14th August 2012, 11:27 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 1,683

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfm1777

I just did the official US ICS upgrade for my 6210. Any reason why a can't use your root and CWM install method on this package?

Try it. I can't guarantee it's safe or it will work though.

18th August 2012, 05:02 AM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I've been running this ROM without any problems for weeks now - and today I find I cannot bring up the Play store anymore. I get "No Connection" no matter how many times I hit Retry.

I've cleared my WiFi and reconnected. No luck.

I Force Stopped the store app, cleared data and cache. No luck.

I turned of Ad Away ad blocking and reverted to standard hosts file. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kermit Woodall
18th August 2012, 05:44 AM |#93  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoodall

I've been running this ROM without any problems for weeks now - and today I find I cannot bring up the Play store anymore. I get "No Connection" no matter how many times I hit Retry.

I've cleared my WiFi and reconnected. No luck.

I Force Stopped the store app, cleared data and cache. No luck.

I turned of Ad Away ad blocking and reverted to standard hosts file. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kermit Woodall

Can't say for sure. Could be to a variety of different reasons. Give me a log cat. Please keep it skim and only give what I need. I don't need your Facebook processes or anything else in that matter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
18th August 2012, 03:05 PM |#94  
Flag batavia
Thanks Meter: 83

More
try rooting my tab plus P6200 with 4.0.4 official firmware, it works!!! thank you

ps: i use temporary CWM method, works like charm
18th August 2012, 05:31 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I ended up going into recovery and deleting cache/data and everything works again.

Kermit Woodall
23rd August 2012, 10:00 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I updated to stock ICS and when I try and apply root.zip I get signature verification failed. Did the update kill the ability to root with this file?
23rd August 2012, 11:35 PM |#97  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanvara

I updated to stock ICS and when I try and apply root.zip I get signature verification failed. Did the update kill the ability to root with this file?

You don't apply the root zip initially, you apply the temporary CWM zip then the Root Zip.
27th August 2012, 05:23 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
NONE of the files I've downloaded from the OP will extract, though I'm using 7zip. Doesn't matter what computer I use (I have both XP and Windows 7), I keep getting an error when I try to open these files. Never had this problem before. I have a version of Stock Honeycomb (from bdigitalstudio's thread, if I recall) but obviously, not ICS.

Any suggestions would be great, since I've already stripped my Tab naked.
31st August 2012, 12:16 PM |#99  
Flag Spijkenisse
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thank you in advance for this clear guide!. Was struggling to flash CM10, but through your guide I now know I did things in the wrong order

Will try and flash stock ICS asap, but I have no doubt everything wil work as described!

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevalin

NONE of the files I've downloaded from the OP will extract, though I'm using 7zip. Doesn't matter what computer I use (I have both XP and Windows 7), I keep getting an error when I try to open these files. Never had this problem before. I have a version of Stock Honeycomb (from bdigitalstudio's thread, if I recall) but obviously, not ICS.

Any suggestions would be great, since I've already stripped my Tab naked.

Not sure what you mean with your post, but from what I read that you are trying to extract the files on your PC??? DONT! EVER!
Please read the guide step-by-step the zip file you download you need to either load the zip file in Odin or flash the zip file through recovery....
4th September 2012, 08:57 AM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Clock
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossie1975

Thank you in advance for this clear guide!. Was struggling to flash CM10, but through your guide I now know I did things in the wrong order

Will try and flash stock ICS asap, but I have no doubt everything wil work as described!

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Not sure what you mean with your post, but from what I read that you are trying to extract the files on your PC??? DONT! EVER!
Please read the guide step-by-step the zip file you download you need to either load the zip file in Odin or flash the zip file through recovery....

No, no... the files wouldn't extract while in recovery on the Tab. The problem was solved when I used a different mirror.

Today, however, I ran into a new issue: my Tab has suddenly shut down twice without warning. It shut down sometime this evening, not sure when, then again about a half-hour ago. I had to do the 10-second power button hold to get it to do anything the first time,. The second time, it shut down and went straight to showing the battery charging. Thing is, the battery was nowhere near empty when it shut down the first time, so there was no reason I can see for it to do so.

Since I never had this problem before this upgrade, I'm suddenly feeling a bit leery. I.haven't done anything fancy with the Tab, just updated.and rooted.

Any idea what might have triggered this?
18th September 2012, 08:45 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anang1979

try rooting my tab plus P6200 with 4.0.4 official firmware, it works!!! thank you

ps: i use temporary CWM method, works like charm

hello. So you used the cmw only temporary? Did not need the permanent CWM? So that it serves the permanent cmw? Is there any risk if not installed permanent CWM?. many thanks for your answer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, ics p6210, ics rom, ics root rom, ics tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)