[Solved] Google Maps 6.10.0 causing phone restarts

Search This thread

zoljac

Apr 29, 2011
Same here, official stock rom 4.0.3 (swisscom) and after starting app it restarts after 1 min!!!!

cssoz

May 4, 2012
Scarborough
The same as above but slightly different phone.

I've been trying to find somewhere to file a bug report, but my googlin' skills are failing me, only getting stuff related to content. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda app-developers app

You have to go into Google maps > setttings > feedback > do your thing ;)

Reactions: SafirSwe

papete

Jul 27, 2008
Apparently the issue has been escalated already to the Google maps team, so (hopefully) they are working on it...

jasminthoria

Oct 22, 2011
London
Solved reboot issues of map after doing following.
Use titanium backup or any other root uninstaller and uninstall map then just download from play store. It will move your maps APK to system/data instead.
No reboot after this

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

mrgilmorean

Feb 16, 2010
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. Running the stable build of CM9. Maps seems most likely to cause reboots after I look up directions. Just browsing the map seems ok.

EDIT: Also came across a post last night from a Galaxy Tab 10.1 user running CM9 who as the same issues we are.

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
The new version was causing a battery drain for me. 7% of usage according to the batt stats and I never used the app today.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

rumpleforeskin

Jan 20, 2008
Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus. Running the stable build of CM9. Maps seems most likely to cause reboots after I look up directions. Just browsing the map seems ok.

EDIT: Also came across a post last night from a Galaxy Tab 10.1 user running CM9 who as the same issues we are.

Causes reboot on both my sensation and tab with 6.10.0

BPong

Mar 31, 2010
Same here. Using 'Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)'

cryophallion

Jul 24, 2012
Backup Apps

I'm using ARHD Rom and caused a LOT of problems and restarts when I REALLY needed it today!!!!

Nightmare it was!!!!

Restart after restart.

Uninstalled, not one restart since.

Matt

I feel all your pain. I'm having the same issue, I thought it was due to installing the JB Gnow hack, so I was playing with that to see if it was the issue. I'm happy to hear I don't have to revert back.

This is why I keep backup apps for emergencies (in this case Waze, which has the added benefit of alerting me to police nearby if I am traveling [just slightly of course] over the speed limit). Never know when something will bork (plus, you can check for better routes too).

Top Liked Posts