[ROM][JB][MIUI4.1][GSM][SUSPENDED] Turbo MIUI v0.52.20914 (MIUI 2.9.14 on CM10)

Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Development suspended until (if) CM10 gets to a faster and stable state. If you want a fast, fully working new MIUI experience, check out my other ROM.

Here is an alpha release of MIUI4.1 based on CM10 for the Xperia Play. It is built upon CM10-FXP137 and MIUI Jellybean for the Nexus S.

I am using this ROM as a daily driver now and it seems to be very stable. But since CM10 is still alpha, there may be some bugs still. Future updates may also require a factory reset, so be aware of that.

A CDMA version will come soon, as soon as CM10 is confirmed working on R800x I will work on it for MIUI.

Make sure you read the blue section "Special Notes/Partially working" below before using! It contains very important existing issues and work-arounds.

Working (tested):

• Calls / Text / 3G / Data
  • Audio
  • Wifi
  • Camera
  • ALS / Auto-brightness
  • Web Browser (from MIUI 2.8.24)
  • Google Play Store (fully)
  • Google Now (no Voice Search)
  • Music/Gallery/Screenshot feature (Menu+VolDown)
  • Location/Maps/Compass
  • Gamepad
  • Touchpads (On most games, thanks to farenheith)

If you find a game that still doesn't have working touchpads, report it in farenheith's thread. Known games reported still not working:
- Dead Space

Not working:

• Torch (unknown issue)
  • Wifi Tether (CM10 issue)
  • ?

Partially working/special notes:

• After call is ended, audio is not routed back to loudspeaker. Sounds will be very quiet! You need to either replug headphones or reboot the phone to fix it... sadly this is a CM10 issue and I can't fix it.
  • In Notification Panel, the Clear/Options button in top-right corner goes off the screen. Change font-size to "Small" (in Settings > Display) to fix this for now.
  • Google Play Store might not show installed apps or purchased apps after signing in for the first time. Simply 'Clear Data' for Google Play Store to fix it.
  • When screen is off, VolUp does nothing and holding either Vol button will only skip music tracks forward
  • ?

Download/Instructions:

Turbo MIUI v0.52.20914

(1) Download the CM10 FXP-Turbo2 kernel. You can use any other CM10 kernel if you wish.
(2) Execute following commands on PC's shell/command prompt to install kernel and prepare:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
(3) Copy the update ZIP to SDCard. To enter Recovery on this kernel, press Back when you feel the vibration trigger on first logo.
(4) Install the ZIP update as normal.

Screenshots:

Changelog:

Code:
v0.52.20914
-----------

- Revert: CM10-FXP137
 - New: FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT. Thanks to farenheith! 
 - Fix: Camera
 - Fix: SIM PIN prompt on startup (thanks to Lens_Flare). Phone is not multilingual for the moment due to APKTool bug.
 - Fix: Disable Setup Wizard using old Provision, temporary until bugs sorted out in patching
 - Fix: Browser user-agent
 - Fix: Official Facebook app, maybe other web apps
 - Fix: Magnify-glass zoom widget when selecting text (love this feature, glad I fixed it)
 - Tweak: Disable services from writing adj and minfree values, allowing init.d tweaks to actually work.

v0.51.20914
-----------

- Update: CM10-FXP138
 - Update: MIUI v2.9.14
 - Update: Using latest MIUI browser from now on (with latest FXP webkit backend). Please report any browser crashes, video sites need testing.
 - New: Multilanguage support
 - New: Google Now voice search (untested)
 - New: Google Now offline support (untested)
 - New: Face Unlock (untested)
 - Aroma: Fix "Default" install mode
 - Aroma: Elite install - disable CPU rendering (set back to CPU+GPU for default). This can be switched after install by using the "Customize" option
 - Aroma: Elite install - disable Setup Wizard to bypass need for Xiaomi account by using old Provision APK. May have unknown side-effects.

v0.41.20907
-----------

- Update: CM10-FXP137
 - Update: MIUI v2.9.7
 - Tweak: DalvikOpt flags
 - Tweak: Remove entire software-rendering pathway, forcing GPU always (thanks to ShyamSasi)
 - Aroma: Added AD2SDX alpha 2 by amarullz as an sd-ext alternative, with my own CM10 fix

v0.3.20831
----------

- Update: CM10-FXP136
 - Update: MIUI v2.8.31
 - Fixed: No need to disable HW overlay for video anymore (Thanks to FXP)
 - Removed: Bundled Live Wallpapers (except picker app)
 - MIUI base switched to crespo (Nexus S)
 - Using MIUI Browser v2.8.24 from now on (no new night mode, no future updates on browser)

v0.3.20817
----------

- Fixed: Play Store FC, possibly other problems due to APKTool bugs (using precompiled Framework resources, "disable signature checking" reverted)
 - Update: ES File Explorer, Link2SD, Play Store and Titanium Backup

v0.2.20817
----------

- Update: CM10-FXP135
 - Update: MIUI v2.8.24
 - Fixed: Link2SD (permissions 777 on symlinks to fix from being stale which causes a link-break on every reboot)
 - Hack: Disabled system package signature verification (required for future fixes)
 - Tweak: Optimized Lowmemorykiller and VM sysctl values for better memory management and performance (for <512MB devices like ours)
 - Tweak: Most system packages recompressed and zipaligned. Slightly longer boot time but saves a few precious MB on /system.
 - Tweak: Disable automatic brightness
 - Tweak: Moved system apps to data (default enabled in Aroma installer): Google Talk; MIUI Compass, Gallery and Music
 - New: AppWidgetPicker
 - New: DSP Manager (from CM10)
 - New: Volume+ (skip music) mod. Sort of. While screen is off and music playing, VolUp does nothing and both keys skip forward.
 - New: zRAM enabled at 10% (this is good with new snappy compression in kernel)
 - New: Purgable assets enabled
 - New: Kernel samepage-merging enabled
 - New: Strict-mode checking disabled
 - Note to self: We use libwebcore from FXP134 and WebKit core framework from MIUI v2.8.17 from now on

v0.1.20817
----------

- Initial version
 - Based on official CM10-FXP134 for Zeus and MIUI UK's 2.8.17 for the Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Last edited:
Reactions: ps2stuff

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
It does on pax's 7/29 build. You could use that as a base for the cdma variant as that has *almost everything working.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Alright thanks, I'll try and build a CDMA test version. But since this isn't FXP I won't be able to keep it as up-to-date.

Good work!! Goinf to have it downloaded in a few hours.. Gotta sleep first.. One question.. Does the sd card mount properly?

Sure, why wouldn't it? Unless you mean the CM10 bug where it says "Unable to install to internal USB or memory card" when you try to install paid apps from the Play Store, no. That is a CM10 bug. But restoring everything from TB works fine, and installing free apps/updates from Play Store works fine.

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Alright thanks, I'll try and build a CDMA test version. But since this isn't FXP I won't be able to keep it as up-to-date.

Awesome, I know pax will update once he's able to and eventually fxp will figure out data as well.

Going kinda off-topic with this so let me know if you'd rather not discuss it here but, do you build your kernel with ics sources modified for JB or from fxp's jb sources?

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Awesome, I know pax will update once he's able to and eventually fxp will figure out data as well.

Going kinda off-topic with this so let me know if you'd rather not discuss it here but, do you build your kernel with ics sources modified for JB or from fxp's jb sources?

The kernel I'm building from is branched off JBX repo (on the 'jellybean-turbo' branch), however I did a full tree comparison and the FXP CM10 jellybean kernel is identical to the JBX one - apart from the zRAM update from FXP (Google snappy compression) which I have already merged in CM9 turbo kernel. The RAMDisk is based on FXP RAMDisk.

Last edited:
Reactions: ps2stuff and cj360

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Computer's built, installing Ubuntu 12.04 soon so i'll be back in the game.

Cosmicdan, what does SEMCRIL look like in Framework?

Pax

The full SemcRIL code for this ROM is taken directly from CM10, along with BaseCommands and PhoneFactory. It was actually a requirement to get it booting. Using my existing scripts but replacing the CM10 base for CDMA version, and the MIUI base for the CDMA Galaxy Nexus version, it should hopefully be enough....

...I would upload my "kitchen" so people can try to build it and bugtest, but how many of you guys with CDMA zeus's are good with smali? :) Also it requires Windows Vista/7.

