19,998 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,575

Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2012, 03:03 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 675

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmaze

24006 will allow you to get 3G roaming and will also allow you to get LTE service its the corporate prl that allows 3G forced roaming.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

EDIT: Ah I hate PRL numbers because I ALWAYS mis-read them. I thought you were talking about 24005 xD
Do you have a copy of the corporate 24006? Because it's awesome if it allows 3G roaming. Please post it if you can
The Following User Says Thank You to TaintedByte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TaintedByte Ad-Free

18th August 2012, 04:13 PM |#152  
Flag S Jersey
Thanks Meter: 783

More
Does anybody know if 12124 allows lte connection if available?
18th August 2012, 04:14 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 2,081

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

24006 will allow you to get 3G roaming and will also allow you to get LTE service its the corporate prl that allows 3G forced roaming.

24005 didn't give 3g roaming on vzw like 12xxx did. So I won't be surprised if 24006 was the same way.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses

Does anybody know if 12124 allows lte connection if available?

These prls have nothing to do with LTE side of things.

The Following User Says Thank You to digiblur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift digiblur Ad-Free
18th August 2012, 05:13 PM |#154  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,426

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roids87

Why should an LTE device stray away from a current Preferred Roaming List? Sprints LTE is not capable of roaming on other networks.

LTE devices use 24 and 25 prls
18th August 2012, 05:56 PM |#155  
Flag S Jersey
Thanks Meter: 783

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman

LTE devices use 24 and 25 prls

Ok, but that doesn't answer the question. If the prl has nothing to do with lte connection why "should" we use those?
18th August 2012, 06:27 PM |#156  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,426

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, but that doesn't answer the question. If the prl has nothing to do with lte connection why "should" we use those?

Idk, but there are reasons why each different type of device has different prls
18th August 2012, 07:21 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 2,081

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sprint is just weird. Just like how their gsm roaming devices use a different set of prls. GSM doesn't use prls so it's pointless to be different.

18th August 2012, 08:00 PM |#158  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Quote:

EDIT: Ah I hate PRL numbers because I ALWAYS mis-read them. I thought you were talking about 24005 xD
Do you have a copy of the corporate 24006? Because it's awesome if it allows 3G roaming. Please post it if you can

Sorry. I was talking about 24004. I have that prl on my phone now. I'm writing this post while roaming and I have 3G service right now. The thing I noticed too is when I'm in a Sprint LTE service are I pick up the LTE signal without changing back to Home Only or auto roam and when LTae is no longer available I go back to 3G roaming automatically

18th August 2012, 08:51 PM |#159  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Doesn't using other PRL's put you at risk of terminating your contract?
18th August 2012, 09:30 PM |#160  
Blaine, MN
Thanks Meter: 34

More
PRL 24006 pulled from a Sprint Demo Phone
Attached to post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 24006.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.3 KB, 1927 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ranger093 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ranger093 Ad-Free
18th August 2012, 09:55 PM |#161  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arozer

Doesn't using other PRL's put you at risk of terminating your contract?

If your not careful this can happen. Depends on how much your using it. YMMV a vast amount some use a tone of roaming data and have never heard a peep from sprint others get a letter the first month. I try to make sure I don't use more than 1GB per month. I used to use a lot of 4G data with my OG EVO and EVO 3D. Since 3G data rates seemed to slow in the last several months I've obviously used less data, but since LTE went live in KC mid July I've used hardly any 3G data except when traveling like I am right now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)