How to print a mail via gmail app ?

Search This thread

eleger91

Oct 29, 2005
Hello,
I don't find how to print directly a mail (simply via wifi, not via printing a pdf of the mail and print the pdf, for example) via gmail app or the classic email app.
I've installed the Epson iPrint version 2 for android (I've got an Epson PX730FW) but It's not a solution...
Tks for your help.

EyeBeeNY

Jan 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hello,
I don't find how to print directly a mail (simply via wifi, not via printing a pdf of the mail and print the pdf, for example) via gmail app or the classic email app.
I've installed the Epson iPrint version 2 for android (I've got an Epson PX730FW) but It's not a solution...
Tks for your help.

You can download cloud print from the Google play store and use that to print from anywhere... only catch is that you have to have chrome on the computer you will be using to print to and the computer and printer must both be on...

Other than that, works great!

pbrauer

Jun 25, 2007
Lexington, SC
Hello,
Tks for your help.

In Maine Terms....you can't get there from here....but it can be done.

Try out an app called PrinterShare from the Market. I believe it includes the necessary drivers for your printer. Once you have that installed on your tablet, open it and connect directly to the printer via WiFi.

After that is done, you send things you want to print to the printer via the Share function, it shows up as an option called PrinterShare. You should be able to try it out first before you buy the key, if it works for you.

The Google Cloud print option also works, but requires a PC connected to the Printer on the network, and the PC needs to be on. PrinterShare should let you go direct, and also supports printing from web browser or any other app that you can share from.

Hope this helps.

phree1

Jul 13, 2010
Austin, TX
You can download cloud print from the Google play store and use that to print from anywhere... only catch is that you have to have chrome on the computer you will be using to print to and the computer and printer must both be on...

You can accomplish this with a printer that support CloudPrint. The device is registered with your Google ID and the cloud print app will allow you to print to that printer without needing Chrome on your PC.

I have a Kodak Hero 9.1 that does this flawlessly.

Midnitte

Jun 17, 2010
New Jersey

or a wifi (cloud print) printer

edit, as phree1 said
sent from LG optimus s (republic wireless) on tapatalk

mbegel

May 27, 2010
I use Let's Print Droid (free from Play Store) for CUPS-connected printers at work and PrinterShare ($) for my home wifi printer. Let's Play Droid also has options for LPR, Google Cloud Printing, SMB, and FTP but I haven't tried these modes.

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
I bought PrinterShare.....

I bought PrinterShare, and it prints fine to my HP printer, however, it will not print to my Dell Laserjet. It seems that it has something to do with dell and releasing drivers or something like that. So, do you guys think google clould print would work for me?

alexnoalex

Mar 18, 2006
PrinterShare has an option to print gmail.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

eleger91

Oct 29, 2005
In Maine Terms....you can't get there from here....but it can be done.

Try out an app called PrinterShare from the Market. I believe it includes the necessary drivers for your printer. Once you have that installed on your tablet, open it and connect directly to the printer via WiFi.

After that is done, you send things you want to print to the printer via the Share function, it shows up as an option called PrinterShare. You should be able to try it out first before you buy the key, if it works for you.

The Google Cloud print option also works, but requires a PC connected to the Printer on the network, and the PC needs to be on. PrinterShare should let you go direct, and also supports printing from web browser or any other app that you can share from.

Hope this helps.

Is "google cloud" shown as "MyCloud" in my Android 4.0 ?

amaddux

But seriously, if you have a google cloud capable printer and install the cloud print app you can print from pretty much any app at that point.

I had no idea PrinterShare had the capability to print from within it. I've always clicked Share, then selected it to print when the Share button is available in an app. I don't really print or try to print that often though. The idea behind the tablet to me is to avoid having to print things.

That being said, unfortunately, I think the fact remains that printing is not available for the great majority of apps, so "pretty much any app" means 10% or less of apps. For instance, I can't print from Google Maps. Another thing I've never found a good way to print...a web form that I've entered data into. Sending it to Cloud Print prints the form, but with none of the entered data.

Although I'm sure someone will give me the process almost as soon as I post this :)

treckin

Aug 20, 2008
I mean a screenshot would at least get what youre talking about done better then not... And then you have to figure there is an app that will wifi print those screenshots. This is obviously not too useful when the document is multiple pages

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

phree1

Jul 13, 2010
Austin, TX
So I just reloaded Cloud Print (it's actually been awhile since I used it on my old Prime and had not yet put it on my Infinity). I had forgotten that in order to print mail easily, you have to install the K9 mail app to use in conjunction with the Cloud Print app.

Once you have K9 loaded, you simply go to your inbox and long press on the mail you want to print. When the context menu opens, click "share" and you will have the option of sharing with cloud print. Once you do that you simply need to click the "click here to print" button.

I prefer the Gmail app's UI by a long shot. I install K9 and disable notifications and syncing and just refresh manually when I need to print an email.

You can also print attachments in Gmail with the cloud print app by clicking the attachment and downloading, then choosing "share" and sharing it with the cloud print app.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

commandlinekid

Nov 14, 2012
New York
YES. I am So tired of new attitude the kids have of "Oh I don't know the answer, so let me just make one up".
Google forums are full of crap answers these days. Someone needs to tighten it up.

Am I missing something...the original post asked about printing from the gmail app. There is no share button in the gmail app unless I'm missing it, so I don't think it can be done from the app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Am I missing something...the original post asked about printing from the gmail app. There is no share button in the gmail app unless I'm missing it, so I don't think it can be done from the app.