[INDEX] Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Resources and Features Guide [08/18/2012]

Search This thread

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Welcome guide to the Droid Razr/Maxx Development Section.

Here you'll find current resources and features available to your device (If you made something new, please let me know so I can add to OP).

Initial information about your device

1. Motorola Razr and Motorola Razr Maxx (XT910 Model) were named respectively Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx (XT912 Model) by Verizon. (I'll call it just Razr)
Both devices shares same hardware, except the radio driver/kernel, which is CDMA/LTE for Verizon version (XT912) and GSM/UMTS for International version (XT910).
This means you can only flash a ROM (custom or stock) that has being build to your Razr baseband. (Bellow you'll find a link to use CMDA custom ROMs over the GSM version)

2. All the Razr variants have a forever locked bootloader. (There's a developer version not covered here)
This means you can only flash official ROMs and use a limitated number of things. Untill a hack called kexec be released which will bypass the bootloader and let you flash a custom kernel enabling other features.

3. All the devices are divided by regions.
This means you can only flash a stock ROM designated for your Razr region.
Common Regions are: Latam (Latim America 'n Canada) - Europe - Asia - PSHAsia - ME - China - Korea - Japan(*)

Warning: By flashing a ROM or rooting your Razr voids Motorola Warranty Terms. Even if you flash the same rom your Razr came with.

Europe, Asia, PSHAsia and ME shares same region signature verification (ODD: you can flash any of the ROMs between it)

You'll find more information about ROMs in THIS THREAD.

*Note:Other variants of the Motorola Razr can't be covered on this guide because we don't have nothing specific to it on XDA - If you have something, let me know.
**Every region have also some subdivisions which is not covered on this Index because we don't have any specific work on XDA to it.

LATEST FIRMWARES (SBF Developers)

ICS 4.0.4
XT912 Verizon

Latam XT910
Final Latam Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 [RSD Lite] 672.180.350
Brasil Vivo OTA
Canada Rogers
Canada Fido

Europe XT910
[OTA] 672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
[OTA] 672.180.41.XT910.Retail.en.EU
Final ICS Retail British firmware

Asia - PSHAsia - ME XT910
[OTA][ICS] 673.94.328.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03 & 673.94.328.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

China XT910
[ROM][GSM][China][XT910] Official Chinese Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 [RSD Lite]
OTA update - 67.213.6.XT910.ChinaRetail.en.CN

GB 2.3.6
Verizon XT912

Latam XT910
Brasil Retail
Canada Fido - rogers

Korea XT910k; XT910S
Korea XT910k; XT910S

ROOT
Razr/Maxx XT910/XT912
Ice Cream Sandwich EasyRootICS
Gigerbread Motofail

Razr/Maxx XT912 (Matt Droid Razr Utility)
Ice Cream Sandwich

RECOVERY
Ice Cream Sandwich - Bootmenu Recovery (XT910/XT912)
ICS Safestrap 3 to XT910/912.
GingerBread - Bootstrap Recovery (XT910)
GingerBread - Safestrap Recovery (XT912)

HACKS / MODS / TWEAKS / Tutorials

- GSM Patch for CDMA ROMs
- Factory Cable / Unbrick
- [KERNEL][GSM/CDMA][ICS] Extra modules pack v0.1.3
- [GSM]Toggle menu + 1%battery + power menu + No CARRIERNAME
- [HACK][3G][GSM]: Faster cellular data speed
- [Radio][GSM] UPGRADING RADIO
- Bootmenu - Ice Cream Sandwich Recovery
- Bootloader bypass - kexec news
- [GSM/CDMA] EternityProject's RSD Alternative for flashing OFFICIAL Motorola ROMs
- Motorola Tools - Using RSD Lite
- Interesting GUI tool for root/unroot Razr
- How to Setup Safestrap 2 to get KeXec started (XT910 / XT912)
- GPS/Radio Update to [OTA]672.180.41.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU

CUSTOM ROMS

(Remember: CDMA and GSM ROMs are especific for each Razr version, if you wanna install a CDMA ROM to your GSM Razr ask developer if the GSM patch for CDMAs ROMs will work).

[GSM] cm9 SVN 1.0
[GSM] CM10-dev unoffical by wanggjghost
[GSM] Razr Android 4.0.4 ICS Official MIUI
[GSM] FTS V3.0 BETA 1.1 [Online]
[GSM] cm9 unofficial 08/07/2012 - installation details + gApps linked
[GSM] Port of "Arctic ICS from XT912" to XT910 Retail.en.EU
[GSM] MagicMod-ICS-Experimental
[CDMA] Eclipse Razr ICS v1.2 - CDMA
[CDMA] CM10 Paranoid Android Razr Maxx CDMA
[CDMA] Koa Aokp Milestone 6 FINAL BUILD
[CDMA] Black Widow Ics-6.16.214.spyder.deodex.final
[CDMA] Flick
[CDMA] [Motoblur] iKReaM.ICS.6.16.2.15.ROM.v2.8-R3Ds
[CDMA] CM10 Paranoid Android Razr Maxx
[CDMA][KEXEC][XT912/CDMA] Jekyll CM9
Notes:

• If I let something you think should be here, let me know.
  • If you like my thread, hit thanks button.
  • If you like any of the devs work, please, make then a donation.
  • If you mess your device doing something indexed here, please, blame yourself.
  • If you like pizza do pizza hut.

I'll add stuff here and there so, I probably forgot something. If you wanna help, let me know what it is.

Cheers

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Reserved for an upcoming QA

Q: You didn't say all the regions/models of the Motorola Razr. Why is that?
A: Not all regions could be indexed because we don't have any specific work, files or information to it @ XDA.
Some subdivisions and not covered regions (It's an example):

• Korea: XT910k; XT910S. (Found an OLD firwmare - It's on the thread)
  • Japan: XT909
  • Europe: nonEFGIS (All the european coutries except: England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain); EMEA (Europe, Midlle East, Australia).
Every region have subdivisions and also carriers. But it are all compatible each other:
Canada: Rogers; Fido
Asia, PSHAsia, AsiaRetail
Brasil: Claro (AmericaMovil), Vivo, OI, Tim, Retail... Etc.
We have yet: Latam and Retail.

That's the most reason I couldn't index all the variants of the Razr. Even the XDA Section can't be accurate. The 'Droid' Razrs are only those from Verizon, for instance.

If you find anything related to these not indexed devices. let me know an I'll link to the thread.

Q: If I flash a ROM for the exactly region of my Razr I'll void warranty terms?
A: Pretty much, yest! By flashing a ROM or rooting your Razr definitively voids Motorola Warranty Terms. Doens't matter if you have a carrier device or a region specific device. Flashing a ROM is not covered by Motorola Warranty.

It's clearly stated in letter (e) of the Motorola Warranty terms:

"(e) Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damage resulting from service, testing, adjustment,
installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way, including but not limited to tampering with or altering the software, by someone other than Motorola, or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Product which has had its bootloader unlocked, or whose operating system has been altered, including any failed attempts to unlock the bootloader or alter such operating system, is not covered by this warranty, regardless of whether such modifications are authorized, approved, or otherwise sanctioned by Motorola. "

Q: Motorola can see if I have either flashed a ROM or get rooted?
A: Yes, they can. And seems there's nothing you can do about it. The log of background process of altering in any way the original system is sent to Motorola. Look for a file called 'qe' in your device. Also, bug2go.

Thanks

Last edited:

whirleyes

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2007
github.com
you missed the rare variant

i'll edit this later

cdma_spyder
  • xt908 - ACG-CS US
  • xt909 - KDDI JP | CDMA + GSM
  • xt912 - VRZ US | CDMA + GSM + LTE

umts_spyder
  • xt910 - Multi carrier, divided into region
  • xt910s - SKT KR | GSM + LTE
  • xt910k - KT KR

all variant run the same soc & baseband chip (except for LTE)
difference lies in firmware (locked by different security signature for each region)

SOC : OMAP 4340 + SGX 540
BASEBAND : MDM6600

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
you missed the rare variant

i'll edit this later

cdma_spyder
  • xt908 - ACG-CS US
  • xt909 - KDDI JP | CDMA + GSM
  • xt912 - VRZ US | CDMA + GSM + LTE

umts_spyder
  • xt910 - Multi carrier, divided into region
  • xt910s - SKT KR | GSM + LTE
  • xt910k - KT KR

all variant run the same soc & baseband chip (except for LTE)
difference lies in firmware (locked by different security signature for each region)

SOC : OMAP 4340 + SGX 540
BASEBAND : MDM6600

The problem is, we don't have any files here in XDA for those Models right? How could I index it? Do you have any OTA or something to share?

Thanks

Last edited:

arisgoku

Aug 9, 2010
Lemesos Greece
yes but note that the europe variant versions en.eu nonefigs may be flashed one over the other but if u flash an nonefigs specific device an en.eu rom will put you out of warranty. what i mean is that there are regional subcategories that void warranty if switched

whirleyes

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2007
github.com
The problem is, we don't have any files here in XDA for those Models right? How could I index it? Do you have any OTA or something to share?

Thanks
that's the point. just put a big fat warning to remind such owners.
rare variant = no leaked fastboot, less owner interaction in this forum.(maybe low sales volume too)
most user in this forum have either xt910 or xt912

p/s: I bricked mine in day 3 before I learned enough about Razr (spyder) & the differences between them

Reactions: pedrotorresfilho

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
yes but note that the europe variant versions en.eu nonefigs may be flashed one over the other but if u flash an nonefigs specific device an en.eu rom will put you out of warranty. what i mean is that there are regional subcategories that void warranty if switched

Flashing any ROM, in theory, would void warranty. Even rooting your phone is against warranty terms.

Almost any modification you do to your device voids warranty.

Cheers

that's the point. just put a big fat warning to remind such owners.
rare variant = no leaked fastboot, less owner interaction in this forum.(maybe low sales volume too)
most user in this forum have either xt910 or xt912

p/s: I bricked mine in day 3 before I learned enough about Razr (spyder) & the differences between them

This means you don't have either a fastboot or an OTA? Sent you a PM.

Cheers

Last edited:

arisgoku

Aug 9, 2010
Lemesos Greece
Flashing any ROM, in theory, would void warranty. Even rooting your phone is against warranty terms.

Almost any modification you do to your device voids warranty.

Cheers

Cheers

No. If my phone is an xt910 intended for the uk market(en.eu) and i went from 2.3.5 en.eu to 4.0.4 en.eu flashing with rsd the OFFICIAL MOTO RELEASE(no leaks and other stuff) it would NOT void my warranty. If i flash the official moto nonefigs 4.0.4 release it WILL. Thats the point i am trying to make.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Fastboot - no. Been searching for it in Moto RSD server for months
OTA & leaked ICS - yes

Give-me the system version ro.versionfull @ build.prop of your ICS system.

Cheers

No. If my phone is an xt910 intended for the uk market(en.eu) and i went from 2.3.5 en.eu to 4.0.4 en.eu flashing with rsd the OFFICIAL MOTO RELEASE(no leaks and other stuff) it would NOT void my warranty. If i flash the official moto nonefigs 4.0.4 release it WILL. Thats the point i am trying to make.

Right. Warranty terms are different in my country, sorry.

Letter (e)

Official Moto release only those you get from your phone or by Motocast. Any other over the internet isn't any official.

Cheers

What's the password for opening the archive? I downloaded 673.94.324.XT910 but I need a password for unzip.

This is the passord kent set to their files.

Code:
mod2xtreme.com

Cheers

Last edited:

arisgoku

Aug 9, 2010
Lemesos Greece
man i think we are on a language barrier. u did a very good job at this. all i am trying to say is:
you stated on your op that "Europe, Asia, PSHAsia and ME shares same region signature verification (ODD: you can flash any of the ROMs between it)". it would be nice to add a clarification that doing so voids the warranty of the phone. also there are regional subcategories to europe roms to my knowledge(en.eu and nonefigs). to clarify this to someone who doesnt know much about adroid, comes here reads this and ends up without warranty. gj on your hard work

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
man i think we are on a language barrier. u did a very good job at this. all i am trying to say is:
you stated on your op that "Europe, Asia, PSHAsia and ME shares same region signature verification (ODD: you can flash any of the ROMs between it)". it would be nice to add a clarification that doing so voids the warranty of the phone. also there are regional subcategories to europe roms to my knowledge(en.eu and nonefigs). to clarify this to someone who doesnt know much about adroid, comes here reads this and ends up without warranty. gj on your hard work

Hi! That's interesting. You have a good point, but flashing any rom collected from internet voids warranty. Even if you flash the exactly same rom your Razr came with or doing root voids warranty. Except those you got from phone info or motocast.

All the procedures you do is registered in your phone in a log file called 'qe'.

I'll add a warning anyway.

Thanks

--Edit--

I've posted this before but I think you didn't open the warranty terms from motorola, here's an except:

(e) Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damage resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way, including but not limited to tampering with or altering the software, by someone other than Motorola, or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Product which has had its bootloader unlocked, or whose operating system has been altered, including any failed attempts to unlock the bootloader or alter such operating system, is not covered by this warranty, regardless of whether such modifications are authorized, approved, or otherwise sanctioned by Motorola.

Last edited:

eye_rule

Jul 21, 2009
Developer Version

I had to send my Alltel Razr Maxx to Motorola for repair, and it came back with the developer version of the software. What is the difference between this version and the others?

Top Liked Posts