 and pushing it and then removing the SecSettings.odex file.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Dee

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
David thank you and it seems to work fine on stock, rooted, odexed UCLG1. The torch toggle is bass ackwards, but i think that issue is upstream from you.

Update: I tested the 15T_Blue_Toggles_mod_rogers_edit.zip that was first posted and not the 15T_Blue_Toggles_modrogers_edit.zip (no underbar between mod and rodgers)

All credit for creating the odexed version of this mod goes to Celmerine here. I used his mod as a base and replaced the lidroid-res.apk with Electron's to get the blue theme.

Thanks for testing as I was unable to, due to deodexing my systemui.apk using Titanium.

Now it would be nice to find a circle battery percent mod with 1% increments.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] 15 Toggles in ICS blue for the AT&T S3 plus Tether Bypass and Bluetooth Tether

Hey guys,

I now ported the 15 toggle mod with blue toggles and blue battery icon to the AT&T S3 (WanamLite ROM).
    I did exactly the same for the Verizon S3 last week, so since I now have the AT&T S3 as well, I thought I liked both to look very similar, so I imported the mod here as well and made a couple of small changes to how the carrier logo is displayed (In the dropdown like Verizon, NOT in the status bar)

Since I am running the WanamLite ROM 1.2, my ZIPs here work right out of the box for that ROM and for any UCALG1 ROM for that matter (you might lose existing status bar/battery icon theming though!). Statusbar and Toggles will look exactly like my screenshot.

Toggles with theming for WanamLite 1.2:
    http://electron73.org/XDA/S3/wanam12/Electron_Toggles_4_Wanam12.zip

Wifi tether entitlement check bypass and added bluetooth tethering for WanamLite 1.2:
    http://electron73.org/XDA/S3/wanam12/Electron_Tethering_4_Wanam12.zip

Removal of the pesky ongoing WIFI notification in the dropdown:
    http://electron73.org/XDA/S3/wanam12/Electron_NoWifi_4_Wanam12.zip

The tethering bypass completely removes the entitlement check from the built in stock WIFI hotspot feature, so it can be used freely via the regular menu switch (usually pops up a message asking for separate subscription) or the blue 15 toggle WIFI AP switch. No more need to use a separate
    app for the hotspot. I always found the internal one more stable and turns on/off faster.
    Newest version also completely deletes the TetheringManager.apk which is responsible for the entitlement check and tethering management.
    So I would assume (NO guarantees, of course!) that this is the best way to tether without AT&T knowing.
    My personal advice, especially for unlimited plans: Use occasionally and in moderation or pay for the official feature!

As always: Flash at your own risk! IF you like it, PLEASE massage that THANKS button for me
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is a screenshot of the result on my phone.
    2012-08-12%2006.08.30.png
    2012-08-13%2003.04.05.png

Credits go to:
    lidroid, wanam for the original toggle code and AndroidGX for the i9300 version
    There is a guide on how to modify the lidroid-res.apk by wanam here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570703
    Thanks to Vlara for the excellent guide on how to kick that WIFI notification out for good. Original Thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1784615

Tried it on a Stock UCALEM rom, #failed

Totally lost notification bar

It works on UCLG1 but not on UCALEM, AT&T update must have changed something to make it incompatible.

On another note, I learned yesterday that the paid version of Titanium Backup is able to deodex your systemui.apk. Hit the menu button and select undo sys dalvik integration, it reboots and done. I am now using this mod no problem on stock.
    Works perfectly on Blazer. Thanks!

All credit for creating the odexed version of this mod goes to Celmerine here. I used his mod as a base and replaced the lidroid-res.apk with Electron's to get the blue theme.

Thanks for testing as I was unable to, due to deodexing my systemui.apk using Titanium.

Now it would be nice to find a circle battery percent mod with 1% increments.
    Good to see u electron love ur work on the note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium