FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone Bricked.....Can Changing of mother board help......

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By vishaljain58, Junior Member on 18th August 2012, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Galaxy Ace got bricked cos of using ROM Manager.........

Can the phone get a new life by changing its motherboard.......

Its been advised by samsung center, although have not told them that my phone was rooted.......

How much will motherboard cost in grey market....
 
 
18th August 2012, 11:35 AM |#2  
LewisGauss's Avatar
Senior member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 663
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljain58

My Galaxy Ace got bricked cos of using ROM Manager.........

Can the phone get a new life by changing its motherboard.......

Its been advised by samsung center, although have not told them that my phone was rooted.......

How much will motherboard cost in grey market....

Send it to Samsung Service Centre and they will know what to do.
18th August 2012, 11:41 AM |#3  
Pseudonym's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Imus, Cavite
Thanks Meter: 617
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeLewis

Send it to Samsung Service Centre and they will know what to do.

He already went there. But he wants to buy the parts in the "grey market"

@OP : Y U NO repair it in samsung service center? It's your fault so don't be so cheap with your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pseudonym For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pseudonym Ad-Free
18th August 2012, 01:01 PM |#4  
system.img's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 516
 
More
They say they will change the motherboard.
But I think they are actually using Jtag to restore the phone! I think motherboard has the IMEI number assigned to it. Mine did not change even after I unbricked my phone with service center after using rom manager.
There is no spare parts for Ace in the grey market! Best thing to do will be giving it to service center!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to system.img For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift system.img Ad-Free
18th August 2012, 01:25 PM |#5  
eagleeyetom's Avatar
Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag GdaƄsk
Thanks Meter: 15,782
 
Donate to Me
More
Fits better to Accessories Section.
19th August 2012, 10:56 AM |#6  
masterex567's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,811
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyace152

They say they will change the motherboard.
But I think they are actually using Jtag to restore the phone! I think motherboard has the IMEI number assigned to it. Mine did not change even after I unbricked my phone with service center after using rom manager.
There is no spare parts for Ace in the grey market! Best thing to do will be giving it to service center!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

+1.
go to the service center and use ur warranty.
If ur warranty is gone, make up an excuse.

One time, that happened to me and they didn't accept the warranty. sayin' its my fault?!
So, i made up an excuse saying that i thought this was a game and it sounded so fun...bla bla bla
I installed it then clicked on that, and then my phone didn't open.

and they got trolled, and accepted it.
20th August 2012, 03:10 PM |#7  
ankur1801's Avatar
Junior Member
new delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Cool
man is your phone hard bricked or soft bricked
if it is a soft brick then it would get fine by simply flashing it with a new stock rom
is it hard bricked "means when pressing the power button and even on connecting it with a charger there is no response" then you have to get it's mother board changed from a service center and if it is in warranty then told tell them that it was rooted just say that it stopped working while using maps or any other pre-installed app.
22nd August 2012, 07:58 PM |#8  
AaronvAce's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bocholtz (limburg)
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur1801

man is your phone hard bricked or soft bricked
if it is a soft brick then it would get fine by simply flashing it with a new stock rom
is it hard bricked "means when pressing the power button and even on connecting it with a charger there is no response" then you have to get it's mother board changed from a service center and if it is in warranty then told tell them that it was rooted just say that it stopped working while using maps or any other pre-installed app.

Rom manager = hard brick... (On ace)


Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
30th September 2015, 04:14 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur1801

man is your phone hard bricked or soft bricked
if it is a soft brick then it would get fine by simply flashing it with a new stock rom
is it hard bricked "means when pressing the power button and even on connecting it with a charger there is no response" then you have to get it's mother board changed from a service center and if it is in warranty then told tell them that it was rooted just say that it stopped working while using maps or any other pre-installed app.

My phone is not giving any response for any buttons but when I connect it to my computer it is detected also sp flash tool detects it. So what typeof bricking it is?
Thank you.
29th November 2018, 02:46 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremVijayV

My phone is not giving any response for any buttons but when I connect it to my computer it is detected also sp flash tool detects it. So what typeof bricking it is?
Thank you.

I'm not sure if this will work since I'm new to this however if your phone is detected by your PC when you connect it then maybe try installing some kind of a ROM using Odin

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would have done that if that was my case. And again I am not sure if it is even possible because I don't know how Odin works to the fullest but I know it can install Roms to a phone from the PC only as long as its connected
Again correct me if I am wrong

Sent from my Samsung GT-I8160 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes