how to repair imei number on gt-i9300

Search This thread

lobird

Jul 13, 2012
maastricht
please help me repair my imei number i installed
omega v14 and my imei change :crying:
i would love to make my imei number normal again :laugh:
thanks for helping and this is my first time posting something on xda :fingers-crossed:
and please post a noob guide :p

Reactions: juanca530

zoot1

Jul 17, 2011
Navi Mumbai
onurface.blogspot.in
thanks for helping and this is my first time posting something on xda :fingers-crossed:

Dear Noob..you cannot change the IMEI number yourself..you need to have a backup of your EFS folder for that..if you backed it up use the Ktools app to restore the nav_data.bin file...
Otherwise Service Center..
I hope it helped..
P.S. Post questions in the Q&A section..it is there for a reason..

Looks like you are in deep trouble.

Considering you are asking this question in general section, I'll take the liberty of assuming that you did not backup your efs folder.

May be someone else can pitch in here to help you. Meanwhile you can confirm if you have the backup of efs folder or not?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

lobird

Jul 13, 2012
maastricht
Looks like you are in deep trouble.

Considering you are asking this question in general section, I'll take the liberty of assuming that you did not backup your efs folder.

May be someone else can pitch in here to help you. Meanwhile you can confirm if you have the backup of efs folder or not?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
no i didn't backup my efs folder :(

Hrc4u

Jul 13, 2010
Ops...sorry where on wrong forum..hehe...thought i were on s1.. :D

GT-i9300 CM10

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
Statements like that make me really apprehensive about referring people to XDA for help. Next time you have a bright idea and want to share it, just don't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

I think it's called sarcasm. If not, then he already said he mistook which forum he was in, or did you (selectively) miss that post? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Hrc4u

Hrc4u

Jul 13, 2010
well how about this?:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1802024

or can't even kies get imei back?...wasn't there something about forcing repair or something in kies...where you enter serial nr...and so on..if i recall right..?
(don't have kies installed atm)

(mm..and yes sorry for the wrong post before..i own a s1 and a s3....got mixed up what forum i was in :) )
cheers!/H

SGS_elko

Mar 8, 2011
Vienna
no i didn't backup my efs folder :(

Here is a guide to repair your IMEI from the SGS2 Forum! It should be the same! I solved my IMEI problem with this Guide on my SGS1.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264021

[GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.

It is very important that you back up your efs before flashing any ROM, and before you folow this guide BACKUP the faulty efs folder because it contains the old backup of the file nv_data.bin. It beginns with a dot like .nv_data or similar (because I haven't a SGS3, but the structure of the efs folder should be similar).

Please be carefully and think twice what you are doing!!!

Reactions: dildoswagginss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash stock GB rom gets imei back...

GT-i9300 CM10

Man you're as smart as a table! Since when Galaxy S3 have Gingerbread as stock rom? I don't know which SGS3 you have. I think the wrong one

Pozdrav
    Croatia1
    How to restore IMEI on SGS3 Gt-i9300 - 9 step process

As said service centre .

jje

I deleted my IMEI number when flashing roms a few days ago and it was showing as 000000...

I searched everywhere for a recipe of how to restore it and could not find one that would work. The closest that I got was a brilliant post (see link below) describing how to restore the IMEI on a SGS2 i9100. After following this recipe, I was able to restore my IMEI number to 0049 .... which is just as useless as 0000....

It took me a couple of days of research (and HUGE thanks to everybody whose previous research I was able to use) and I finally succeeded in restoring my IMEI using the 9 step process that I describe below. I can't guarantee that it will work and I do not know if it will work on any device besides the SGS3 GT-i9300 (international SGS3), because this is the only device that I have and was able to test the process on.

Links:
    Restore IMEI on SGS2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264021
    Download EFS PRO: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308546
    Download your original firmware using check fus downloader (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1032437&page=18)

You need:
    -EFS PRO, a brilliant little program for Windows used to backup / restore the efs folder as well as recover / repair the nv_data*.bin files.
    -Windows :(
    -Windows USB drivers
    -Rooted SGS3
    -Root explorer.apk
    -Original phone firmware (actually, you only need the modem.bin file, so once you download your firmware package, you can just extract the modem.bin file).
    -Odin or Heimdall

Your phone's IMEI number is stored in the ".nv_data" file in the original shipped efs folder.

Process:
    1. make a copy of your EFS folder using root explorer and store it somewhere safe (on your SD card and external SD card should do it).
    2. delete the EFS folder from the root of your phone using root explorer.
    3. reboot the phone
    4. open root explorer and go to the EFS folder (yes, it is still there! The Android OS has generated a new one for us) and delete the following files:
    nv_data.bin
    nv_data.bin.md5
    nv.log
    .nv_data.bak
    .nv_data.bak.md5
    nv_data.bin.bak
    and the entire IMEI folder.​
    5.Now go to your backed up EFS folder on your sd card and copy the IMEI folder and the " .nv_data" file (note the dot) to your new EFS folder.
    6.Make another copy of the ".nv_data" file in your new EFS folder. Rename one of them to "nv_data.bin" and the other one to "nv_data.bin.bak".
    7. Connect your phone to your PC and start up EFS PRO. After your phone has been detected, press the "Repair nv data" button to correct the ownership and permissions.
    8. Reboot your phone into recovery mode using the three botton combo and flash the original modem firmware (the modem.bin file that you extracted earlier) to your phone using Odin (use the "phone" button for the upload) or Heimdall (use the "radio" partition for the modem.bin file upload).
    9. Reboot the phone normally and your IMEI number will be restored and you will be able to connect to your mobile network again :)

Good luck and may the force be with you!
    Leahcim
    I am a noob who borked their IMEI with a kernel flash that went wrong.

Oooops....

Luckily I had used spoofFW which takes an EFS backup for you.

Then it was a case of ADB and some linux based file manipulation on the handset to get it back.
    Its not for the feint hearted. A phone shop (i got that desperate at one point) refused to touch it as its illegal to mess with IMEI in some countries.

remember - spoofFW. Its worth installing that just for the EFS backup. It will be a tar file that can be opened (by WinRAR / peazip) and then used.

Does anyone know of an app that just does efs backup ?
    kTool does it but I think it generates a hard to manipulate .img file ?

Heres a couple of good ways to backup and restore your efs folder mate.
    1.EFS-Pro from an XDA member.Great program that works really good.Plug in your phone and just hit the start button.Easy as.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308546

2.This restore works on any tar. file made from any program.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44231543&postcount=59990

The second one from my post is a sure fire way that always works to restore.Its never failed me or others that have used it.
    I am noob, but I learned :D

Guys, I was with a big problem, the IMEI from my friend's Galaxy S3 was broken, I have been trying for like... 6 hours to fix it and I finally did it with 9 simple steps.

1 - Flash one stock ROM with Odin - you can find it at Sam Mobile
    2 - Root your device with CF-Root (you can find it at this forum)
    3 - Install Root Manager from Google Play
    4 - Back-up your EFS folder
    5 - Delete your EFS folder
    6 - Flash again one Stock ROM
    7 - Do the same steps since 2
    8 - Delete your EFS Folder
    9 - Copy your Back-up EFS folder back to your fone

It's weird, but it worked..

I hope it helped someone!