Last edited:

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Sorry to hijack cosmic,

My guess as to why CM10 data stopped working for CDMA is because of a commit done a while back (August 5th)

Now that I have a working PC i'm gonna try to undo that & see if that's the issue & if it is, I need to coordinate with FXP to create a ril for cdma & edit some common files :p

Pax

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Sorry to hijack cosmic,

My guess as to why CM10 data stopped working for CDMA is because of a commit done a while back (August 5th)

Now that I have a working PC i'm gonna try to undo that & see if that's the issue & if it is, I need to coordinate with FXP to create a ril for cdma & edit some common files :p

Pax

That's fine, it's is still relevant since it's based on CM10. So is that build linked a while back working with CDMA fully or not? I will probably not update the GSM ROM of this until next FXP release anyway so.... yeah.

It would be good if FXP CM10 had CDMA working, because then I could easily create a patch for this GSM ROM. I really don't want to have to upload two full ROM's every time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development suspended until (if) CM10 gets to a faster and stable state. If you want a fast, fully working new MIUI experience, check out my other ROM.

Here is an alpha release of MIUI4.1 based on CM10 for the Xperia Play. It is built upon CM10-FXP137 and MIUI Jellybean for the Nexus S.

I am using this ROM as a daily driver now and it seems to be very stable. But since CM10 is still alpha, there may be some bugs still. Future updates may also require a factory reset, so be aware of that.

A CDMA version will come soon, as soon as CM10 is confirmed working on R800x I will work on it for MIUI.

Make sure you read the blue section "Special Notes/Partially working" below before using! It contains very important existing issues and work-arounds.

Working (tested):

• Calls / Text / 3G / Data
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Camera
    • ALS / Auto-brightness
    • Web Browser (from MIUI 2.8.24)
    • Google Play Store (fully)
    • Google Now (no Voice Search)
    • Music/Gallery/Screenshot feature (Menu+VolDown)
    • Location/Maps/Compass
    • Gamepad
    • Touchpads (On most games, thanks to farenheith)

If you find a game that still doesn't have working touchpads, report it in farenheith's thread. Known games reported still not working:
    - Dead Space

Not working:

• Torch (unknown issue)
    • Wifi Tether (CM10 issue)
    • ?

Partially working/special notes:

• After call is ended, audio is not routed back to loudspeaker. Sounds will be very quiet! You need to either replug headphones or reboot the phone to fix it... sadly this is a CM10 issue and I can't fix it.
    • In Notification Panel, the Clear/Options button in top-right corner goes off the screen. Change font-size to "Small" (in Settings > Display) to fix this for now.
    • Google Play Store might not show installed apps or purchased apps after signing in for the first time. Simply 'Clear Data' for Google Play Store to fix it.
    • When screen is off, VolUp does nothing and holding either Vol button will only skip music tracks forward
    • ?

Download/Instructions:

Turbo MIUI v0.52.20914

(1) Download the CM10 FXP-Turbo2 kernel. You can use any other CM10 kernel if you wish.
    (2) Execute following commands on PC's shell/command prompt to install kernel and prepare:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    (3) Copy the update ZIP to SDCard. To enter Recovery on this kernel, press Back when you feel the vibration trigger on first logo.
    (4) Install the ZIP update as normal.

Screenshots:

Changelog:

Code:
    v0.52.20914
    -----------

- Fix: SIM PIN prompt on startup (thanks to Lens_Flare). Phone is not multilingual for the moment due to APKTool bug.
     - Fix: Disable Setup Wizard using old Provision, temporary until bugs sorted out in patching
     - Fix: Magnify-glass zoom widget when selecting text (love this feature, glad I fixed it)
     - Tweak: Disable services from writing adj and minfree values, allowing init.d tweaks to actually work.

v0.51.20914
    -----------

- Update: CM10-FXP138
     - Update: MIUI v2.9.14
     - Update: Using latest MIUI browser from now on (with latest FXP webkit backend). Please report any browser crashes, video sites need testing.
     - New: Multilanguage support
     - New: Google Now voice search (untested)
     - New: Google Now offline support (untested)
     - New: Face Unlock (untested)
     - Aroma: Fix "Default" install mode
     - Aroma: Elite install - disable CPU rendering (set back to CPU+GPU for default). This can be switched after install by using the "Customize" option
     - Aroma: Elite install - disable Setup Wizard to bypass need for Xiaomi account by using old Provision APK. May have unknown side-effects.

v0.41.20907
    -----------

- Tweak: DalvikOpt flags
     - Tweak: Remove entire software-rendering pathway, forcing GPU always (thanks to ShyamSasi)
     - Aroma: Added AD2SDX alpha 2 by amarullz as an sd-ext alternative, with my own CM10 fix

v0.3.20831
    ----------

- Update: CM10-FXP136
     - Update: MIUI v2.8.31
     - Fixed: No need to disable HW overlay for video anymore (Thanks to FXP)
     - Removed: Bundled Live Wallpapers (except picker app)
     - MIUI base switched to crespo (Nexus S)
     - Using MIUI Browser v2.8.24 from now on (no new night mode, no future updates on browser)

v0.3.20817
    ----------

- Fixed: Play Store FC, possibly other problems due to APKTool bugs (using precompiled Framework resources, "disable signature checking" reverted)
     - Update: ES File Explorer, Link2SD, Play Store and Titanium Backup

v0.2.20817
    ----------

- Update: CM10-FXP135
     - Update: MIUI v2.8.24
     - Fixed: Link2SD (permissions 777 on symlinks to fix from being stale which causes a link-break on every reboot)
     - Hack: Disabled system package signature verification (required for future fixes)
     - Tweak: Optimized Lowmemorykiller and VM sysctl values for better memory management and performance (for <512MB devices like ours)
     - Tweak: Most system packages recompressed and zipaligned. Slightly longer boot time but saves a few precious MB on /system.
     - Tweak: Disable automatic brightness
     - Tweak: Moved system apps to data (default enabled in Aroma installer): Google Talk; MIUI Compass, Gallery and Music
     - New: AppWidgetPicker
     - New: DSP Manager (from CM10)
     - New: Volume+ (skip music) mod. Sort of. While screen is off and music playing, VolUp does nothing and both keys skip forward.
     - New: zRAM enabled at 10% (this is good with new snappy compression in kernel)
     - New: Purgable assets enabled
     - New: Kernel samepage-merging enabled
     - New: Strict-mode checking disabled
     - Note to self: We use libwebcore from FXP134 and WebKit core framework from MIUI v2.8.17 from now on

v0.1.20817
    ----------

- Initial version
     - Based on official CM10-FXP134 for Zeus and MIUI UK's 2.8.17 for the Galaxy Nexus
    New version up. Not that many seem interested in this ROM :p

EDIT: Something I've noticed new in MIUI - when you select text, it shows a little zoom-glass gadget just like iPhone does. That's one thing I love about iPhone, makes selecting text so much easier. And I don't think Apple will be able to sue MIUI ;D
    new version will be up in 24-48 hours.

Code:
    v0.52.20914
    -----------

I agree, MIUI and JB two of the greatest things to happen to Android (;

Yep, love my MIUI. Mainly the theme capability and the fullscreen toggles.

I still can't fix the torch though. It's a different error now, the graphic driver completely crashes (C2D2 driver). Hopefully it's an FXP issue that will be fixed soon, because I really have no idea. But the flash in the stock camera app works 100% so it's strange.

EDIT: Uploading new version now, standby....

Code:
    v0.41.20907
    -----------

- Tweak: DalvikOpt flags (better performance)
    The new AD2SDX script is very cool, mounts /data to the /sd-ext partition but links application data and dalvik and such to the internal storage still for best performance. I have a 2.1GB sd-ext partition and it shows my /data as 2.1GB capacity for example. And it seems very fast and stable, it's my new choice over Link2SD. If you want to read more about it, check it out here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1310309

EDIT2: Done.
    Alright, I can't get a Gingerbread MIUI booting at all. Even with the old BlendMIUI kitchen and an old MIUI version (which others have successfully made in the past with BlendMIUI), it just doesn't work. Prelink errors or Segfaults no matter what.

So, I'm going to work on one based on that Neo L firmware (stock ICS).